Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you vibe with the most?
London 30 34.09%
Sydney 15 17.05%
Toronto 12 13.64%
New York City 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 10:48 AM

164 posts, read 81,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuari0deldia View Post
Omg guys or girls. Chill. People are entitled to have their opinions and not everyone has to like London. Look outside your window the weather is so nasty!! And it’s summer. It’s so windy, cold and rainy. that’s enough reason for someone to dislike a place.
What lunatics!

All I said is I enjoy a lot of the food options and the vibe in New York City over the other options. Suddenly they are calling me Irene and saying I am a troll because I did not say London is the best for me!

Reading over the thread, they have done the same with other posters if they do not pick London.

On the other hand you are right, this is a live webcam of Trafalgar Square, it's windy and raining right now.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/j...0001.06502.mp4

Last edited by karl77; 08-06-2021 at 10:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 11:57 AM

27,332 posts, read 13,588,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karl77 View Post
What lunatics!

All I said is I enjoy a lot of the food options and the vibe in New York City over the other options. Suddenly they are calling me Irene and saying I am a troll because I did not say London is the best for me!

Reading over the thread, they have done the same with other posters if they do not pick London.

On the other hand you are right, this is a live webcam of Trafalgar Square, it's windy and raining right now.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/j...0001.06502.mp4
Talking to yourself again Irene.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:49 PM

14,823 posts, read 12,070,837 times
Quote:
Omg guys or girls. Chill. People are entitled to have their opinions and not everyone has to like London. Look outside your window the weather is so nasty!! And it’s summer. It’s so windy, cold and rainy. that’s enough reason for someone to dislike a place.
No it isn't!? It has been rather pleasant here today, not windy, not cold, not rainy. I've spent the afternoon in the Garden with my Mrs, she's not well and we've had a barbeque, sun shining a few fluffy clouds, temperature in the twenties slight breeze, Of course you wouldn't know that would you because you don't live here!!

Old 08-06-2021, 05:50 PM

90 posts, read 67,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No it isn't!? It has been rather pleasant here today, not windy, not cold, not rainy. I've spent the afternoon in the Garden with my Mrs, she's not well and we've had a barbeque, sun shining a few fluffy clouds, temperature in the twenties slight breeze, Of course you wouldn't know that would you because you don't live here!!
Lol gimme some of the drug you are on. It was definitely raining and windy until 7pm. I got very wet. It’s now very cold for a summer. Tomorrow it’s gonna rain and temperatures between 14-18C typical nasty weather in London.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:19 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,320,343 times
Quote:
Lol gimme some of the drug you are on. It was definitely raining and windy until 7pm. I got very wet. It’s now very cold for a summer. Tomorrow it’s gonna rain and temperatures between 14-18C typical nasty weather in London.
I love London and I love the climate in the UK. I also love my home city of Sydney but it is the winter I prefer here. The summer can be hot. Despite my best efforts my whole adult life, on my last visit to the dermatologist I had thirty solar keratosis sunspots zapped but at least did not have any full cancers cut out this time. It is tiring having to hide from the sun all the time.

London is dynamic, the food is great, the people are helpful in our experience.

Old 08-06-2021, 06:28 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,514,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
I love London and I love the climate in the UK. I also love my home city of Sydney but it is the winter I prefer here. The summer can be hot. Despite my best efforts my whole adult life, on my last visit to the dermatologist I had thirty solar keratosis sunspots zapped but at least did not have any full cancers cut out this time. It is tiring having to hide from the sun all the time.

In Australia, its always recommend that a person use sunscreen with an SPF of 50.

Old 08-06-2021, 10:35 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,320,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
In Australia, its always recommend that a person use sunscreen with an SPF of 50.
It was not available when I was young!
I simply do not like hot weather. Never have.

Old 08-07-2021, 02:24 AM

90 posts, read 67,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post

Agree with you about London. I am really surprised about how helpful people are, maybe because there’s a stereotype that London is a cold and an unfriendly city, but I have found very lovely and helpful people. There’s also the stereotype about London having bad food but that’s not the case. I still prefer Chinese and south East Asian food in Sydney but London does pretty well for Turkish and Caribbean food (something I rarely saw in Sydney). Indian food is also great here, and there are lots of American chain brands that you don’t find in Australia such as five guys, shake shack, etc.

Old 08-07-2021, 03:17 AM

27,332 posts, read 13,588,407 times
Quote:
Agree with you about London. I am really surprised about how helpful people are, maybe because there’s a stereotype that London is a cold and an unfriendly city, but I have found very lovely and helpful people. There’s also the stereotype about London having bad food but that’s not the case. I still prefer Chinese and south East Asian food in Sydney but London does pretty well for Turkish and Caribbean food (something I rarely saw in Sydney). Indian food is also great here, and there are lots of American chain brands that you don’t find in Australia such as five guys, shake shack, etc.

Little Beirut - Edgeware Road, London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeGFwRNIY0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q19amMkNqo

Little India - Southall, London

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dd2qPUu3g

Lets not forget the Old Jewish East End, and London's Beigels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZmP_Vte3HU

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-07-2021 at 03:40 AM..

Old 08-07-2021, 03:29 AM

164 posts, read 81,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Why can't you seem to accept the fact that not everyone enjoys London?

Last edited by karl77; 08-07-2021 at 03:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World