Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you vibe with the most?
London 30 34.09%
Sydney 15 17.05%
Toronto 12 13.64%
New York City 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 04:07 AM

27,282 posts, read 13,548,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl77 View Post
I am not constantly attacking London.

You seem to be under this weird delusion that if people are not head over heels when it comes to the UK or London then they are all Irene and they are attacking constantly.

You keep calling people who say they do not find London to be all that "Irene" and "troll" and assume they are all one!

London is not a bad place, neither is NYC, but both are overrated!
I suggest you re-read what you have written, you even question the attractiveness of British people and have trolled numerous threads in the same manner.

I doubt very much that you even know most of London, and the same applies to NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2021, 04:11 AM

164 posts, read 81,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I suggest you re-read what you have written, you even question the attractiveness of British people.

I doubt very much that you even know most of London, and the same applies to NYC.
I stated that Miami has better looking women than Ibiza from my perspective due to the heritage people in Miami tend to have. (Brazil, Cuban, Colombia, Venezuelan) women from those countries tend to be quite attractive, and the looks and personalities of the women in those countries spills onto Miami's female population.

Ibiza on the other hand is full of gross, overweight, drunk, working class German, Dutch, British, Irish hags shagging around while on holiday and drinking until they can no longer remember what they did.

That does not mean there are not attractive women in the UK, Germany etc. It is simply that Ibiza tends to be visited by trashy women versus classy women which likely will frequent other much more cultural parts of Spain.

It is comparable to Padre Island or Cancun in Mexico, which is often full of fat, pasty, cellulite and tattoo ridden American women, drunk beyond comprehension, spreading their legs to anything that moves. That does not mean every woman back in the US is the same way. In fact if you go to posh and highly cultural/historical parts of Mexico, the American female tourist you'll find will be much more elegant and classy. The same applies to the quality of visitors from the UK in Spain.

Go to Ibiza, see trashy UK chavs and their women on holiday.
Go to Salamanca, Pamplona, Cordoba etc. See much more attractive, refined female British visitors.

It's a matter of location and the specific demographic that frequents or lives in determined places.

Last edited by karl77; 08-10-2021 at 04:21 AM..

Old 08-10-2021, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl77 View Post
I stated that Miami has better looking women than Ibiza from my perspective due to the heritage people in Miami tend to have. (Brazil, Cuban, Colombia, Venezuelan) women from those countries tend to be quite attractive, and the looks and personalities of the women in those countries spills onto Miami's female population.

Ibiza on the other hand is full of gross, overweight, drunk, working class German, Dutch, British, Irish hags shagging around while on holiday and drinking until they can no longer remember what they did.

That does not mean there are not attractive women in the UK, Germany etc. It is simply that Ibiza tends to be visited by trashy women versus classy women which likely will frequent other much more cultural parts of Spain.

It is comparable to Padre Island or Cancun in Mexico, which is often full of fat, pasty, cellulite and tattoo ridden American women, drunk beyond comprehension, spreading their legs to anything that moves. That does not mean every woman back in the US is the same way. In fact if you go to posh and highly cultural/historical parts of Mexico, the American female tourist you'll find will be much more elegant and classy. The same applies to the quality of visitors from the UK in Spain.

Go to Ibiza, see trashy UK chavs and their women on holiday.
Go to Salamanca, Pamplona, Cordoba etc. See much more attractive, refined female British visitors.

It's a matter of location and the specific demographic that frequents or lives in determined places.

In terms of Ibiza, it's more of a clubbing area and is not full of hags or fat women, other than in your imagination.

As for London (and the UK) you have continually berated it, and you just need to read some of your previous posts.

However in my last post I was actually referring to this thread or have you forgotten your previous posts regarding attractiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl77

Why can't some British people accept the fact that not everyone enjoys London, and not everyone finds English women attractive, not everyone finds British men handsome, not everyone enjoys British culture, not everyone wants to be in the UK, not everyone is rooting for Britain, not everyone finds the UK exciting.

In fact, most people outside the UK are indifferent towards the UK. But that applies to the entire world, people are generally indifferent towards other countries and not everyone enjoys the same things.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but to you and Easthome is unfathomable that some forum members might prefer other things versus the UK.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:10 AM

37,256 posts, read 39,548,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Votes would definitely scatter.

But using your list, I would rank as the following. (My opinion, added a few other Anglophone ones I remember)

1. Chicago
nr. Dublin
2. Boston
nr. Vancouver
--gap--
3. Melbourne
4. Toronto
5. NYC
--gap--
nr. Edinburgh
6. Sydney
7. Atlanta
--gap--
8. London
9. San Francisco
10. Philadelphia
11. Los Angeles
12. Washington DC
ur. Singapore?
--big gap--
13. Miami
--bigger gap--
14. Dallas
15. Phoenix
--big gap--
16. Houston

(Have not been to Singapore.. so I put it where I think it would rank?)

I left out several notables since I'm using about ~5 million metropolitan area population as a cut-off as going further under would basically release a flood of US cities. It seems like you generally prefer urban-ish cities so I'd think that would put Singapore fairly high up sort of like a tropical, cleaner and more urban Vancouver. Well, sorta.

Old 08-10-2021, 06:30 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,106,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
New York's 66 Michelin starred restaurants listed.

List of Michelin starred restaurants in New York City - Wikipedia

London's 66 Michelin starred restaurants listed.

Michelin-star restaurants in London - Time Out (2021)

New York has five three star Michelin restaurants, whilst London has five three star Michelin restaurants, and a further two three star Michelin restaurants just outside of London at Bray near Windsor.
It's almost like Michelin was trying to avoid a fight!

Old 08-10-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
It's almost like Michelin was trying to avoid a fight!

New York is a great city and culinary centre, so to be there up with it, is a great achievement.

Old 08-10-2021, 09:15 AM

2,567 posts, read 3,637,188 times
London. TBH, the other cities don't really interest me. I've been to NYC so many times there's really no excitement in visiting and it just seems like a larger, more expensive, more logistically difficult city than where I already live. Toronto doesn't do a lot for me and I don't have interest in visiting Sydney (though I'm sure it is a great city).

London is my favorite city for very many reasons.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:20 PM

12,194 posts, read 8,080,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I left out several notables since I'm using about ~5 million metropolitan area population as a cut-off as going further under would basically release a flood of US cities. It seems like you generally prefer urban-ish cities so I'd think that would put Singapore fairly high up sort of like a tropical, cleaner and more urban Vancouver. Well, sorta.
Yeah I like Clean+Vibrant+Not Sterile+Walkable+Modern cities that offer good public transportation and quality services.

That's why I like Chicago and Boston over NYC and Philadelphia.

But yeah, I need to check out Singapore some time...

Old 08-10-2021, 03:56 PM

37,256 posts, read 39,548,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Yeah I like Clean+Vibrant+Not Sterile+Walkable+Modern cities that offer good public transportation and quality services.

That's why I like Chicago and Boston over NYC and Philadelphia.

But yeah, I need to check out Singapore some time...

You'd probably like Singapore on most counts then. I think the only thing is that the tropical heat and humidity isn't for everyone. It's really clean, vibrant in terms of a lot going on, and thoroughly modern though with some interesting older neighborhoods thrown in mix though those are generally also in pretty good shape. Mass transit and services there is probably a cut above just about any city mentioned in the list for its size.

Old 08-10-2021, 04:16 PM

3,602 posts, read 2,317,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You'd probably like Singapore on most counts then. I think the only thing is that the tropical heat and humidity isn't for everyone. It's really clean, vibrant in terms of a lot going on, and thoroughly modern though with some interesting older neighborhoods thrown in mix though those are generally also in pretty good shape. Mass transit and services there is probably a cut above just about any city mentioned in the list for its size.
I think Singapore is the perfect city except for the big issue of the climate, which I loathe. I think the food is the best in the world, everything is super efficient. However, it has become very expensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World