Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2018, 01:10 PM

749 posts, read 419,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Yup. I don't think we'll experience this type of air mass in November for a long time. I probably wont be on CityData by then.... Then again... maybe I will.

Been a while. Nice to see you again. Sorry to hear about the Fall! Hope you recover nicely. Wishing you and your spouse good thoughts.

====================

3:30-7:30am loop. Here comes the rain.

And note the temps ahead of it. 20s in NJ to rain within 12hrs. Teens in New England, rain tonight.
Icy in areas over Virginia this morning.
Thanks Cambium! It is nice to know I'm missed and I appreciate your kind thoughts ..The fall was worth it -(another poor soul slipped, fell, hit his head and was knocked unconscious the day after me) . When I stopped by the Bakery to pick-up my check, I found the parking lot nicly plowed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2018, 01:33 PM

30,443 posts, read 21,289,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullochResident View Post
I blame positive tilted troughing for that. It's the reason places like Brownsville, Texas got to see freezing temps before most areas of Georgia did.
It is a stuck high to our east. With a rapid warming planet that high will never move for long. It is just flat out warm year round here the last 7 years. You get 1 or two cooler days and that is it. It is a insane 83 here today with insane high dewpoints. You sweat doing anything.

Old 11-24-2018, 02:00 PM

29,542 posts, read 19,636,351 times
Things getting more interesting

https://twitter.com/MikeHamernik/sta...49389671743488

Old 11-24-2018, 02:20 PM

749 posts, read 419,212 times
Currently here at Aurora, ME, 38F Degrees, Wind Chill, 28F Degrees, Winds WSW 5mph..

Sunset closes out the day, behind the Blueberry Barren to the SW of us...The creek between the Meadows and the Forest is frozen...Nary a Beaver left nor any returned to manage the dams up and down stream. Will probably be at least another year, before they return..I miss them and the ecosystem they created and maintained.

The snow was whipped-about by the wind into drifts and covered most of the seed I spread out for the birds under the birdfeeder, has calmed and now rest about 4" deep.

Noted tracks made in the snow this morning...Someone was either having fun or seriously sniffing for a meal...Later discovered a BIG, FAT, Squirrel, digging under the birdfeeder (managed to train it to stay off the pole that remains greased with minderal oil)! This seems odd. I've not seen a squirrel out in the snow looking for food and there was only one Squirrel (we must have at least four and there is just one out in the cold snow looking for food)! It stayed long enough to have a meal (and dug up some seeds for the ground-feeding birds), then off it went...

The gloaming has arrived and is quickly fading into shadows of gray...and just a few little birds remain at the bird feeder...Juncos and Sparrows...

Ugh! Looks like we have a Winter Weather Advisory

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM ...
Severe Weather Alerts - Aurora, ME
Winter Weather Advisory
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from Sunday, 7:00 AM EST until Sunday, 5:00 PM EST. Source: U.S. National Weather Service
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM TO 5 PM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Mixed precipitation expected. Total wet snow
accumulations of up to one inch and ice accumulations ranging
from a trace up to one tenth of an inch expected.

* WHERE...Central Piscataquis, Central Penobscot, Southern
Penobscot, Interior Hancock, Central Washington, Southern
Piscataquis and Northern Washington Counties.

* WHEN...From 7 AM to 5 PM EST Sunday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The ice will result in difficult travel
conditions. Expect reduced visibilities at times.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Expect slippery
roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while driving.
The latest road conditions for Maine can be obtained by going to
newengland511.org.

Will be interesting to see how this transpires...Not looking forward to Monday's commute!

Good night Friends...

Old 11-24-2018, 02:26 PM

83,532 posts, read 75,373,979 times
Blizzard warning in Kansas. Been a long time.

https://twitter.com/NickBenderKMBC/s...20789153619970

Old 11-24-2018, 02:32 PM

5,984 posts, read 3,460,870 times
Went up to Vermont for thanksgiving day.

Did a hike up Mount Ascutney.

Got to experience -18C on 2 consecutive days in November! Was great

Old 11-24-2018, 02:57 PM

Watch the storm guys. Follow it.

Blizzard for Nebraska and Kansas then where does the storm go? Chicago blizzard? Keep following it. Watch it transfer energy to the new coastal storm. Blizzard for Maine Tuesday?

Old 11-24-2018, 03:15 PM

1,292 posts, read 1,043,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
Watch the storm guys. Follow it.

Blizzard for Nebraska and Kansas then where does the storm go? Chicago blizzard? Keep following it. Watch it transfer energy to the new coastal storm. Blizzard for Maine Tuesday?
This has the potential to be Kansas City's largest snow event in five years.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritra View Post
This has the potential to be Kansas City's largest snow event in five years.
Interesting! Perfect placement of the storm center. 100 miles west and it would be rain/mix. Nice to see so many areas get involved in the snows and cold. Not even December.

Old 11-24-2018, 04:14 PM

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/snowfall_v2/

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather