Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,423,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
When I was 17 (last few months), I went to university about 200+ miles from home. Not the same as traveling alone, but I was on my own. At least half of the people I knew left home like that.

I met someone from Germany who was an exchange student for part of high school in the US. At the end, he traveled a bit on his own, can't remember the details.
Well personally I feel if your under 18 surely its unwise to travel to another country on your own? If your travelling for Uni or something far enough but on your own for leisure no.

20,633 posts, read 23,951,494 times
Yes its different for university.

6,517 posts, read 5,838,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
If he believes strongly against alcohol and getting drunk good on him I say! Too many people my age falling into that trap of getting drunk and regretting it in the future.
You seem to always post only to laugh at owen or say something about him, starting to get old and annoying now I must say.
I respect his views towards alcohol, I barely drink myself. What I was referring to was owen saying travelling alone is stupid and dangerous. Read back.

I post in other threads, not just owen related. I comment on owen when he talks crap, which just so happens to be quite often.

Is that ok with you?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Hes a bit of a wanker.

He tried to say the other day I was trying to be racist because I said my cousins have black facial features.
Yep I remember I said that I didn't find your post offensive at all and I'm bloody black.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,951,494 times
Hmmm.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Hes a bit of a wanker.

He tried to say the other day I was trying to be racist because I said my cousins have black facial features.
Please, I never said you were racist! There's a difference between saying someone has black facial features and you saying "big fat lips". I said some people could be offended by that.

Don't twist words owen, and certainly don't say insults that you certainly wouldn't say to my face. It's very easy on a PC isn't it!?

Old 08-29-2013, 02:16 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,717,869 times
Quote:
Well personally I feel if your under 18 surely its unwise to travel to another country on your own? If your travelling for Uni or something far enough but on your own for leisure no.
17 is borderline, might depend on the person. With a group of friends it could be ok, if they have some travel experience, been a bit independent. US is big, but easier in some ways since it's at least the same language.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
I respect his views towards alcohol, I barely drink myself. What I was referring to was owen saying travelling alone is stupid and dangerous. Read back.

I post in other threads, not just owen related. I comment on owen when he talks crap, which just so happens to be quite often.

Is that ok with you?
What I don't get is why reply? I mean if Owen says something just ignore it. What he said wasn't really immature, I suppose where he lives he's been brought up with certain values. Travelling alone under 18 is a bit dangerous I most say especially if it involves not meeting anyone over the age of 21 maybe.
Every damn time on the happy or the un happy thread I see you point out something Owen as done its annoying now. Your really pulling his leg now!!

Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
Please, I never said you were racist! There's a difference between saying someone has black facial features and you saying "big fat lips". I said some people could be offended by that.

Don't twist words owen, and certainly don't say insults that you certainly wouldn't say to my face. It's very easy on a PC isn't it!?
You said his wording was offence right? He was talking about a feature common in black people and you said it may be offensive I'm guessing racially. So in a way one can interpret that as you accusing him as being racist.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
What I don't get is why reply? I mean if Owen says something just ignore it. What he said wasn't really immature, I suppose wheret he loves he was brought up with certain values. Travelling alone under 18 is a bit dangerous I most say especially if it involves not meeting anyone over the age 21 maybe.
Every damn time on the happy or the in happy thread I see you point out something Owen as done its annoying now. Your really pulling his leg now!!
I reply because it's too amusing winding him up. He's guarenteed to reply with a rather amusing comment, a bit like he just did actually! Some of the crap he's said to me and other people is unbelievable.

I am pulling his leg though yes, or rather yanking it. We would probably get on quite well if we ever met. I'd have a beer or two with him. Or maybe a lemonade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather