Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:59 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,659,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I think it is fair to presume that we all have unpleasant events in our future as well as pleasant ones. The "whole truth" would have to include both, otherwise you are, quite frankly, asking the psychic to lie to you. In which case, it would just be a feel-good parlor game.

Why bother to go to a psychic then, just wear rose-coloured glasses all the time and keep your fingers crossed. It strikes me as being rather similar to blaming a doctor because she tells you that you have cancer....should she edit that of what she tells you!?
Ummm....no.

There are ways to deliver information that are more tactful, and, I hadn't asked about this. It wasn't a "tell me everything in my future" thing. There was really no need for her to say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,447,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I do not charge anyone for any reading they are given but I consider my gift is a gift to be shared with others. This is my choice and right for me, what others do is their choice and right for them.
Yes, that is your choice, but I was answering LuckyGem who said that real psychics don't charge.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:25 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,213,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I wish you the best that you deserve in your lifetime.
Ah, this is your equivalent to my "Have a Nice Day." in a post.

Old 10-01-2012, 05:39 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,213,959 times
I had a reading that was scary and impressively true once. She was very dark in nature and seemed to enjoy delivering bad news.

I'm still standing.

Rough times aren't the end of the world. They are how we learn.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:29 AM

79,213 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Ever gone to a restaurant and gotten a crappy meal? Ever have a friend go to a doctor and get a 2nd opinion and find out the first doctor missed something?

If there is something about your life you want changed, or a direction you need to be moving in, then you need an action plan and to make the best attempt possible. Nobody is right 100% of the time. Nobody.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:44 PM..

Old 10-01-2012, 10:35 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,699,010 times
Don't worry about what she said. You are in control of your mindset. A friend mine is a psychic and I asked her if I would ever get married, she said I would marry. As asked her why she thought I would marry, she said because she knew I wanted to get married. In other words, if you are determined to do something, you will. I've been married for 11 years.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:45 PM..

Old 10-02-2012, 05:43 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,038,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Not true in my experience. I have paid psychics who were great.

I don't know where this idea comes from that only psychics don't deserve money for their services.

Considering we are asking for their time, I think they deserve compensation. If no one got paid, there would be very few psychics reading because they'd be too busy holding down other full-time jobs.
I knew a psychic who did not charge. He told me that there is a knowledge that profiting from the gift will diminish the gift over time. He was psychic until the day he died, but had mentioned that he knew of psychics who charged and eventually had to lie and guess because the gift was no longer there. He said he knew of the other sort, who were seemingly unaffected by taking money, but to him the money was not worth the gamble.

I don't know where the idea comes from. I don't think they don't deserve money. I just think, as mentioned on this thread, that there is talent there which is often mixed with inaccuracy. I dislike paying for 'guesses'.

I think a psychic can use things like tarot or scrying or palms or astrological charts as contact points for enhancing their abilities.

Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM

33,074 posts, read 36,743,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Ummm....no.

There are ways to deliver information that are more tactful, and, I hadn't asked about this. It wasn't a "tell me everything in my future" thing. There was really no need for her to say it.
Tact is a learned trait. Don't shoot the messenger.

Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM

4,268 posts, read 11,470,044 times
I believe everyone has some degree of psychic ability. Some people choose to develop theirs to a higher degree while others do not even realize what they have. I would love to go see someone with great psychic ability but have been afraid to. I would not want to receive any type of negative information/predictions. That's just me.

Old 10-06-2012, 08:56 PM

370 posts, read 657,034 times
wow you people are gullible. no such things as psychics, astrology, mediums LOL...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal