Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM

621 posts, read 659,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
Everyone's entitled to their view on this, but I disagree. So you're saying Barbra Streisand shouldn't charge people to listen to her voice? It's a gift, after all....
It messes with the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 07:05 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,574,158 times
I guess some people are not open to hearing negative things so their response is to call it a depressing reading. I notice when a person creates a negative thread here on CD on the other forums and most of the posters are very negative and hateful. It seems to attract negative people or energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think that someone who designates themselves as a "psychic" or "seer and intuitive psychic", screams "scam I am." This is so ridiculous.

No, I would never waste my time.
I think you just did. But we love you nonetheless. Stay focused.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:46 AM

1,755 posts, read 3,003,020 times
I had one and that hit me because it was about a man I love. She said we were together for healing purposes from past pain and once that cleared up we'd go our seperate ways, that he wasn't my good match but my friends. I don't know if I told this story here before but seeing this made me remember the reading.

Basically, the moment I forgave him for his past mistakes in my heart and released it, we did break up because both sides of our circle didn't seem to want us together and it added up. So she was right. And I accepted it and decided to move on because I figured that it wasn't "written in the cards" for us. The only thing was that our love kept growing for each other. We had to make some grown up decisions because we realized (and sadly this took us longer than I expected) we're not kids anymore and not everyone is going to agree with our life choices. That was hard but necessary. And with each passing day I feel we're learning that certain things we were conditioned to believe about love and relationships aren't going to work for us and we've had to create our own path for ourselves as we go along which is a lot harder than following a prescribed formula. So it's a constant learning experience which makes me really excited! We have some really amazing experiences at this point. Prayer, in my opinion, helps keep us together and binded.

But basically, sometimes depressing readings can turn out to have a good, even great ending. A psychic is still a human being, even though they have a gift. They might see bits of your life, but they're still on the outside looking in. You're creating your life with each passing day. Not many readings have turned out to be really true for me. I was suppose to have been a psychic reader by now...I'm good at reading people and I pick up on energy fairly well but I'm not a psychic. I chose healthcare and other pragmatic approaches to my life.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,429,673 times
I have a friend who gives money to a psychic, almost every week, and some how interprets her entire life thru the reading. Even when it is wrong, she somehow re frames it, to fit her life.

I have seen psychics, twice in my life, both times, they were right dead on. Both were gifts, not something I sought.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:07 AM

112 posts, read 177,701 times
Being "psychic" myself, or told I have the abilities to be one, never got interested in it. Teaching psych. courses, each semester, I lecture several times on what I define as "various aspects of the paranormal, with discussion and each student can pick one hat interests them nd prepare a 75-100 page paper on the topic they chose.No, it isn't high school, btw, more like college, under grad, general psych 101,102. As for "mediums",don't believe in them and have been to see about 200 just to see what they could tell me about me and my situation(s). "Psychics", well they are out there but finding one, might as well as looking for the "Flying Dutchman". Some personality types need, almost to the point of obcession, what these folks can give them , good or bad, which they totally believe. A "psychic" can screw up a "Passive-Dependent Personality Type", for example, and nothing good wil come out of it. Either the "mind masters" don't care, are delusional and believe they have a "gift', or are simply in it to take money off "weak" people who trust them. "Psychics, and their kind are a menance and to some people are as or can be as harmful to the wrong person as any "deadly weapon".

Old 09-06-2013, 01:48 PM

1,843 posts, read 3,064,762 times
Ever Have A Depressing Psychic Reading?

Yes, I was depressed by how wrong she was.

Old 09-06-2013, 08:53 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,427,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I had one and that hit me because it was about a man I love. She said we were together for healing purposes from past pain and once that cleared up we'd go our seperate ways, that he wasn't my good match but my friends. I don't know if I told this story here before but seeing this made me remember the reading.

Basically, the moment I forgave him for his past mistakes in my heart and released it, we did break up because both sides of our circle didn't seem to want us together and it added up. So she was right. And I accepted it and decided to move on because I figured that it wasn't "written in the cards" for us. The only thing was that our love kept growing for each other. We had to make some grown up decisions because we realized (and sadly this took us longer than I expected) we're not kids anymore and not everyone is going to agree with our life choices. That was hard but necessary. And with each passing day I feel we're learning that certain things we were conditioned to believe about love and relationships aren't going to work for us and we've had to create our own path for ourselves as we go along which is a lot harder than following a prescribed formula. So it's a constant learning experience which makes me really excited! We have some really amazing experiences at this point. Prayer, in my opinion, helps keep us together and binded.
I love psychic readings, but a reading should not absolve a person of making their own decisions. In your case, the psychic only saw to a certain point in time, but not beyond it.

I had a psychic advise me to get a certain friend out of part of my life. She was definitely seeing some bad habits of this friend accurately. However, in my opinion, her advice to ditch them was just her human reaction. I chose not to take that advice because I'm looking at the whole of the relationship, whereas she was zoned in on one negative aspect. Interestingly, this friend matured in the very area she saw they were lacking in since that reading.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 PM

2,296 posts, read 3,960,504 times
A couple years ago I walked by a mini-van whose driver was parking the vehicle. The driver was an elderly lady. I couldn't help but notice that she was staring at me. Anyway this lady had her daughter get out of the vehicle and stop me. The daughter told me that her mom said I was bursting in psychic energy and that her mom wanted to read me. Of course I said heck no. I was given a business card, which I later tossed. I don't regard it as a traumatic experience, but I wonder whether I did the right thing. I kind of wish it never happened but I must admit I'm intrigued.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:59 AM

5 posts, read 12,154 times
It was depressing because I did not want to believe it. I couldn't fathom why she said the person I was with was wrong for me. He seemed really great at the time. But, she ended up being correct about him, and other things as well.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:13 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,691,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pie_row View Post
It messes with the process.
Receiving money for the service does not mess with the process. It's the ego/attitude of the psychic that messes with the process. Once they focus in the money, are no longer humble and do what they do for the primary reason of helping others....then it messes with things.
However, one can make a lot of money and remain humble and helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal