Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 06:13 AM

19,224 posts, read 25,529,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I think they are asking if Social Security checks are for the month the check is received or for the previous month (in arrears).

It actually only makes a difference if the SS beneficiary dies. The deceased person does not get a check for the month in which death occurs. A check received in June is for the month of May. If a person dies in May (even if it is a minute before midnight on May 31), the estate must return any check received in June.

That is a very good explanation, but it operates on the presumption that the person who originally wrote about "social s?curity" actually knows which month we are currently in.

Quien sabe?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:43 AM

I was born in xxxxxx and can tell you potter smottery if you know someone you are good.

What could that possibly mean?

Old 06-27-2016, 10:52 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,822,682 times
I designed these cabnets and had them made by a local cabnet maker/carpenter getting ready to paint them.

I worked there also back in the 1978 we were always buzy and on out toes. I think cuz there food sucked.

Let parents be parents.when your child does something wrong let the parents spank them and not worrying about the outcome. I don't mean leave bruises. Children these days think they are untouchable I can do anything and nothing is going to happen to me. I got my but spanked many of times when I deserved it and did not effect the as an adult. My children also got spankings and them are great adults. No jail time at all for all two generations.

I worked in this small town for 2 years and I learn you go 5 under. I don't see any wreaks happening in Turbeville. Do the speed limit and you won't get a ticket the town is a one light town stop hating on the town and to tell ya the truth you think them dropping the price and upping the points going to change anything? Umm no.

*On coming traffic merges onto the highway. Vehicles on the highway are not obligated to move for meringues vehicles.

Last edited by Nicci6Squirrels; 06-27-2016 at 11:00 AM..

Old 06-27-2016, 01:47 PM

4,805 posts, read 2,830,517 times
Default Now if it's the lambada, the forbidden dance ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post

*On coming traffic merges onto the highway. Vehicles on the highway are not obligated to move for meringues vehicles.
Well, of course, that clears it all up. If the car has those big fuzzy dice hanging off the rearview mirror & it's rocking to a meringue beat, you don't need no steenkin' badges.

¡Órale!

Old 06-28-2016, 05:55 AM

Steward Margolin played the roll real well. It's why he won two Emmy's for that roll.

Here is a possible variation of that statement:
I would like another bread roll, steward. Can you bring me one of Emmy's?

In any event, I wonder how much dough Mr. Margolin received for his performance, as it was apparently not of the half-baked variety. It seems that he...rose...to the occasion, so he was probably well-compensated, as long as he wasn't loafing on the job...

Old 06-28-2016, 06:43 AM

Another expert on the topic of education weighs-in:

in regular public schools you cant seperate the kids who dont care from the teachers.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:38 AM

4,805 posts, read 2,830,517 times
Default Rôle over Beethoven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Steward Margolin played the roll real well. It's why he won two Emmy's for that roll.

Here is a possible variation of that statement:
I would like another bread roll, steward. Can you bring me one of Emmy's?

In any event, I wonder how much dough Mr. Margolin received for his performance, as it was apparently not of the half-baked variety. It seems that he...rose...to the occasion, so he was probably well-compensated, as long as he wasn't loafing on the job...

Yah, I tried to rep.

& his acting was so natural, so ... un-starchy. A nice crust, & so his performance was hard-bitten? & his manners - so well-bread. May he never leaven upon a jet plane.

If only we could find some water to cast our bread upon ...

Old 06-28-2016, 10:06 AM

I waitted to hide my pregnancy back in 75.. My daughter was born.. Abortion was very popular.. Enjoying my grandsons.. With HIV.. And many sexual transmitted diseases.. - So poorly worded, all of it.

this is high time for us human to make things better and stop blaming ourselfs.

Stephen Hawkins is greatest threat for human and Earth.

I think we're all done with the preachiness of Stephen Hawking he's just a smart man that's all nothing more we don't need anymore of his advice. he's a self-important veins scientist who is had a tragic life nothing more.

Ted cruse & Donald Trump said climate change's a hoax.

Well what do you expect when there's a system and heiracy categorization

I know the person who gets paid to dress, feed and tolit him must make good money....lol

To ignore the havoc that "intellectuals" have wrecked on our planet is completely disingenuous.

But I believe as a lady if I can get this ones then I believe a man should get it better than me.

stephen.hawking.....this name has a hen...and hawk....together....lol.....

If that had been a regular person they would have went to jail for drugs and for abuse.

My daddy use to say, if you see one of those truck please stay far away from it.

Where is this at in Charleston im going to visit soon too the aquarium and where the boats fort Knox is if your familiar where that is I definitely dont want to take the kid's to a shark hole we are new to sc we went to myrtle beach and swam a lady got stung by a jelly fish I see lots if jelly fish there but one think I do know is sharks live in the ocean along with other things but I also know sharks are know to swim in certain areas I forget what they call them but like they are always in that spot im not saying myrtle dont have them cause they due but usually dont come up unless high tide and or at night back to my question where is a safe beach near downtown Charleston? Ty

Old 06-28-2016, 11:12 AM

This is a nice gesture but ultimatively really dumb.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:08 PM

A few minutes ago, I completed an online survey for the YouGov organization.
This survey dealt with consumer products, including those used for haircare and hair styling.
One of the questions asked if I use "mouse" on my hair, and--unfortunately--my only answer choices were "yes" and "no".

If they had allowed me to elaborate, I would have stated that I only use "mouse" on my hair if I want to "rat" it.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing