Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 04:42 PM

2,850 posts, read 1,983,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat15 View Post
71°F currently with a 28°F dew point. Freeze warning for tomorrow night.
It's really impressive that you have a freeze warning so early. I'm pretty sure I never saw a spring one for North Carolina before April.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 04:45 PM

83,657 posts, read 75,879,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srfoskey View Post
It's really impressive that you have a freeze warning so early. I'm pretty sure I never saw a spring one for North Carolina before April.
I think they go by growing season rather than a specific date they start them up. Since growing season started in KY they have to issue it. Otherwise I don't think getting freezing in March is anything big there.

Old 03-09-2017, 04:59 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,245,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I think they go by growing season rather than a specific date they start them up. Since growing season started in KY they have to issue it. Otherwise I don't think getting freezing in March is anything big there.
My point exactly, I was out walking around this afternoon and noticed that the Jane Magnolias' Flowers are just starting to break their buds and push through; also, unnoticed that the forsythia bushes and quince bushes are blooming as of today, which is at least a month earlier than normal......meaning that those varieties of bush don't usually start blooming here until early or mid April, I am kind of surprised that freeze warnings haven't been issued for the Indianapolis area yet, but I am guessing that things here aren't far enough along in terms of growth yet, either way, I am so not looking forward to the aftermath of this cold spell of weather

Old 03-09-2017, 05:08 PM

12,278 posts, read 9,492,452 times
Quote:
That's the point. In a normal year, a freeze at this time would be inconsequential.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:23 PM

29,590 posts, read 19,748,049 times
Quite a difference within 40 miles today distance. I was over 50 degrees while MDW barely passed 40 #lakeinfluence

Cold air barreling in from north of the border. By Monday it's going to feel like a brutal January day in the Dakotas and Wyoming

Old 03-09-2017, 05:32 PM

2,123 posts, read 1,759,663 times
This sums up the PNW spring/winter so far
Never-ending gloom? Seattle has had just 3 sunny, mild days since the start of October | KOMO

Old 03-09-2017, 05:39 PM

83,657 posts, read 75,879,355 times
Forecast for Groton, CT. Southern CT. (Inside the Banana Belt)

1. It's 52° right now with Dewpoint of 18°.
2. Winter Storm Warning.
3. 4-9" of snow tonight and tomorrow
4. Struggling past freezing next 6 days
5. Blustery and will feel like near 0°F with fresh snow on ground Friday night and Saturday
6. Snowstorm again Monday night and Tuesday
7. It's Mid March

Old 03-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isleofpalms85 View Post
My point exactly, I was out walking around this afternoon and noticed that the Jane Magnolias' Flowers are just starting to break their buds and push through; also, unnoticed that the forsythia bushes and quince bushes are blooming as of today, which is at least a month earlier than normal......meaning that those varieties of bush don't usually start blooming here until early or mid April, I am kind of surprised that freeze warnings haven't been issued for the Indianapolis area yet, but I am guessing that things here aren't far enough along in terms of growth yet, either way, I am so not looking forward to the aftermath of this cold spell of weather
I really don't know why freeze warnings have yet to be issued for the Indianapolis area.........my guess is that things here are either not far enough along in growth and development, or maybe the naturalists and the forecasters simply don't care anymore.......but with low temperatures forecast to be in the upper teens.... I can only imagine that there would be severe damage and destruction to what little vegetation has emerged

Old 03-09-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Forecast for Groton, CT. Southern CT. (Inside the Banana Belt)

1. It's 52° right now with Dewpoint of 18°.
2. Winter Storm Warning.
3. 4-9" of snow tonight and tomorrow
4. Struggling past freezing next 6 days
5. Blustery and will feel like near 0°F with fresh snow on ground Friday night and Saturday
6. Snowstorm again Monday night and Tuesday
7. It's Mid March

Wow.......are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?! Lows in the middle to lower teens in normally comparatively mild southern Connecticut, that is a good 5 Degrees or so colder than what the NWS is calling for in the Indianapolis areaat least the the snowpack there should provide at least some insulation from the incoming cold weather there, stay warm Cambium

Old 03-09-2017, 05:54 PM

5,706 posts, read 3,791,798 times
The GFS is now forecasting 40's here Wednesday with highs in the mid-60's. Not bad at all for Mid-March.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather