Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 06:33 AM

19,147 posts, read 25,371,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by per se View Post
Ew I don't eat lunges.
Nor do I, but when some Asian friends put out a dish of lungs on their buffet table, some of the other folks at their gatherings will lunge for that item.

Last edited by Retriever; 05-07-2017 at 07:29 AM..

Old 05-07-2017, 08:23 AM

202 posts, read 129,116 times
That's good to know that I can expect less traffic as I lunge away, hoping to find a planter or nearby restroom to do my gagging in private!

Old 05-07-2017, 09:20 AM

4,191 posts, read 3,410,378 times
Quote:
That was a waist of a couple bucks.
Didn't even realize deer had waists.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM

4,801 posts, read 2,809,263 times
Default K. D. Lang, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by per se View Post
That's good to know that I can expect less traffic as I lunge away, hoping to find a planter or nearby restroom to do my gagging in private!
Let's see - we've had lung, lunge - still missing lounge, louche, long & a handful of others.

Lungs as food might be OK - I'd be willing to give 'em a try - as long as the critters grew up in the far north somewhere, preferably the Artic Circle. If they grew up in an agricultural mega-shed of some kind - crowded, dirty, polluted, (in US feedlots, they're typically fed antibiotics to bulk them up - muscle mass - faster - a side effect, but this use of massive amounts of antibiotics in US food animals is the leading money-maker for big Pharma, I think - & one of the main reasons it's so hard to reduce antibiotic use in the US food stream) - then no, their lungs capture, I'm sure, the particles of fecal bits ground underhoof & floating about in the air.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:27 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,796,395 times
you can throw words around loosely that he is self obsessed, think skinned bigotted and unethical....and perhaps your right, but....I voted for him b/c I felt he would do the things he is doing....I don't care if he is bigotted....

you win some, you loose some.

Me and my son meet. Ted nugent some years ago at a bow hunters convention in ____.....i will never forget the look on his face when he got to meet his idol face to face and autograph......it was like when i met KISS the first time.....so here is my thought.....if your lucky to get what you want out of life....shut up.....and if your so offended by what others post....to bad....who are you to sensor me.....and if i am deleted and blocked....so be it...this site was not worth my time.....i have bigger fish to fry
Get a dam life........enjoy the nuge.....i will

I'm going this year one way or an other an going shake Ted's hand!

You know the growing season has began when you see the semi ***** hualers up and down the highway.....do they ever wash them things....cuz...like dam they smell

Worked until 3am this morning......now up and atom.

and they ment everything to me.......i just hope god dish's out you a plate of *****......a$$hole/s

Sitting at micky ds and listening to this guy behind me laying down his dog and pony show about how sell sell porducts on line and door to door for a small fee how he can help hwr with only 5 to 10 hours a week become wealthy......i laughed when she said all i see is a pyrimid sceme.......dont fall for this. I said as i git up and left.....laughing as i walkwd out the door

Old 05-07-2017, 04:01 PM

I think fast food is make me sick

Old 05-07-2017, 05:00 PM

26,764 posts, read 26,875,608 times
"i noticed that with modern cashiers - everything is automated such that they go into an auto-pilot mode."

Old 05-08-2017, 01:51 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,796,395 times
Instead of families building wealth and prosperity, business, acquiring property and passing it down to their future generations offering them stability like it should be they have created a nation of shiftless and confused people who think that keeping up with the Jones via 'education' and corporatism is the what success is. Even Orson Welles new that.

The issue is less liberals get married so they get divorced less.

Come on you guys get offended at a drop of a hate and scurry to court like rats.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Instead of families building wealth and prosperity, business, acquiring property and passing it down to their future generations offering them stability like it should be they have created a nation of shiftless and confused people who think that keeping up with the Jones via 'education' and corporatism is the what success is. Even Orson Welles new that.

The issue is less liberals get married so they get divorced less.

Come on you guys get offended at a drop of a hate and scurry to court like rats.

In addition to the obvious problems with grammar, spelling, and syntax, I think that the person who composed that gem had problems identifying exactly which "Wells" he/she was discussing. I strongly suspect that, instead of Orson Welles, he/she meant to refer to H.G. Wells.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:40 PM

202 posts, read 129,116 times
All I can tell from the Welles/Wells quote is that evidently a little bit of knowledge (and a little bit of grammar) just might be more dangerous than none at all.

With less learning and more common sense the poster may have realized he/she didn't know enough to expound on a subject they obviously know nothing about.

Sadly, freedom of speech implies freedom to say anything stupid no matter how poor the grammar, how defective the logic, and how ill informed the person is.

I can't even tell what the hell the post is all about. One thing for sure though, while it may have served no useful purpose where it was posted, but it eventually found a good home (here).

If nothing else, at least the post is useful as a bad example!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing