Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 07:09 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,615,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pie_row View Post
I was a skeptic. Then I started playing with energy. Now I don't believe, I know.

There is a whole other world out there that a lot of people are blind to. Seeing it will en-richen your life.
True, what has it to do with psychic predictions, curious to how you think the two relate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 07:11 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,615,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Can't you guys start another thread to debate whether or not psychic powers are real?

Sooooo, new thread?
Perhaps overlooked the recently asked question pertaining to your original post.

Have any of the predictions in your reading actually happened?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 02-10-2013 at 10:55 PM..

Old 02-10-2013, 07:25 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,008,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
True, what has it to do with psychic predictions, curious to how you think the two relate?
I am thinking that skeptics are allowed on the Unexplained forum a lot more than on the Christian or other religious forums, so we should be ready to see these scuffles, back and forth, all the time. It's sad.

Old 02-10-2013, 08:59 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,629,191 times
Quote:
Perhaps overlooked the recently asked question pertaining to your original post.

Have any of the predictions in your reading actually happened?
I didn't, I just didn't want to contribute to the thread anymore. What was fulfilled I'm not sure if was self-fulfilling due to the reading.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:00 AM

7,104 posts, read 11,629,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I am thinking that skeptics are allowed on the Unexplained forum a lot more than on the Christian or other religious forums, so we should be ready to see these scuffles, back and forth, all the time. It's sad.
Agree, and it's maddening. I just wish it could be in a general thread rather than this one, which I regret starting in the first place and wish would just be deleted.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:46 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,694,009 times
Quote:
.....I'm on the fence when it comes to claims from card reading psychic predictions.
I have a response to that, but it takes us off topic, sort of
One example I have to offer is part of my recently told story.
As a card reader, I of course pulled cards.

I will start a new discussion for it in case this one gets deleted.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:21 AM

621 posts, read 660,025 times
Quote:
I've had a number maybe 10 times in my life when I knew Just plain knew what would happen. People have different energy talents. Mine lies in being able to read out peoples energy connections with other people. Ten to 25% of what I read is describe as scary accurate. I can tell if you like someone that you just met. I can tell where a problem lies. With people that are deeply connected I have read the other person's stuff. 50% is filling in the blanks.

I have driven to where I got a ticket trying not to get the ticket. So premonitions about driving problems WALK!!!!!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,419,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Don't pay for psychic readings.

Period.

A real psychic with "the gift" doesn't charge.
Everyone's entitled to their view on this, but I disagree. So you're saying Barbra Streisand shouldn't charge people to listen to her voice? It's a gift, after all....

Old 02-18-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helloimage View Post
wow you people are gullible. no such things as psychics, astrology, mediums LOL...
I'm sorry to hear you have no magic in your life.

And yes, I'm 33 years old and believe magic is real.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:51 PM

I have never had a depressing psychic reading, but I've had shabby ones. I don't know if they just weren't gifted or they weren't a match to me personally. I think it could be the latter.

BAD ONES (off the top of my head)

- I met the lady on MySpace a few years back and she had five young children. She gave me a quick phone reading. She said I'd be going into real estate or something. I don't have the slightest interest in that. Needless to say, nothing came of it. Plus, there were so many kids running around and making noise in the background, I don't know how she could've been centered enough to read anyone properly. But it was free, so I wasn't out any more. No other psychic since has ever brought up the real estate thing either. But I do believe she has real abilities. I paid for an e-mail reading from her prior to that, and she was pretty accurate about it. It was a one-question reading. It wasn't completely what I wanted to hear, but I still enjoyed it, because she was spot-on about what I asked. And some of it was a pleasant surprise. So I guess overall, this one was half good/half bad.

- Another one: Also met on MySpace. I don't even remember all she said, I have no examples. I guess it was that bad. I just remember none of it came to pass. Nothing stood out. This was a case where I just felt like this woman wasn't a vibrational match to me. She probably gave other people wonderful readings. Other people did seem to love her and would give her very nice comments and things. And I'm empathic/sensitive anyway. I honestly sensed a bit of a smugness about her. And just a general disconnect/lack of interest in reading me. Months later, she "Simpsonized" herself. Do you know what I mean? That little program where you can make yourself into one of the Simpsons? LOL Well she did, and the image was of herself, arms crossed, nonchalant expression & smile, with her cat....looking smug. I wasn't surprised.

- Recently received a discounted e-mail reading from a lady from New Jersey. She does an internet radio show sometimes, sporadically. But what bothers me about her is that she doesn't seem to walk much of her talk, like other psychics I admire. (Example: Claims to be a Law of Attraction expert, but is often sick and broke.) Sometimes (I believe in a financial pinch) she'll charge $6-$10 per question or something like that. I recently asked two questions. One she answered really well, the other she barely touched on at all. And then when I asked for an elaboration, she didn't get back to me. (I sort of sensed that she thought I was being ungrateful or overstepping my bounds. LOL) I wasn't trying to ask a whole new question for free, I was asking for an elaboration on one I already asked. And I also emphasized that if she wasn't picking up on anything, just to tell me that. I could've accepted that. She sort of likes to babble in her answers, and with that question, she went off in another direction. Gave good psychic insight, which was later confirmed... but didn't answer the question I asked. I don't know if it was because she just wasn't picking up a lot or because she sort of forgot and went off in another direction. And she never got back to me, so I'll never know.
And another time, she was offering one free question. So I asked about a guy I was interested in. She answered me with a joke. I asked again. She fudged around and said, "Anything else you want to know?" I said, "ANSWER MY QUESTION." (Okay not those exact words.) She said she saw us "Going our separate ways."
Did she think I'd go into a crying fit over it? That was annoying....

I did get a nice phone reading from her once, again, during one of her free offer periods. Again, she can babble. Overall, I've been satisfied by her insight, and thankful. She's quite talented, but sadly, lacks a bit of integrity in her readings. I can't say I am motivated to ever pay full-price for a reading from her. And she charges a lot at regular price.

My rule for a good psychic reading is that no matter what news you receive, favored or unfavored, you should ALWAYS walk away from that reading feeling empowered and hopeful. If a psychic is going to deliver news you don't want to hear, you should also be given guidance from spirit on how to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal