Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2023, 08:50 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Sheridan has quite a few things in the hopper (including 1932).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LltEmW0R1_U
Sheridan has to be the best writer that has hit the TV world, there isn't anything he's written that I don't like...
I can't wait to see where 1923 goes....love the interjection of Africa, keeps it exciting...

Come Hell or High Water
Wind River
Sicario
Without Remorse
Plus all the TV Shows

His mind is brilliant...just brilliant....
It seems as if he just spirts them out one right after another?

SMH

When watching his shows, I want for more, b/c he simply takes me away into a world of excitement and intrigue....

I loved Isabel May...his casting for the shows are also brilliant...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
We saw a scene from 1883 on Yellowstone in which, James made a “Live and let live” pact with the Indians. This scene was not in 1883, so I assume there will be some crossovers here and there.
yes, also wondered about that....love the way his mind goes back and forth within hundreds of scenes, like the scene with the bus load of Asians in his field...and the dialogs between them, and riding the buffalo, and of course, who could forget the motor cycle scene? I mean, he possesses an amazing mind

Old 02-04-2023, 12:00 PM

7,378 posts, read 12,666,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
So is 1923 pretty much season 2 of 1883?

That is not how Sheridan sees it. He was pressured to create an S2 of 1883 because of the enormously positive response, and the latest I've heard was that it would only be a couple of episodes. I don't even think anybody knows if they are going to happen at this point. Sheridan certainly has his hands full.

I'd have liked to see how the Yellowstone flashback to the 1880s ("Live-and-let-live" scene) with the promise to the old chief that he could be buried in an undisclosed spot on the ranch fits into the 1883 narrative--as well as upcoming Yellowstone episodes. And the other flashback where James comes home to their small Yellowstone log cabin, wounded. Are they just going to hang in the air, or are they going to be included in the greater story? Were they just tantalizing bits of history dropped into the contemporary story for us to ponder?

Old 02-05-2023, 07:31 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
That is not how Sheridan sees it. He was pressured to create an S2 of 1883 because of the enormously positive response, and the latest I've heard was that it would only be a couple of episodes. I don't even think anybody knows if they are going to happen at this point. Sheridan certainly has his hands full.

I'd have liked to see how the Yellowstone flashback to the 1880s ("Live-and-let-live" scene) with the promise to the old chief that he could be buried in an undisclosed spot on the ranch fits into the 1883 narrative--as well as upcoming Yellowstone episodes. And the other flashback where James comes home to their small Yellowstone log cabin, wounded. Are they just going to hang in the air, or are they going to be included in the greater story? Were they just tantalizing bits of history dropped into the contemporary story for us to ponder?
No—he made an S2 of 1923–the sequel to 1883…

And the Rainwater Crow girl who escaped from the Indian Catholic school is the ancestor of the Rainwater on Yellowstone…
The Knife that Harrison Ford had his foreman pass to the Crow chief when he gifted them with the sheep was one that he had from James I believe

Old 03-04-2023, 12:10 AM

My husband started watching this again—after 1923 ended
Sam Elliott was just at his best
Latest episode was one where they have so much trouble crossing the river and Elsa plays Chopin on the abandoned piano
Really like Ennis and his buddy…not much humor in “1923” even though lot of danger and death in both series

Old 03-04-2023, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH283 View Post
Yup, the majority of my life has been on the back of a horse. It does not mean I sneer at "non-reality" in westerns. Heck, for most of us ranchers and former horsemen, that is all we watch! It's a well done TV show that is NOT a reality or doc. One just has to watch it for what it is and put down the ego about what is "real" or not because one has some knowledge. The Last Cowboy is kind of a joke too, but I still enjoy the horses and the overall capture of the lifestyle.
I feel the same way, I don't watch TV for the realism, especially shows as such...but to just sit back and enjoy...and if it takes me away from my phone, as Sheridan's shows do, then its a double whammy for me.....really enjoy his writing.

Old 03-04-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
My husband started watching this again—after 1923 ended
Sam Elliott was just at his best
Latest episode was one where they have so much trouble crossing the river and Elsa plays Chopin on the abandoned piano
Really like Ennis and his buddy…not much humor in “1923” even though lot of danger and death in both series
That scene was profound!

Old 03-05-2023, 05:28 PM

QUOTE=cremebrulee;64957731]That scene was profound![/quote]

No so much profound as just sad—
But next episode where Ennis is killed and Sam Elliot talked to Elsa and convinces her not to kill herself (because that was her intention) made me cry—
Makes me cry every time I see it—and Elliot himself is crying—part of the reality he brought to that part

I think 1883 is just a really, really good series—maybe better (IMO) than 1923 because I don’t really care about Spenser and Alex that much
It might be worth buying to rewatch vs paying subscription to Paramount+

Old 03-05-2023, 07:50 PM

Quote:
loves2read cremebrulee That scene was profound!

No so much profound as just sad—
But next episode where Ennis is killed and Sam Elliot talked to Elsa and convinces her not to kill herself (because that was her intention) made me cry—
Makes me cry every time I see it—and Elliot himself is crying—part of the reality he brought to that part

I think 1883 is just a really, really good series—maybe better (IMO) than 1923 because I don’t really care about Spenser and Alex that much
It might be worth buying to rewatch vs paying subscription to Paramount+
It was a scene that I don't believe I'll ever forget...to write that in while the rest were crossing the river, and her mother, on the river bank, wow, profound, intense, riviting and yes, sad...it was an excellent scene...so well written....

Yes, when Sam Convinces her not to kill herself was also intense, he lived it, and was sharing his feelings with her...something he didn't really do with anyone else except his friend Thomas, who stopped him...remember?

for me, I really believe it's the best series

Old 03-05-2023, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It was a scene that I don't believe I'll ever forget...to write that in while the rest were crossing the river, and her mother, on the river bank, wow, profound, intense, riviting and yes, sad...it was an excellent scene...so well written....

Yes, when Sam Convinces her not to kill herself was also intense, he lived it, and was sharing his feelings with her...something he didn't really do with anyone else except his friend Thomas, who stopped him...remember?

for me, I really believe it's the best series
Yes…I wish we could have seen how Thomas and his gypsy love fared in their new life
That would make interesting series too

My husband didn’t appreciate Elsa’s behavior after Ennis was murdered…starting her relationship with Sam so soon
But I told him being in the tornado had created an appreciation for living again by bringing her so close to death that just talking couldn’t. And because she was so aware of the fragility of life/happiness she wasn’t going to miss out on any future chances

He is more conservative—still thought it was trashy behavior despite my lyrical insightful analysis…oh, well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV