Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 06:11 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,027,308 times

Advertisements

It would have a deserved reputation if the weather you're getting now was normal and not one of the coldest, wettest Mays ever recorded .

Out of curiosity, just how chilly has it been where you are? Has there been any more snow falling or rainy/windy days?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:15 AM

6,990 posts, read 11,462,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricius Maximus View Post
It would have a deserved reputation if the weather you're getting now was normal and not one of the coldest, wettest Mays ever recorded .

Out of curiosity, just how chilly has it been where you are? Has there been any more snow falling or rainy/windy days?
This isn't actually one of the coldest ever recorded really, it's the consistency of the below average crap that's getting boring.

No more snow here, the average high is a very cold (to me) 11 degrees, average should be 14 in May, so well behind. It's got a bit dryer now but there were some showery damp days recently. It's drizzled quite a lot and that is the most boring and pointless tedious weather in the world. Adding days with drizzle it's rained about 16 days this month out of 18.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 AM

Heating on full blast here, won't tolerate sitting in a frozen sub 20°C room dribbling snot down my face. Sod the people who say heating isn't necessary because it's May, it's the temperature that determines if I need it on or not and it's FREEZING for the time of year.

English weather and this lameass weather pattern is a stupid joke, proper temperatures for late May should be at least 18 degrees, which isn't even warm BTW, and far less than a tolerable room temperature. DAMN WEATHER. Having this as a hobby is TRYING EXPERIENCE when you live in the pUKe.

Oh BTW England must be the cloudiest country in the world, I can't think of any countries of our scale cloudier. Must be true.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,646,579 times
It's close to being the coldest ever recorded at Heathrow (May 1984 with an avg high of 14.9C). The average high is currently a pathetic 14.0C, 4 degrees below average.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B87 View Post
It's close to being the coldest ever recorded at Heathrow (May 1984 with an avg high of 14.9C). The average high is currently a pathetic 14.0C, 4 degrees below average.
That sounds worse than the below average anomaly we are having, I didn't realise it was so crap down there. Makes me even more sure of what a pathetic mess or climate has become. Record cold winter months recently, blowtorch synoptics in spring and autumn last year, and freezing super-cloudy summers, and now the summer freezing cold pattern has extended itself into spring too, as of 2012. BLAH. The seasons are messed up in the pUKe these days, at this rate July will be colder than April 2011, and August colder than March, then October will be colder than January and November will be warmer than June. However, all through we'll probably get another 3 record cloudy months and July will have a record low 44.3 hours sunshine in Buxton and barely scraping 100 in SE England. Then we'll have a big snow in September. There will also be no thunderstorms anywhere in the UK from June 1st - August 31st, with a persistent layer of incontinent stratocumulus providing the record highest number of rain days and cloud cover for the least precipitation. New hose pipe bans, standpipes, as we get only 0.1mm a day of drizzle for 3 months but which is somehow enough to soak one to the skin but not actually end the drought.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:42 AM
B87

11,769 posts, read 10,646,579 times
There are average conditions in the forecast; sun and highs of 19-21C, but still....21C as the highest temperature all month? It usually at least gets to 25C a couple of times in May.

NW England is cloudy, but the south is comparable to northern and central Europe, and the south coast actually gets more sunshine than places in the Benelux, Germany etc.

Old 05-18-2012, 06:49 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,536,094 times
Gotta love your rants...lol. Love the word "ghastly" too, especially when spoken in a British accent.

Guess our weather is anything but "ghastly", more like *boring* - sunny again like yesterday and the day before, and the day before. Sunny weather to come tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day - you get the idea.

At least it's not TOO hot just yet. But with 130+ days of summer remaining, there's surly a lot of 90-degrees day in store - yippy...

Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Gotta love your rants...lol. Love the word "ghastly" too, especially when spoken in a British accent.

Guess our weather is anything but "ghastly", more like *boring* - sunny again like yesterday and the day before, and the day before. Sunny weather to come tomorrow, and the day after, and the next day - you get the idea.

At least it's not TOO hot just yet. But with 130+ days of summer remaining, there's surly a lot of 90-degrees day in store - yippy...
At least your summer is punctuated by decent thunderstorms, something I can only dream about in Fetid Fuxton.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,027,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Gotta love your rants...lol.
I liked it, too.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:12 AM

Isn't it funny that when I offer evidence that supports my claim, to a certain person on the forum, who previously branded the claim "fictitious", they can't think of anything else to say and resort to deleting my messages? Epic win.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather