Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 AM

4 posts, read 19,337 times

Advertisements

i was wondering wheres the best place to get an accurate reading i heard liveperson.com has pretty accurate readers and u get 3 minutes free but what are your guys thoughts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 05:57 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,029,402 times
Anyone that charges for a reading is in it for the money and will only tell you what you want to hear. Psychics, who are working for God, do not charge. And telling the future is never what it seems. No person can tell the future unless they are completely At-One with God and then it's only a short distance future as in just a few days.

If you want horoscopes, the best place I've found is freewillastrology.com. It's also an interesting site to read. Overall, I wouldn't trust the general everyday street mediums and certainly not over the phone. Talk to an enlightened person who can tell you more truths. They are very hard to find but they are out there.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:12 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,935,970 times
A carnival.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:57 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,692,230 times
Gotta go with Rev on this one, at least the part about "if they take money they'll just tell you what you want to hear".

Old 10-30-2009, 09:34 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,636,202 times
This is just a business for them and at best I would just consider it to be entertainment that shouldn't be taken seriously. Someone who has a certain amount of skill at seeing someone in person and identifying various personality traits, physical appearance, age, etc. can often make some pretty good guesses (although they're usually rather vague) about what that person might be going through in their life and make some statements that are supposedly psychic based on their impressions of the individual. They're also often skilled at getting information out of the client so that it leads them in a certain direction and makes the reading seem even more impressive.
For example a young person who looks like a college student would likely be considering career goals and the psychic would likely pick up on that and respond accordingly. It's not really psychic, it's just being able to get a good impression of someone, fishing for more information, and telling them what they want to hear. Then of course they're going to charge them for it.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM

Some so-called "psychics" are actually very good at cold-reading, and make a lot of money from it. Look at Sylvia Browne for example, and how many people she has fooled into thinking she's in touch with the "other side".

Old 10-30-2009, 10:03 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,987,060 times
Do not listen to the nay sayers, instead, do what ever floats your boat...I paid a total of $600 for a personal trainer, and I have yet to get a six pack, I suppose trainers are a waste of time?

Anyway, I say go to ChinaTown and find an old guy to read you the "four pillars of Destiny". They se your date of birth, time of day, ect and do some I-ching type stuff with it. I look at it this way: one billion Chinese people over the coarse of three thousand years can't be wrong.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:31 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,636,202 times
victorianpunk wrote:
Quote:
Do not listen to the nay sayers, instead, do what ever floats your boat...I paid a total of $600 for a personal trainer, and I have yet to get a six pack, I suppose trainers are a waste of time?
I only paid about six bucks for a six pack and I have it in the refrigerator.
I would agree with your comments that there is a long history of people who are sincere in their belief that they can tell you something about yourself that you don't know and possibly give you good advice or predict your future. The only problem with that is that it's impossible to do such a thing. Millions of people also believe in astrology which is also not based on reality. Just because a belief is widespread and has a long history doesn't make it true. Also in today's society psychic readings are just a business. Usually it's a little shop where they try to create a spooky kind of atmosphere kind of like Halloween which happens to be today. My advice is don't waste your money.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:24 PM

63,901 posts, read 40,178,831 times
If there is a charge of any kind . . . it is bogus. That reveals a left-brain focus and concern which corrupts the right brain sensitivities that are necessary for any possible readings. Bottom line . . . if it is a commercial enterprise of any kind . . . it is BS.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
No, lack of a six-pack (both kinds) is your fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal