Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,227,309 times

Advertisements

Down to 55 F. Currently 50 F at home in the boondocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2012, 01:45 PM

The NWS really changed the short-term forecast here. Yesterday a high of 57 F with rain was forecasted and now it's 41 F with a mix of rain, sleet, and snow. Winter Weather Advisory in effect.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:53 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
So far this month has been 1°F below average — for March

Old 02-23-2012, 02:49 PM

107 posts, read 201,932 times
I know alot of people will probably think I am crazy but I do miss not having the really cold winter days like we've had in the past. This winter has been so strange, I was looking forward to having those really cold, crisp winter days and nights when we were sweating like crazy over the summer and what happens-you can literally count how many days it was really cold that it felt like winter. I do not like the summer (can't stand the heat and humidity) so by the time July gets here I am counting the days for Autumn to arrive. I only liked the summer one time and that was when I spent a summer in San Diego, Ca. Absolutely the most perfect weather, first time I had not sweat in a summer. It was great! They have such beautiful weather out there, nice during the day and then cool nights. Beautiful, gorgeous. If I could I would live out there but it's a little too expensive for my budget, so I'll just have to keep on dreaming. I do not look forward to the warm weather at all. First, like I said before the heat and humidity and second the BUGS!! Not in the house but as soon as you step outside, there they are flies and bees and wasps. Ugh, I really cringe at the thought of all of that coming up again. I just hope the summer goes by as quickly as the winter did.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:22 PM

5,576 posts, read 8,002,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robcin View Post
I know alot of people will probably think I am crazy but I do miss not having the really cold winter days like we've had in the past. This winter has been so strange, I was looking forward to having those really cold, crisp winter days and nights when we were sweating like crazy over the summer and what happens-you can literally count how many days it was really cold that it felt like winter. I do not like the summer (can't stand the heat and humidity) so by the time July gets here I am counting the days for Autumn to arrive. I only liked the summer one time and that was when I spent a summer in San Diego, Ca. Absolutely the most perfect weather, first time I had not sweat in a summer. It was great! They have such beautiful weather out there, nice during the day and then cool nights. Beautiful, gorgeous. If I could I would live out there but it's a little too expensive for my budget, so I'll just have to keep on dreaming. I do not look forward to the warm weather at all. First, like I said before the heat and humidity and second the BUGS!! Not in the house but as soon as you step outside, there they are flies and bees and wasps. Ugh, I really cringe at the thought of all of that coming up again. I just hope the summer goes by as quickly as the winter did.
Excepting the part about San Diego, I agree with you 100 percent . I think you're far from crazy, although the heat-and-sun-glorifying and winter-bashing media and culture of the West may brand you as such. I love the crisp, cold winter days and especially nights myself, along with a huge dose of snow and wind, and I detest summer weather. It is terrible that anything resembling a real Winter has been absent from your locale, and I shall continue rooting for one to appear anytime, anywhere.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 PM

559 posts, read 748,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
The NWS really changed the short-term forecast here. Yesterday a high of 57 F with rain was forecasted and now it's 41 F with a mix of rain, sleet, and snow. Winter Weather Advisory in effect.
Wow. I live pretty close to you and here it's currently 45 F and partly cloudy and tonight's forecast just says rain and 37 F.

Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,506,965 times
first snowstorm of the season (?)

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 7 PM
EST FRIDAY...

* LOCATIONS...EASTERN FRANKLIN COUNTY...HAMPSHIRE COUNTY...WESTERN
HAMPDEN COUNTY...NORTHERN WORCESTER COUNTY IN MASSACHUSETTS.

* HAZARD TYPES...SNOW. SNOW MAY MIX WITH SLEET AT TIMES.

* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 5 INCHES OF SNOW.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL START IN THE CONNECTICUT VALLEY BETWEEN 2 AM
AND 4 AM...AND END BETWEEN NOON AND 4 PM.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:23 PM

559 posts, read 748,537 times
Well, that's strange. A few hours, the forecast for tomorrow said that the high was going to be 54 F, and now it says only 47 F. What the...

Old 02-23-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWNJ View Post
Well, that's strange. A few hours, the forecast for tomorrow said that the high was going to be 54 F, and now it says only 47 F. What the...
Yes quite a change here too. They were saying 57 F yesterday, 51 F earlier today, now down to 41 F.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,208,386 times
They make it sound so exciting! First true snowstorm of the season here too.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DETROIT/PONTIAC MI
1012 PM EST THU FEB 23 2012

...WINTER STORM WILL IMPACT SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN TONIGHT THROUGH
FRIDAY...

.A STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL TRACK FROM CENTRAL
MISSOURI THROUGH THE OHIO VALLEY TONIGHT AND TO NORTHEAST OHIO BY
FRIDAY MORNING. THIS STORM WILL PRODUCE ACCUMULATING SNOW FOR ALL
OF SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN. BY FRIDAY AFTERNOON TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION
WILL BE 5 TO 8 INCHES NORTH OF M 14...EXCEPT FOR THE TRI CITIES
REGION. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS FOR THE TRI CITIES AND MONROE AND
LENAWEE COUNTIES WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 6 INCHES.

SNOW WILL ADVANCE FROM THE SOUTHWEST ACROSS LOWER MICHIGAN DURING
THE LATE EVENING AND EARLY OVERNIGHT...STARTING AS A LIGHT A MIX OF
SNOW...SLEET AND RAIN NEAR THE OHIO BORDER. THE SNOW WILL BECOME
HEAVY LATER IN THE NIGHT THROUGH MID FRIDAY MORNING WHEN A FEW
RUMBLES OF THUNDER WILL ALSO BE POSSIBLE. THE SNOW WILL SLOWLY
DIMINISH THROUGH THE DAY ON FRIDAY AND NORTHERLY WINDS INCREASE TO
30 MPH GUSTS...POSSIBLY RESULTING IN SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather