Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,398,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
Really? Well i'm not a typical teenager in the sense that I wouldn't really enjoy going out and getting drunk. I am really close to my parents. Do you seriously think I would goto america on my own at 17 the whole from NI for 7 weeks? Catch yourself on!
I hope never ever to get drunk no need for that. Talking about holidays my Aussie holiday for next year is not happening.
Maybe we'll go to Bordeaux AGAIN!

Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,585,192 times
Quote:
That's extremely stupid and dangerous.
what is?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:34 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,907,850 times

Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,451,120 times
Quit my last job; my last day was Friday, August 23rd. That job was killing me. I quit because they could not offer me the part-time schedule I asked for because I'm going to be doing grad school part-time. They were going to offer me something like no less than 30 hours a week and no less than 1 weekend day working a week, plus holidays, take it or leave it. So I left it. Best decision ever. Just got a new job offer today, August 29. Didn't expect to get another job this quickly. I was told in the interview this job may require me to work, like, one Saturday a month. I was thinking, after working nearly every Saturday for the last 9 months at a job I hated, that's music to my ears, lol.

20,633 posts, read 23,907,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I hope never ever to get drunk no need for that. Talking about holidays my Aussie holiday for next year is not happening.
Maybe we'll go to Bordeaux AGAIN!
I've tried alcohol and it was disgusting. I have no interest in it at all, maybe a wee bit. But why bother when you've got coke and stuff to drink and it's even better tasting.

Aussie will have to happen by myself because my parents have said they are never going to Australia. My dad whines about america.

nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
ok... no clue what your problem is.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:57 AM

4,439 posts, read 5,526,724 times
Quote:
Really? Well i'm not a typical teenager in the sense that I wouldn't really enjoy going out and getting drunk. I am really close to my parents. Do you seriously think I would goto america on my own at 17 the whole way from NI for 7 weeks? Catch yourself on!
I don't know if it's a cultural thing between NI and the US, but my parents were pushing me out of the nest when I was quite young - when I was 8 years old, I flew on a commercial airliner all by myself to go to my grandparent's farm for a few weeks in the summer. Sure was a proud moment getting off that "mighty airplane" where my grandmother picked me up (she never flew once in her whole life, interestingly enough). I only got scared once, when they throttled back the engines (it was an old-fashoned turbo-prop) for the descent...lol.

So by the time I got to high school, I was already well used to being away from my parents for long stretches of time, so when it came time to do my four month adventure Down Under, it was no sweat for me, although I'm sure my mom worried about me a bit...hehe. Sure was a great way to learn independance, for sure.

As for the drinking, I wasn't a big drinker at that age - sure, I went to the pubs when people asked me along, but I was perfectly content having a beer or two. The pubs were (are) a huge part of the culture down there, and I was glad to not miss out on that.

Another note - of all the places that I've been to here in the States, the place that reminds me the most of New Zealand is the Keweenaw, in Upper Michigan. The small towns, the pubs, the attitude of the people, and the endless miles of trackless wilderness and the super-clean air - it sure brought back a lot of memories of my sorjourn in kiwi land for sure.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStarDelight View Post
Another note - of all the places that I've been to here in the States, the place that reminds me the most of New Zealand is the Keweenaw, in Upper Michigan. The small towns, the pubs, the attitude of the people, and the endless miles of trackless wilderness and the super-clean air - it sure brought back a lot of memories of my sorjourn in kiwi land for sure.
hmm. More so than northern New England or upstate NY? Haven't been to New Zealand, but I'd think the Pacific Northwest might also feel similar in large tracts of wilderness and closer climate-wise.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:16 AM

688 posts, read 842,643 times
For the record.... drinking is AWESOME!

Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,398,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Overcast View Post
For the record.... drinking is AWESOME!
Yeah but don'follow the beer and get DRUNK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather