Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2022, 12:18 PM

29,050 posts, read 30,513,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
if they renewed kingstown which had dumper ratings, this will get a greenlight. plus, they still have to market 'ranch water'
Loved Kingstown.....the first episode for me, was hard to get into, but went back to start again and was so glad I did, however, it will be hard to imagine where they go from there....

1883 was again entertaining last night....so enjoy his shows....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2022, 08:49 PM

37,441 posts, read 60,271,792 times
I thought it was interesting that Sam (do we know his last name?) told Dutton he was one of Quannah Parker’s Comanches—-Goodnight was a particular friend of Quannah Parker, rented grazing land from him on reservation (along with other big ranchers) which gave the tribe cash money to offset what the Indian Bureau promised and never sent… Quanna himself lived in a nice two-story house that Anglos helped build for him

Old 02-14-2022, 09:01 PM

Anyone think that the Comanche women working to dress Elsa/Lightening with the Yellow Hair probably thought a lot like her mother—that she was acting out and getting away with a lot because of her youth and attractiveness….
And consider that at one point in time Comanche women chewed their leather work to get it so soft and supple
One reason their teeth were often nubs by the time they were 30
And compare how new the quill vest Elsa wore compared to the good for sale at Doan’s Store
Because both items were supposed to be contemporaries of each other they should have all looked basically the same level of new…they certainly didn’t…at least to me…

Old 02-14-2022, 09:12 PM

29,050 posts, read 30,513,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I thought it was interesting that Sam (do we know his last name?) told Dutton he was one of Quannah Parker’s Comanches—-Goodnight was a particular friend of Quannah Parker, rented grazing land from him on reservation (along with other big ranchers) which gave the tribe cash money to offset what the Indian Bureau promised and never sent… Quanna himself lived in a nice two-story house that Anglos helped build for him
I want to know more about Sam's background, just curious, but would like to know who he was before he took the name Sam....and how he came to be where he is...

and yes, it's all so interesting...I remember that conversation....or parts of it...

I find it terribly interesting that these people were prepared to walk all the way to Oregon. Lord???? And the dangers they still have yet to face...cannot imagine, makes me so thankful to have what I've had all my life.

Old 02-16-2022, 03:03 PM

2,449 posts, read 985,931 times
Elisa's storyline has become ridiculous.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:20 PM

4,494 posts, read 5,029,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
you mean Elsa?
I thought of that line Her daddy told her mama about her loving hard.
" Hell at the rate she's going she'll fall in love in Nebraska next!"

I loved that scene!

Old 02-17-2022, 12:16 AM

7,423 posts, read 12,821,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Anyone think that the Comanche women working to dress Elsa/Lightening with the Yellow Hair probably thought a lot like her mother—that she was acting out and getting away with a lot because of her youth and attractiveness….
And consider that at one point in time Comanche women chewed their leather work to get it so soft and supple
One reason their teeth were often nubs by the time they were 30
And compare how new the quill vest Elsa wore compared to the good for sale at Doan’s Store
Because both items were supposed to be contemporaries of each other they should have all looked basically the same level of new…they certainly didn’t…at least to me…

I just hope it doesn't turn out that those two helpful Comanche women are Sam's wife #1 and wife #2!

Old 02-17-2022, 05:58 AM

199 posts, read 99,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post

Yeah, we lost interest in the show. We will finish it, but the last two episodes remain unwatched. Meh, tired of her "southern" drawl narration thingy. It's too much.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I want to know more about Sam's background, just curious, but would like to know who he was before he took the name Sam....and how he came to be where he is...

and yes, it's all so interesting...I remember that conversation....or parts of it...

I find it terribly interesting that these people were prepared to walk all the way to Oregon. Lord???? And the dangers they still have yet to face...cannot imagine, makes me so thankful to have what I've had all my life.
Just in context—most of the Europeans were too poor to afford carriages—
They had wagons to use in farm work but in all likelihood those wagons might have been communal—vs privately owned—-they could have farmed on a collective…and walking was likely their main mode of transportation—for example few were experienced riders…in fact many of them didn’t know how to hitch a team up to a wagon at the start of the trip…but because they are forced to walk, the daily mileage is low…and makes it less likely they will cross the mountains before winter hits…

Old 02-17-2022, 02:58 PM

Variety says 1883 gets more episodes
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/188...el-1235182761/

And the Stallone crime drama now set for Tulsa OK—that will be different
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV