Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What city do you vibe with the most?
London 30 34.09%
Sydney 15 17.05%
Toronto 12 13.64%
New York City 31 35.23%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 10:06 AM

12,196 posts, read 8,095,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Who ultimately saw the light and moved to Los Angeles! I think the US is so large that it would make sense for there to be more than just NYC in there. I think if we're setting Anglophone, developed, and Sydney/Toronto as essentially minimum sizes then it should be

Australia
- Melbourne
- Sydney

Canada
- Toronto

Singapore
- Singapore

UK
- London

US
- NYC
- Los Angeles
- Chicago
- Dallas
- Houston
- Washington DC
- Miami
- Philadelphia
- Atlanta
- Phoenix
- Boston
- San Francisco

Now that would give the US a lot more entrants, but that would also disperse a lot more of the US-biased votes and London would likely come out firmly ahead.

Votes would definitely scatter.

But using your list, I would rank as the following. (My opinion, added a few other Anglophone ones I remember)

1. Chicago
nr. Dublin
2. Boston
nr. Vancouver
--gap--
3. Melbourne
4. Toronto
5. NYC
--gap--
nr. Edinburgh
6. Sydney
7. Atlanta
--gap--
8. London
9. San Francisco
10. Philadelphia
11. Los Angeles
12. Washington DC
ur. Singapore?
--big gap--
13. Miami
--bigger gap--
14. Dallas
15. Phoenix
--big gap--
16. Houston

(Have not been to Singapore.. so I put it where I think it would rank?)

Last edited by masssachoicetts; 08-08-2021 at 10:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2021, 10:23 AM

27,329 posts, read 13,579,172 times
Lie flat beds on some BA short haul flights between London and Paris and Amsterdam, as well as Zurich, Stockholm and Athens..

Bit of a short nap though.

Eurostar trains are also finally getting more services operational after Covid, and thankfully the train is only a fraction of the BA airfare ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Independent

Passengers booking business-class trips on British Airways from London Heathrow to Paris or Amsterdam can stretch out on a fully flat bed during part of the one-hour hop.

The frequent-flyer website Head for Points is reporting that BA is using long-haul aircraft with lie-flat Club World beds on some of its shortest flights.

The main type is the ultra-long-haul Boeing 787 Dreamliner, which is being used on the 8.20am flight from Heathrow to Amsterdam on several days each week, and the 12.10pm departure in the opposite direction.

Travelling from London to the Dutch capital on 11 August, returning on 15 August, the return fare in business class is £275. The distance is 231 miles each way.

“Imagine your favourite armchair, your bed, your dining table, and your office; all in one,” says British Airways.

“Our Club World seats are designed for relaxing, sleeping, or getting work done, with more space and privacy.”

BA, like other airlines, is seeking to redeploy long-haul aircraft for cargo purposes, and is also believed to be providing pilots with continued experience.

The Boeing 787 is also being used on some links to Paris CDG – just 216 miles from London Heathrow – as well as Zurich, Stockholm and Athens.

The plane is also being used on flights to Larnaca, which is over 2,000 miles away, and to Moscow – formerly served by British Airways Boeing 747 Jumbo jets.

BRITISH AIRWAYS OFFERS LIE-FLAT BEDS ON ONE-HOUR FLIGHTS TO PARIS AND AMSTERDAM - The Independent

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-08-2021 at 10:36 AM..

Old 08-09-2021, 09:37 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,075,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
What that Marc......

Irene won't fool the children of the revolution
No, Irene won't fool the children of the revolution
No, Irene won't fool the children of the revolution
No, Irene won't fool the children of the revolution, no way, yeah, wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgcxd9wtXUE
Hmm… yes… you definitely have a bad case of Obsessive Irene Disorder (OID).

You need to go to the doctors as soon as possible. Tell them that you are having trouble with your OIDs, and they will probably give you some cream for it.

Get well soon.

Old 08-09-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star10101 View Post
Hmm… yes… you definitely have a bad case of Obsessive Irene Disorder (OID).

You need to go to the doctors as soon as possible. Tell them that you are having trouble with your OIDs, and they will probably give you some cream for it.

Get well soon.
Ignore List +1

Old 08-09-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Ignore List +1
Fair enough. Byeeee!

Old 08-09-2021, 01:36 PM

By the way, I’ve never put anyone on ‘Ignore’. Because if someone is gonna talk sh*t about me, I at least want to know what sh*t they are talking about.

Old 08-09-2021, 03:06 PM

90 posts, read 67,776 times
NYC is so overrated, I really don’t get it.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:01 AM

164 posts, read 81,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usuari0deldia View Post
NYC is so overrated, I really don’t get it.
I agree.

NYC, London are both overrated.

Toronto and Sydney are not overrated because no one is saying they are super cities of the world.

Out of the four cities I pick NYC but Certainly neither one of the four of them would be on my top lists of cities.

Old 08-10-2021, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl77 View Post

Toronto and Sydney are not overrated because no one is saying they are super cities of the world.
Nobody is saying Detroit is a super city or Bristol is a super city, so does the same apply to them.

Most of the cities in the world are not so called super cities.

If you don't like major cities that's up to you, although this constant attacking of London is becoming tiresome.

In terms of cities all four are great cities - Sydney has a fantastic setting and is extremely beautiful and Toronto set besides the beautiful Lake Ontario’s north western shore, also enjoys some great trails and walks, sports facilities, shopping and leisure.

Then again I always try to find the positives rather than negatives which are often based on outdated stereotypes or falsehoods.

NYC is a fantastic city, although it would take you a long time to actually become familiar with the city beyond the tourist areas, and the same applies to most other big cities.

Last edited by Brave New World; 08-10-2021 at 02:31 AM..

Old 08-10-2021, 04:05 AM

164 posts, read 81,622 times
Quote:
Nobody is saying Detroit is a super city or Bristol is a super city, so does the same apply to them.

Most of the cities in the world are not so called super cities.

If you don't like major cities that's up to you, although this constant attacking of London is becoming tiresome.

In terms of cities all four are great cities - Sydney has a fantastic setting and is extremely beautiful and Toronto set besides the beautiful Lake Ontario’s north western shore, also enjoys some great trails and walks, sports facilities, shopping and leisure.

Then again I always try to find the positives rather than negatives which are often based on outdated stereotypes or falsehoods.

NYC is a fantastic city, although it would take you a long time to actually become familiar with the city beyond the tourist areas, and the same applies to most other big cities.
I am not constantly attacking London.

You keep calling people who say they do not find London to be all that "Irene" and "troll" and assume they are all one person with a mission to denigrate London by not saying it's the greatest place ever.!

I am simply stating what I feel, London is not a bad place, neither is NYC, but both are incredibly overrated!
I can name ten cities out of the top of my head that i find to be way cooler than London and NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World