Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 01:54 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,168,328 times

Advertisements

Yes this is hot air coming out of my mouth. It was hot air going in and my 98.6 ain't helpin' things!

Old 05-03-2017, 02:49 PM

19,162 posts, read 25,411,046 times
I live and breath this everyday.

Old 05-03-2017, 03:09 PM

I am on the fence on weather to order the car.

Old 05-03-2017, 04:37 PM

In Maine we also have killer clams and alot of innovative, delicious food.

Hmmm...I wonder how they allot those "killer" clams.
Are they used for Capital Punishment?

Old 05-03-2017, 05:16 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,801,751 times
This whole is bull and what the rights of Ms. Davis.

Old 05-03-2017, 06:05 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,801,751 times
Your wrong.
How do you no?
Because your not saying he is...
Because they're are not any games out there.

Selling my tiger table, pic dosen't show it's true beauty (bad camera). - (It was not beautiful.)

Old 05-03-2017, 06:13 PM

Give me a beautiful camera every time. I don't care the hell if it takes good pictures or not.

Maybe it will be nice for taking pictures of my iPhone. WTH did I buy my Canon Digital Rebel t4i DSLR? You got it! I totally support the Japanese economy even at the cost of about $1K.

When they're not impressed with my Kimber .45 I'll show them my Canon!

Old 05-03-2017, 08:55 PM

Default Wall of post example

WALL OF POST EXAMPLE

I can't read these. Somebody, please give me the Cliff notes in 3 sentences? No, I'm kidding. I didn't read it, don't expect you to read it either. At least it has 3 paras.

Quote:
Thanks all for your input. I'm tired of NYC. Born and raised in it and looking for a change and that change is some place further South. Just tired of the rat race here, competitive job market, age subway system that breaks down, and with the death of white picket fenced suburbia, so many millennial Americans moved here causing rents to spike up, jobs to become competitive and so forth. Lastly, NYC is just to damn expensive. I pay 2k in rent which I split with a relative, and the rest is on utilities. I have been to Arizona for five days, and even explored on my own. I did notice that taking public transportation takes a while to get to point A and point B, but it is only worth while for short distances like 2-3 mile travel. I knew that car is a must I did notice that Phoenix residents don't dress professionally like they do in NYC and DC. Khaki and Polo shirts will do just fine. Plenty of Mexicans in Arizona, but I'm used to it since I live in an mostly Mexican neighborhood in NYC. Phoenix Arizona has great access to nature. NYC does not have access to nature and requires a long drive to experience nature. Phoenix has a great food scene. I did not experience ladies in Phoenix Arizona except for a strip club near downtown. I told the stripper, " I think I want to move here". The stripper than said. "If I move here, I would like to be your girlfriend". Seriously she was up for it. If I remember correctly, she said she wanted to date a New York man. And those hostess who was this hot Mexican woman wanted to hang out during the week, but I was leaving the following day. I find this attention concerning, because I never get attention like that back in my native NYC unless if I'm goodlooking or have a lot of money. Which I lack in both departments.

I'm not getting any young and quickly approaching my mid thirties. I noticed that it would take a long time to purchase a home in the NYC or in the Northeast area. It will also take time to obtain a good job. Plenty of employers here are dumping benefits faster than they dump garbage. Plenty of folks are gunning after public sector jobs due to benefits and job security. Sadly my degree is geared for public sector and not private sector work and private sector guys are jumping ship. If not private, sector or public sector jobs, maybe I can prop up my own business in Pheonix area. I'm also looking to become a home owner before I turn 40. If I still live in NYC, I'll be renting to the day I day. Last I'm also looking to settle down. NYC is a mess and a wash with various types of women who are just angry, chasing after Mr. Wrong, or Chasing after Mr. Right who is just stringing ladies on, but ignore a decent man.

The only problem with moving is that I'd be so far, far, far away. I have no family out in the West. Majority of family are just immigrants and first generation Americans, thus reluctant to leave the northeast until retirement. Like wise for my close friends who love NYC, are locked into good jobs at the moment. Family and Friends are dear to me, and they appreciate me as well as I appreciate them. Only my brother is willing to leave with me to AZ because he wants out of NYC too.
Jeez, add 3-4 more paragraph breaks and it might'a been a good post!

Do they teach paragraphs in schools these days? Uh, no, stupid question. They teach READING, they don't teach WRITING any more.

Only the literati actually write these days. Everybody else has been reduced to being writing consumers.

Flip hamburgers. Your job is merely to consume. Consume TV. Consume social media. Spend money. You are worthless to society, as are your job skills, except only in the sense that you create consumerism so that the bourgeoisie like us can collect your rent and pay you to perform your miserable, mindless jobs.

All I can say is it's better to be the bourgeoisie than the proletariat. My own personal experience. Been both, done that. Trust me, wealth creation is better in my hands than theirs.

Old 05-03-2017, 09:42 PM

37,181 posts, read 41,383,587 times
They don't have no concept of boundaries.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
They don't have no concept of boundaries.
Meaning, "they do have a concept of boundaries?"

Oddly, the double negative is accepted in Spanish, and in some American dialects.

"We don' need no steenkin' bodges." -- Treasure of the Sierra Madre starring Humphrey Bogart. Not that this is example, except of bad Spanish influenced Engilsh by a bad bit actor.

Yet we all remember that actor even decades after his demise!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.