Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:32 PM

112 posts, read 177,403 times

Advertisements

Hummm... a"real psychic", guess I'll have to relook the term up. I have some "psychic" abilities; does this theory mean I don't exist nor my ancestors in my fathers family, here and in Scotland, never existed or were never "psychic' if they did exist? Last check I did exist, LMAO, unless someone is playing a really mean joke on me. I don't do readings and even if I did, it would be FOC and only to a restricted client base. I have no issue with those who have the "gift" and do/don't chargr ffor services. I have a real issue with those that don't, advertise they do, and get away with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 09:33 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Receiving money for the service does not mess with the process. It's the ego/attitude of the psychic that messes with the process. Once they focus in the money, are no longer humble and do what they do for the primary reason of helping others....then it messes with things.
However, one can make a lot of money and remain humble and helpful.
That really does make sense. It is probably extraordinarily rare that a person making about ten times what another does can really feel humble when dealing with the poorer one. Money separates people. The good (or dumb?) majority of people, when coming upon a fortune soon lose it. The ones who hold on to their money are smart but are often looked upon as not very nice by others. So this mental separation from the masses by a psychic could contribute to the loss of their gift.

I guess the best thing to do would be to maintain a simple lifestyle (could you do that if you reach a degree of fame?) and put money in an independently managed trust, not to be touched until retirement.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:16 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,629 times
Psychics aren't real, so it would be terrible to see anyone walk away from a reading depressed.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:10 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Psychics aren't real, so it would be terrible to see anyone walk away from a reading depressed.
Gosh, I answered this comment in 'Cheating Psychic Caught'.

I think you are entitled to your opinion, but this forum is for believers, not trollers. If I went onto the Christian thread and said the Jesus Christ of the bible never existed, I would be thrown out, so please find something to contribute to move the conversation along or just leave.

Somebody on some thread must want you . . .

Old 09-08-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
Gosh, I answered this comment in 'Cheating Psychic Caught'.

I think you are entitled to your opinion, but this forum is for believers, not trollers. If I went onto the Christian thread and said the Jesus Christ of the bible never existed, I would be thrown out, so please find something to contribute to move the conversation along or just leave.

Somebody on some thread must want you . . .
There's a lot of things I believe in, but psychics aren't one of them. You said it, I'm entitled to my own opinion, and I firmly believe psychics prey upon the weak at heart, and it's wrong.

I participate in the paranormal forum because there are things I believe in, just not psychics.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
There's a lot of things I believe in, but psychics aren't one of them. You said it, I'm entitled to my own opinion, and I firmly believe psychics prey upon the weak at heart, and it's wrong.
That's a mighty big lump there. Not all who claim to be psychic are predators.
I have some psychic ability (which everyone does, just different degrees of), and I do not bait and hook anyone. I have not made oodles of money from my ability either.
The most recent use of my ability was not focused on an emotional issue, it was simply a lost item.
I was able to describe the room and the location of the lost item.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
I have some psychic ability (which everyone does, just different degrees of), and I do not bait and hook anyone. I have not made oodles of money from my ability either.
The most recent use of my ability was not focused on an emotional issue, it was simply a lost item.
But can you describe the location of a loved one's body, possibly dumped in a homicide?

That's what I don't understand. There's all these self-proclaimed psychics, yet, not a single psychic can tell us anyone about Jimmy Hoffa, Natalee Holloway, or the assassination of JFK.

Am I just not understanding the phenomena of psychics?

Old 09-08-2013, 04:57 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Quote:
Oh Owlka -- where's my pear diamond band? It was stolen, but I keep thinking he dropped it for some reason.

Quote:
But can you describe the location of a loved one's body, possibly dumped in a homicide?

That's what I don't understand. There's all these self-proclaimed psychics, yet, not a single psychic can tell us anyone about Jimmy Hoffa, Natalee Holloway, or the assassination of JFK.

Am I just not understanding the phenomena of psychics?
I've heard that spirit doesn't speak to us. They show us symbols, and we have to interpret them. And even if they could words mean different things to people.

Last week, one of my cats, Bunny, was feeling badly. We took him in, he had a fever and he was given antibiotics and she took blood. When the vet called back she asked if Bunny was lethargic. I said No -- he's lying around a lot and sleeping lots, but that's not lethargic.

Well -- yes, yes it is.

Turns out, my definition of lethargic was limp and lifeless -- sort of near coma, and hers was ... well -- what Bunny was doing. (Poor baby is off for more tests Monday.)

I also think there are things we are not supposed to know, and that knowing won't help.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:08 PM

Just like the origins of man or the workings of the cosmos, psychic ability is not something that is totally understood as goes the mechanics of it. But one thing that is known is that every psychic is not ALL knowing, as each have different types of abilities. Some have visions, some hear voices and so on. Then there is the problem of deciphering the impressions given. That is subject to human error.

I have never been asked to locate a dead body, so I do not know how well I would do. My track record for material objects is pretty good though. My mother who lives over 200 miles away will often ask me where something is. And, many years ago on another 'alternative' forum, someone asked the community about a missing girl in their area. I saw an apartment complex and it's parking area. Behind the parking area was a hillside and trees, evergreens (this was in Oregon). I saw a little 4 door white car with the trunk open.
Come to find out, the woman had gone missing from the apartment complex where she was living with her sister who owned a little white car. All that was found of the girl was her flip-flops beside the car.
Also, I was with a man who was murdered and when my friend asked me what I 'felt' happened to him (she was being specific in regards to 'intuition' vs 'logic') I told her, "I don't know if they beat him or shot him". Turned out that they beat him first and when he would not die, then they shot him. I had not a clue to where his body was buried, but my boy's dad 'knew' where these killers hid the truck. The police were not doing anything so we went and found the truck...My ex is psychic to the level of spooky and he does not even know what he is saying when he says it.

Now it can be- a part that we do not understand, that some spirits of people are shielded and thus cannot be connected to. Perhaps Hoffa enjoys the mystery, or perhaps he is protecting the living. With JFK, I bet there are people who do know but are in fear for their lives to speak about it. I doubt anyone would argue that the JFK event has some things that just do not add up. Makes for a scary situation.

A really good book about the science of psychic ability was written by MIT grad Peter Sanders, You Are Psychic! | Book by Pete A. Sanders Jr. - Simon & Schuster

Old 09-08-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Oh Owlka -- where's my pear diamond band? It was stolen, but I keep thinking he dropped it for some reason.
You are probably right. Gotta trust those 'instincts'. Perhaps too much time has passed, but what I am seeing is a neighborhood street that is wider that average residential streets, lined with tall trees, perhaps sycamores? or some other large broad leaf tree. The street is well shaded and everyone has a nice lawn. It is along one of these strips of grass between the sidewalk and street where the trees grow, that is where it was dropped. Um...the sun is setting at about ....well, if I was standing in the middle of the street, facing the sun, it's direction is between 1 and 2 o'clock, so that puts the street running in roughly a WSW direction. The house that is across the street, not directly from this particular tree but diagonally (to the SW) is a two story, white house with brownish trim....and it is hard to tell (see) with the trees and shade, but it may be that the house has a black wrought iron fence (more decorative that for security).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal