Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 AM

13,490 posts, read 9,039,563 times

Advertisements

Flights all booked for when we move out to Malta Now just have to sort the booking for our cat, which is rather difficult as keep getting given different e mail addresses & phone numbers

Old 10-03-2013, 09:47 AM

688 posts, read 842,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
No ma'am Counter-Strike is better and always will be
Brutal Doom man. Unadulterated blood and gore fest. No missions, no tactics, just blast your way through the levels blowing apart enemies in a sea of blood and guts. I am addicted. Yes a lot of modern shooters are gory.... but nothing compares to Doom's gameplay - just frag the bastards any way you can!!!!! The fun factor is tremendous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Flights all booked for when we move out to Malta Now just have to sort the booking for our cat, which is rather difficult as keep getting given different e mail addresses & phone numbers
Get ready to enjoy one of the best climates on Earth. Although moving to such a tiny island must be a big change.

Old 10-03-2013, 09:58 AM

6,517 posts, read 5,822,098 times
Malta is gorgeous, the weather is amazing, it's a perfect climate in my eyes! I'm very envious of flamingGalah!

It's a shame there isn't much demand for aircraft engineers over there, otherwise my wife would be getting nagged by me to go!

Old 10-03-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Overcast View Post
Get ready to enjoy one of the best climates on Earth. Although moving to such a tiny island must be a big change.
Well I already live on a tiny Island (Portsea Island) so I feel quite at home whenever I go to Malta. Malta is one of the most densely populated countries in the world & Portsmouth is the most densely populated city in the UK, so will be used to the traffic jams, no parking etc.. except I'll have lovely weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
Malta is gorgeous, the weather is amazing, it's a perfect climate in my eyes! I'm very envious of flamingGalah!

It's a shame there isn't much demand for aircraft engineers over there, otherwise my wife would be getting nagged by me to go!
Yep the weather is great, can't wait to say goodbye to damp, grey chilly winters & unpredictable summers. In Malta you are guaranteed hot, dry & sunny weather all summer

Surely there must be some demand though, Luqa airport is better than it once was, if still tiny!

Last edited by flamingGalah!; 10-03-2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old 10-03-2013, 01:43 PM

6,517 posts, read 5,822,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingGalah! View Post
Well I already live on a tiny Island (Portsea Island) so I feel quite at home whenever I go to Malta. Malta is one of the most densely populated countries in the world & Portsmouth is the most densely populated city in the UK, so will be used to the traffic jams, no parking etc.. except I'll have lovely weather

Yep the weather is great, can't wait to say goodbye to damp, grey chilly winters & unpredictable summers. In Malta you are guaranteed hot, dry & sunny weather all summer

Surely there must be some demand though, Luqa airport is better than it once was, if still tiny!
There's not much that I could see out there, plus it depends on aircraft type, salary etc.

In fact, I've just checked and Lufthansa have quite a large maintenance site out there. I might have to look into this!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:53 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,830,170 times
Malta, what a corrupt hellhole that has mentally remained in the 19th century. Or 18th. And a poor, barren rock.

Old 10-03-2013, 02:03 PM

3,715 posts, read 5,271,222 times
thunderstorm in October, happy because it's unusual

Old 10-03-2013, 02:34 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,893,420 times
Gavs weather vids has put me out of my misery. He has told us that the crap will bugger off by the end of the month and then stay away! THANK GOD!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean york View Post
There's not much that I could see out there, plus it depends on aircraft type, salary etc.

In fact, I've just checked and Lufthansa have quite a large maintenance site out there. I might have to look into this!
Yeah Lufthansa are quite big out there, well for Malta lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Malta, what a corrupt hellhole that has mentally remained in the 19th century. Or 18th. And a poor, barren rock.
You obviously have not visited in recent years, now it is part of the EU things have changed dramatically out there, even within the last few years & give me a 'barren rock' with warm weather over a freezing Scandinavian climate any day

Old 10-03-2013, 02:44 PM

20,633 posts, read 23,893,420 times
Think i'd rather live in hell than live in a small foreign European island with no winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather