Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 09:44 AM

7,424 posts, read 12,849,632 times

Advertisements

Haha, yes, totally normal. If she had had a daddy fixation, she wouldn't have had two great relationships with young men.

A nice scene in the final episode: Sam talking how she had "outlived" him, packing more life into her years than he had ever lived. Can't remember if somebody already mentioned that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 01:16 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,413,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Haha, yes, totally normal. If she had had a daddy fixation, she wouldn't have had two great relationships with young men.
If by "great relationships" you mean that she slept with two guys that she barely knew, then yes. I guess.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:02 PM

7,424 posts, read 12,849,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
If by "great relationships" you mean that she slept with two guys that she barely knew, then yes. I guess.
Emotionally great...And considering that was all the life and love she was ever going to have, can we begrudge her? But remember what her mother said, that on the trail the rules of civilization are suspended! (Which I doubt, knowing the kind of letters the Oregon Trail immigrants used to write to folks back home...They were still living with the notion of propriety.)

Old 03-04-2022, 03:30 PM

5,847 posts, read 3,374,111 times
Quote:
Actually, I think she probably knew Ennis fairly well. How many months were they on the trail you think, before they hooked up? (I'm asking...I don't know. I'm assuming it'd been a few months at least?)

Plus, she considered herself married to both of them. Obviously not at the same time. lol

And apparently, everyone else considered her married to each of them.

Old 03-04-2022, 10:23 PM

199 posts, read 101,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Emotionally great...And considering that was all the life and love she was ever going to have, can we begrudge her? But remember what her mother said, that on the trail the rules of civilization are suspended! (Which I doubt, knowing the kind of letters the Oregon Trail immigrants used to write to folks back home...They were still living with the notion of propriety.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Actually, I think she probably knew Ennis fairly well. How many months were they on the trail you think, before they hooked up? (I'm asking...I don't know. I'm assuming it'd been a few months at least?)

Plus, she considered herself married to both of them. Obviously not at the same time. lol

Well said by both of you....

Old 03-05-2022, 10:14 PM

29,091 posts, read 30,576,539 times
Quote:
Ummm...no. I said Elsa. The character. Not the actress.
But anyway, I have to walk that back. Part of my theory was that because James fought in the civil war, there was a period of time that he was missing from Elsa's life. BUT I WAS WRONG ON THAT. The civil war was over before Elsa was born.

But she was clearly closer to her dad, and had a often cantankerous relationship with her mother...but that said, lots of teen girls do.

Soooo...just disregard my original statement. lol
I read an article a long time ago, which explained, dad's are closer to their female child, and mom's are closer to their male child....it's the law of attraction, and I don't mean anything other then platonic....however, in a lot of cases, that's true...

Old 03-06-2022, 01:55 PM

8,761 posts, read 9,535,460 times
Default Dutton Family Tree

The Dutton Family lineage.

https://outsider.com/entertainment/t...3-yellowstone/

From the link:
"In a recent interview with Outsider, James Dutton actor Tim McGraw revealed that his character is John Dutton’s great-grandfather. How this works out is illustrated in our family tree above. James’ son, John (I), is grandfather to Kevin Costner’s character. This means John (I, played by 5-year-old Audie Rick in 1883) becomes the father to the John Sr. (II) that we meet in Yellowstone, played by Dabney Coleman.

Yellowstone‘s John Sr. is 90 years old around the year 2000. This lineage would mark Costner’s John as John Dutton III, and not simply a Jr. to his father’s Sr. as Yellowstone established prior to 1883‘s creation.

Fleshing Out the Dutton Family Tree
In addition, the flashback that begins Yellowstone Season 4, Episode 8 shows that James and Margaret do indeed have another son after John. This younger Dutton is Spencer Dutton (noted through Yellowstone casting but is not made clear in-episode). He was the younger brother to John (I) and was born sometime after the events of 1883.

We also meet Margaret Dutton’s younger sister, Claire, and her daughter, Mary Abel, through the first two episodes of 1883 (upper right corner of Dutton Family Tree). These two meet tragic ends at the start of the Dutton’s Westward Expansion, however. Their family line ends by the riverside in Texas.

As the family tree shows, the “newest” generation of Dutton rests solely on the shoulders of Yellowstone‘s Tate Dutton. He’s the only grandchild of John Dutton. With Lee deceased and Beth unable to have children, the Dutton bloodline continues only through Kayce and Monica. And as of Yellowstone Season 4, Episode 8, we also learn that Monica is pregnant. Soon enough, Tate will have himself a little sibling, and we’ll be meeting the latest Dutton family member most likely in Season 5.

The Tragedy of Jamie Dutton
yellowstone-jamie-dutton-connection-to-tim-mcgraw-1883-character-you-missed
Wes Bentley as Jamie Dutton, Tim McGraw as James Dutton. Photos courtesy of Paramount Press (Yellowstone) and ViacomCBS Press Center (1883)
Outside of this, the most peculiar piece of the Dutton Family Tree rests with Jamie. Interestingly, he seems to be named after his adoptive father’s great-grandfather, James (Tim McGraw). What’s more, Jamie now has his own biological son in his life, a little boy we don’t know the name of.

With Jamie ostracized from his adoptive family, will his and Christina’s son bear the Dutton family name? Or will he become a Randall through his own bloodline? Only time will tell.

Either way, we’re excited to continue to build this family tree once the second Yellowstone prequel, 1932, expands on a third period in Dutton history. Here’s to hoping it matches the exceptional quality of 1883 – one of the best series to ever grace the small screen."

Last edited by TRosa; 03-06-2022 at 02:06 PM..

Old 03-07-2022, 06:57 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,413,403 times
Quote:

Actually, they could have worked "together" herding the cattle for six months and barely known each other. That's the reality of a cattle drive in 1883. If you choose to live in an alternate reality where Taylor Sheridan gets to make the rules that's your folly.

Old 03-07-2022, 08:17 AM

5,847 posts, read 3,374,111 times
Quote:
Actually, they could have worked "together" herding the cattle for six months and barely known each other. That's the reality of a cattle drive in 1883. If you choose to live in an alternate reality where Taylor Sheridan gets to make the rules that's your folly.
Well, considering we're talking about a fictional show...I'll risk that folly. What I saw on TV was Ennis, Elsa, and the other cowhand being a threesome much of the time.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:39 PM

37,897 posts, read 46,590,310 times
Quote:
LOL!! Obviously it is a TV show. That means it IS an alternate reality and Taylor Sheridan makes the rules. You don't want that, don't watch the show. Kinda simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV