Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2022, 02:27 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,025,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No I didn't, but did read somewhere that they are going to do two more episodes, before it's finished for the season.

It just keeps getting better and better.
One more after this one—10 episodes listed on the show’s page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2022, 03:26 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,644,420 times
Quote:
it was a spectacular espisode...had me on the verge of tears...so much raw emotion....I forget the man's name who shot the woman who had gone crazy....shock I suppose...who was trying to dig her a grave....

amazing show....I don't believe Elsa will die, they can't kill off a main character like that? Can they?
I think they will.

Dutton foreshadowed to Margaret that if she died, they will burry her where she died, so they can visit the grave. My guess is this is why they end up settling the Yellowstone. The Lakota are not quite in that area (current set for dutton ranch is along the bitterroot, darby MT). Not quite lakota territory but close. Its plausible that they continue on and end up in that part of the world.

Old 02-21-2022, 04:49 PM

28,979 posts, read 30,370,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
I think they will.

Dutton foreshadowed to Margaret that if she died, they will burry her where she died, so they can visit the grave. My guess is this is why they end up settling the Yellowstone. The Lakota are not quite in that area (current set for dutton ranch is along the bitterroot, darby MT). Not quite lakota territory but close. Its plausible that they continue on and end up in that part of the world.
I believe your right, I'm presently watching the Yellowstone marathon, and there is a part where they introduce 1883, into the mix and James is chasing bandits, and his wife and two boys are waiting for him back at the cabin, so, she must have had another boy, and Elsa is not there...darn, I love her....really do.

Old 02-21-2022, 05:47 PM

7,400 posts, read 12,723,826 times
Quote:
I believe your right, I'm presently watching the Yellowstone marathon, and there is a part where they introduce 1883, into the mix and James is chasing bandits, and his wife and two boys are waiting for him back at the cabin, so, she must have had another boy, and Elsa is not there...darn, I love her....really do.

You noticed that, too! Little John has a baby brother by then. But that flashback scene itself...very disturbing .. Of course Elsa could be safe, back in Texas with Comanche Sam by that time, but I fear that reality has struck. Highly unusual to put an end to the narrator of a story--but in a way we are all narrators of our own story, aren't we? It makes it extremely realistic that the narrator's voice may be silenced...

About the two extra episodes: I'm confused, too, because we hear that this series has 10 episodes, but we also hear that two more episodes have been "ordered," and that there will be a 2nd season. I think what happened was that Sheridan had only planned 10 episodes, but Paramount now realizes they have a(nother) winner on their hands, and they want at least a wrap-up of 1883--but do we get two more episodes later this year? Or another season next year? Or both?

Old 02-21-2022, 06:13 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,216,581 times
Quote:
I read a theory that the other boy is actually Elsa's son. To me, that could make sense. When she was with Ennis, there was a lot of talk about pregnancy and raising babies. And if that is the case than Elsa would have alive at least long enough to have a baby.

Old 02-21-2022, 09:19 PM

2,450 posts, read 978,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
Did you notice that the credits said, for the first time, that it was filmed in Montana (in addition to Texas)? That accounts for the fantastic mountain scenery.
Sam Elliott said that they went from blazing hot Texas to freezing cold Montana. He said that the weather was so intense he didn't think he would survive the shooting.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:07 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,041,960 times
I just saw a scene in which the women, and the immigrant men are left by the wagon train boss by a river. A group of riders come and drink water from the river, but then a woman in black throws stones, and the riders get mad, and start shooting everyone.

How realistic is this scene? How come the men were not carrying guns? The men did attack with sticks, but thats all. They were also shown as being rather soft, and unprepared for peril. But these men came Europe which itself was a violent place back then too. Heck the Euro powers were fighting wars overseas concurrently with the "Wild West". So any vets should be accustomed to long journeys

During the Civil War, the French and Allies invaded Mexico. The Brits were in India. The Taiping Rebellion was raging same time, and had mercenaries from Europe. The Franco Prussian War, Russo Turkish War, Wars against the Ottomans etc etc. Here is a list of wars in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...e#19th_century

That list does not include the wars of Europe in its overseas conquests. I find it hard to believe some Euro immigrants are that soft, and weak. They had that one immigrant shaking in his pants during the saloon scene. I am positive most men coming from Europe would at least know how to shoot.

Old 02-21-2022, 10:51 PM

17,874 posts, read 16,041,960 times
Not only that, but there is obviously plenty of open land as soon as they left Fort Worth. Why didnt some just stay right there along the river front. Can you ask for better land? Its warmer in Texas, and you next to a river.

And even with that said, there is a major river system traversing the interior of this country. Why these people not take a boat upstream? They can get to practically anywhere.

Did most people back then really not know how to ride a horse? It would seem like riding by almost like driving a car in today's terms.

Old 02-22-2022, 12:09 AM

6,591 posts, read 6,771,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Sam Elliott said that they went from blazing hot Texas to freezing cold Montana. He said that the weather was so intense he didn't think he would survive the shooting.
Sam is 77 after all

Old 02-22-2022, 12:52 AM

17,650 posts, read 22,704,071 times
Sam Elliott & his beloved wife, Katharine Ross live happily on their rancho in the Willamette Valley, Oregon...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV