Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 06:48 PM

4,810 posts, read 2,855,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Ect, indeed!
What are the odds?
Well, offhand, I'd say that they're the ones we're citing here.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:19 PM

89,280 posts, read 86,230,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by per se View Post
How do you know that?

An ounce is 28.3 grams. Ask me how I know. Duh. Because I live in a country on the metric system, and have to deal with countries on the Imperial system. (That would be a good guess.) And because I'm attending college in a scientific major that uses SI units?

1/8 of an ounce = 3.5375 grams. Okay I'll grant that's close.

"eight-balls" ... four guys? ... Eight guys with the nickname "lefty?"

I once saw some grrls sniffing powder in the loo at a club... On the counter!!! Ew!!! They actually came out and you could still see white powder on their noses! Do guys find that attractive? (I don't use much makeup myself, mostly lip gloss... Maybe some sparklies when I run wild!)

Hey, let's team tag! You watch them F themselves up, and when I get my degree and license I can un-F them up! (The treatment of drug addiction is one of my study fields. Funny, they could just not need the treatment if they avoided the cause in the first place. Ironic.)

I just had a horrid thought. What if that was one guy with 8 balls? I know I'd run for sure! Particularly if he had 4 penii! LOLOL!
I aways thought "eight-ball" was a reference to billiards, but you put a whole new perspective on it."

Old 05-10-2017, 08:22 PM

89,280 posts, read 86,230,413 times
Quote:
What is the proper number of question marks to use when posting in a forum? I think just one. Okay, I sometimes do that multi-? thing too. What's a grrl to do when faced with such dolts???

And what's with the question in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS? Yelling questions?

Sorry MQ, I didn't mean to take a shot at you. My apologies are hereby tendered!
It's OK. I was just experiencing the minor meltdown of a somewhat obsessive person. It happens.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM

202 posts, read 131,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I aways thought "eight-ball" was a reference to billiards, but you put a whole new perspective on it."
I had never heard the term "8-ball" in relationship to drugs until the earlier post. I was just building on it.

Actually I hate 8-ball, I regard it as a game for beginners. Good for sucking in chumps though, I play badly until the money comes out.

I play straight pool, rack after rack, running a score. A good game takes 1-2 hours. Funny how guys always fall for my, "Oh please, show me a few shots!" Then we up the bet until it's worth me moving in for the kill. An old BF taught me how to hustle! LOLOL! They never see it coming! Never realize that a grrl could take their money and drink for free! Okay, I batt my eyes!

I just love the look on their face when Ms. Inept fumbles and misses the cue ball, the money comes out, then I run 3-4 racks in a row! You should see the look on their face! Priceless! My old BF was a professional hustler. Okay he hustled me a few times...

He taught me the lesson. Don't show your stuff until the money is on the table. Wiggle your ass instead. They think ass not money. And then they lose both!

Yeah I tried pot, I didn't like it. Good experience though since I hope to venture into drug abuse treatment some day as a healthcare professional. But never again. Tried it, interesting experience, but not one I'd care to repeat. Party, you know?

I stick to wine and cocktails these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's OK. I was just experiencing the minor meltdown of a somewhat obsessive person. It happens.
I do it myself too!!! You know the grammatical rule, that the more punctuation you use means the more strongly you feel? Right? Right. Maybe not. But I didn't mean to pick on you! Too many chumps in the forum to turn on fellow grammarians!

Last edited by per se; 05-10-2017 at 08:47 PM..

Old 05-11-2017, 08:31 AM

19,251 posts, read 25,691,501 times
Quote:
I do it myself too!!! You know the grammatical rule, that the more punctuation you use means the more strongly you feel? Right?
I guess that this makes sense--to a certain extent--in regard to exclamation points and question marks, but I am at a loss to explain the "feelings" underlying the use of multiple commas, as in this example:

Most of us have been there,,, figuratively I mean. Luckily I don't even know where xxxxxxxxx's court is,,, good luck.

Old 05-11-2017, 10:05 AM

I was,,, you know,,, kidding?!?

However, I've always wondered where the particularly annoying style of adding multiple commas comes from. Probably like the rest of this compendium of bad grammar: bad education or education completely missing. I can't believe that anybody started out with a good education in English and then learned bad habits.

This is probably related adding apostrophe's when all else fails!

I believe it may possibly be a medical or psychological affliction when people eschew all punctuation including capitalization and organizing thoughts into paragraphs. The former is just plain stupid and illiterate, the latter may be a form of psychological disorder in the patient... er... poster being incapable of organizing their thoughts in a coherent manner.

Perhaps multiple, repeated punctuation is a related disorder. I'll have to consult the DSM for more research.

I shudder at the often seen "wall of post" (usually a new member's first post) sans all punctuation, capitalization, organization, and lack of paragraphs. The only way to make that worse is to use Per Se's on-line random punctuation tool which inserts one or more punctuation characters at random, and is configurable for frequency of insertion and randomizes number and type of characters,,,, inserted.

Unfortunatlely my last BF was the right geek for the job, but I left him behind in US when I returned to Canada. (I wonder if he noticed I left... Last time I saw him he was totally absorbed in WoW or something!)

Per Se's rule on dating geeks: "Don't date anybody more geeky than yourself!"

Old 05-11-2017, 10:11 AM

Is there some organization closer that I can bring stuff too?

Old 05-11-2017, 10:15 AM

I am in Ga. & here trailer's are tagged & need light's.

When in doubt, just throw-in some apostrophes!

Old 05-11-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Is there some organization closer that I can bring stuff too?
Well if you want to purchase that organization and it goes through escrow, let's hope the escrow officer is a good closer!

Remember to bring your money! Stuff... Whatever...

Old 05-11-2017, 01:31 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,833,288 times
Dysfunction breads dysfunction.

Are you supposed to fry it after it's breaded?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing