Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times

Advertisements

I know this woman whose son was murdered. He was found in a room, shot. The blood spatter showed that his body had been moved. The weapon, a rifle or shotgun, was found resting next to the body on a sofa in a position that was impossible if it were a suicide. Yet the police said it was a suicide.

It turns out that the kid was involved with a girl who took drugs. He wanted to take her out of that life and was going to go to the police with evidence and being able to name names. Later on, it was discovered that there was a police cover up/collusion with the drug gangs.

The family has had investigators leave the case for fear of threats.

So, they found a radio show which was supposed to have some psychic on. The sister of the guy who died called in and got on. The caller did not explain anything except that this person had died, giving his name and age and relationship. The psychic started out with drivel saying there was sibling rivalry. After that the psychic just embellished what the caller told her.

The psychic had college degrees and claimed to have been a management consultant. She looked like a budding starlet.

The idiot probably could not get a job from her education and turned to fleecing the public for a living.

While I do think psychics can be genuine, I have little use for most of them because there are so many like this woman. It's a shame that the good ones cannot be licensed in some way to keep the phonies out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Doesn't sound very mature. Would you go to a doctor and tell him, "Now don't tell me if I have cancer."?

It's like the characte Evalina in the movie The Wiz. She sang a song with the refrain, "...but don't bring me no bad news."

Do some volunteer work with the terminally ill, it will do more for your spirits than semi-annual doses of mysto-poop.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:47 PM..

Old 02-04-2013, 06:22 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,094 times
This is why cold readers are dangerous. Many say yes but it can be uplifting. Well it can also be depressing. And since its not real if the cold reader is depressed or just not in a good mood then the supposed message from the other side can be depressing. I would not worry one bit about it. I have had two readings at a tea room in NOLA just for yucks. They did not get any feed back from me asking questions in a way to see if they got a hit. Hey your the one with the third eye you tell me swami. Don't let some con-artist ruin your day or week. Life is too short to let someone who can not hold a job that does not entail stealing from others tell you what the future is going to be.

If they could tell the future don't you think they would have bought Amazon at 6?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:23 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
This is why cold readers are dangerous. Many say yes but it can be uplifting. Well it can also be depressing. And since its not real if the cold reader is depressed or just not in a good mood then the supposed message from the other side can be depressing. I would not worry one bit about it. I have had two readings at a tea room in NOLA just for yucks. They did not get any feed back from me asking questions in a way to see if they got a hit. Hey your the one with the third eye you tell me swami. Don't let some con-artist ruin your day or week. Life is too short to let someone who can not hold a job that does not entail stealing from others tell you what the future is going to be.

If they could tell the future don't you think they would have bought Amazon at 6?
I knew someone who was psychic. He never charged for readings and did say that for him (perhaps not for everyone) if he benefited monetarily from his gift it would diminish. He also said that there were some popular psychics who were excellent when they first started but became good guessers later in life because they charged. He was a guy who liked nice things and not a monk. He really believed that.

Of course, there are many who just start out guessing.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:31 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Default Scam I am

I think that someone who designates themselves as a "psychic" or "seer and intuitive psychic", screams "scam I am." This is so ridiculous.

No, I would never waste my time.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I think that someone who designates themselves as a "psychic" or "seer and intuitive psychic", screams "scam I am." This is so ridiculous.

No, I would never waste my time.
While you say this and choose not to waste your time, I 'wasted' my time (did not part with any money) and spoke with a psychic, over the phone, who has a psychic connection with animals.
My dog was a witness to a murder (her owners) and I had my own psychic impressions of what may have happened and wanted some more pieces to the puzzle. At the time, the victim was still just a missing person.
The things she told me could not be varified at the time, but 5 years later when the case went to court, everything she had told me was verified.

There is no twist of anything that could make this a scam....or even ridiculous.
It's true that many psychics are wishful dreamers making money off of people. But the common practice of research will save one from a 'faulty product'.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:18 PM

31,002 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Be wary. Impressionable people can be made miserable by some psychic's prediction.
No sheet.

Hudini spend the later part of his life proving every Psychic and Fortune teller he interviewed a fake. Now a person who calls themself a "Psychic" who is skilled with human interaction and predictative behavior along the lines of a Life Coach would be believable.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
While you say this and choose not to waste your time, I 'wasted' my time (did not part with any money) and spoke with a psychic, over the phone, who has a psychic connection with animals.
My dog was a witness to a murder (her owners) and I had my own psychic impressions of what may have happened and wanted some more pieces to the puzzle. At the time, the victim was still just a missing person.
The things she told me could not be varified at the time, but 5 years later when the case went to court, everything she had told me was verified.

There is no twist of anything that could make this a scam....or even ridiculous.
It's true that many psychics are wishful dreamers making money off of people. But the common practice of research will save one from a 'faulty product'.
OK, as long as you feel comfortable with whatever you believe, and don't try to invalidate my view because it's different, more power to you. Continue to consult psychics if that is a safe place for you to be.

I choose not to waste my time, and don't believe that psychics are credible. If ANY psychic were real, many of the worlds problems and great mysteries would be resolved. Maybe one of these psychics you believe in can tell us if OJ killed his wife and Ron Goldman. I'd like to know why no psychic warned us about 9/11 before it happened. I don't think there was one psychic who predicted that this country would elect a black man as President in 2008.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
A question for the OP:

It's approaching six months since you had your reading. Have any of the predicted bad things happened?

Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,668,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
OK, as long as you feel comfortable with whatever you believe, and don't try to invalidate my view because it's different, more power to you. Continue to consult psychics if that is a safe place for you to be.

I choose not to waste my time, and don't believe that psychics are credible. If ANY psychic were real, many of the worlds problems and great mysteries would be resolved. Maybe one of these psychics you believe in can tell us if OJ killed his wife and Ron Goldman. I'd like to know why no psychic warned us about 9/11 before it happened. I don't think there was one psychic who predicted that this country would elect a black man as President in 2008.
You are entitled to your view and I'm not trying to change your mind. However, you entered into the conversation and I only responded to your comments with an experience I had that was not ridiculous.
I have only ever spoken to this one psychic. And it had nothing to do with a safe place. I was simply looking for verification and some filling the gaps of what my own idea and impressions were about the murder.
I'm not a 'when will I meet my soulmate' seeker...that borders on ridiculous IMO.
So I can't really ask her about the questions you preset, she gets her information through animals and is not predictive.
Not all psychics can see into the future, many work with past events and several are used by law enforcement.
So there are good things that psychics are doing for the world. But even the best psychics have their limitations.
People have this idea the psychics can know everything, and that is not the case at all. Some people can write a piece of music with ease, but can't play guitar. Some people can play drums and can't read music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal