Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 02:44 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,793,392 times

Advertisements

DNA showed that none of the family members did it than who's DNA's have they got ? Who's DNA was in her finger nails who's????

Old 09-21-2016, 03:10 PM

This is the United Stated!!!!!!!!!

people are getting way to careless and dumb. Most of the accidents happen because of people are all in a rush and are to lazy to give them selfs extra time.

Old 09-21-2016, 03:15 PM

19,138 posts, read 25,356,008 times
From a discussion of water quality:

I'll too, filtered my water. I simply do not trust any government or government subsided entity...

Old 09-21-2016, 03:28 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,656,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertegan View Post
I'm so glad I found this thread. Read this the other day and was so annoyed. Does ANYONE edit anymore? (ignore the politics of the topic, just look at what the sentence actually says):

"when four of their players kneeled during a game to protest racial oppression against the Seattle Seahawks last Sunday, NBC 6 Miami reported."
Welcome to the thread!

Old 09-22-2016, 11:13 AM

4,800 posts, read 2,806,813 times
Default Way up north ...

On slavery -

" ... north into Canada (bared by Great Britain)."

And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
They keep their boyfriends warm at night

Good night, America!

Old 09-22-2016, 11:27 AM

2,515 posts, read 5,027,884 times
There are several websites that accept song lyric transcriptions from users. People should not try to transcribe lyrics if their vocabulary isn't up to it, but some of them try. Here are some examples from a song by the brilliant Dave Frishberg. The transcription supposedly comes from an album by a singer with very good diction, so I don't understand how the user missed some of these. Others, you can see that he or she just wasn't familiar with the words Dave used:

the real lyric:
I like to dine in a Florentine palazzo

the transcription:
I like to dine in the foreign time palatso

the real lyric:
I like to shop on the Champs Elysees

the transcription:
I like to shop on the Champs De Elesee

the real lyric:
And I know a bar in Gaza where they serve goat lip tea

the transcription:
And I know a bar in Ghaza, where they serve goblet tea

the real lyric:
I'll jump a jet just to samba one set in Rio

the transcription:
I jump a jet, just to ensemble one set in Rio

the real lyric:
And spend Labor Day in either Monterey or Nome

the transcription:
And spend Labour Day in either Montreal or Rome

Old 09-23-2016, 06:29 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,356,008 times
Have you been to Florida and drink their tab water? It taste worst than public pool water.

Old 09-23-2016, 11:55 AM

Beware if your attending. It was just announced on radio that there will be troublemakers from BLM and other pro thug organizations along with troublemakers from LBGTQRSTUV ect.. and other rebel rousers out patrolling.
They will be looking for (read incighting) instances of racism, sexism, bias etc. andcare,apparently being backed by the __ PD.
DONT LET THESE ____s SUCKER YOU INTO A CONFRONTATION.
Your Welcome!

Old 09-23-2016, 02:49 PM

44,371 posts, read 20,080,080 times
I just couldn't mustard the courage

Made me laugh.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 09-23-2016, 03:25 PM

808 posts, read 712,341 times
I know I'm late to the party, but I have two pretty good ones:

I swear human being are stupid..and have no ability to recognize temperature registered has NOTHING to do with how it's felt by human's??? It amazes me..but maybe I'm just getting use to those that constantly wish to claim..it's normal...

I've been around pushing to almost 7 decades..and have had AC for past 45 of those years... I do not particularly like A/C as Hit normally can be dealt with by using fans or having good insulation along with drapery that blocks out radiant heat....But Humidity ( that's where Dew Point comes in) makes that temp. whatever it feels ( human feeling it) like..means Temp may register 75..but humidex means we human's may feel it like 85..But when humidity becomes so oppressive..it becomes like walking into a SOUP..difficult to breath and instant sweat..It's nasty especially for elderly and people who have respiratory issues!

So Please folks..for those who are in denial..research..100 degree's in Arizona is NOT the SAME AS 100 degrees in a humid climate!! Many retire to Arizona because of it's Arid climate ( note ARID~ means DRY) ..because humidity makes it more difficult to breath..like trying to breath underwater for some!!

Acute Cold for those same Respiratory affected people too have same difficulty..

I sure wish more would be more responsible and LEARN of what they speak about..NOT the talking points preached by Fossil Fuel entities or Climate Change deniers!!

I can make meaning out of this, but the spelling and punctuation are so far off that the person seems more likely to be 17 than 70 to me.

Another (which I can't make meaning out of):

Thy are very wrong time is never on your side there are a lot of rules in a great relationship 1 make all plans togather,2 never have secrets, 3 tell eachother I love you as much as possible and mean it 4,never go to bed mad 5 never forget special occasion,valintines day, birthday, and especially the day you where married 6 no drug use,no drinking if you or your wife do this before you get together you can't change them you took them as they are 7 spend more time togather time is what makes a great marriage the two must be one hart and soul 8 let them have space when they ask sometime they will give you yours 9 it's not your ,mine it in owers house,car,boat,I don't care what it is owers 10 you better get started if you want to have a marriage a good one last for till deth do us part I know this because I was with my wife for 31 years she passed away 7-29-2015 now I'm on my own the best love I could ever had I got thankyou for your time <personal information deleted>
What a looser you will never find anyone that way you might get married at 65 or70 live for to day don't worry about tomorrow your going to regreat because you or you wife will be gone before you know it and someone will have all that money and no one to love unless you love money more than your wife sounds like Thurston howl the 111

Uh...huh?

Last edited by Cheesehead92; 09-23-2016 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: spacing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.