Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2022, 09:56 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,062,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
tonight we see sheridan as charles goodnight, a real character and rancher from the period in texas who founded the goodnight loving trail and in 1867 and the true story of the drive was the basis for none other than lonesome dove. Oliver loving woulda been gus, and charles goodnight was capt call.

I am beginning to see how he is mixing in real bits of history while ignoring others - like once again the trains. but then again we would not have the drama.
Yes Goodnight was real
Didn’t realize it was Sheridan in the part
He went into writing because he was judged mediocre as an actor
Very unlikely for Goodnight to show up like that
Billy Bob as the FTW sheriff in that episode made much more sense
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2022, 08:06 AM

28,987 posts, read 30,394,132 times
ok, help me out here please, was Sam Elliot shot in the head during the shoot out? Or was it simply a graze?

Old 02-07-2022, 08:08 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,655,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
ok, help me out here please, was Sam Elliot shot in the head during the shoot out? Or was it simply a graze?
just grazed his head, i think. They were talking about how lucky everyone was.

Old 02-07-2022, 08:30 AM

10,924 posts, read 4,671,407 times
Quote:

would it make a difference? lolol

I think just a graze....

the wife did cringe when the bullet was squoze outta Tims bum

Old 02-07-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
would it make a difference? lolol

I think just a graze....

the wife did cringe when the bullet was squoze outta Tims bum
yes it would, I thought maybe they were going to kill off Sam Elliott.

I love the show, and I'm not a realist, and do loved the ending when Elsa said Heaven is right here along side of hell and the earth is God.

Hope to see more of Sam the Indian. Love him

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-07-2022 at 09:56 AM..

Old 02-07-2022, 09:50 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,655,364 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
just grazed his head, i think. They were talking about how lucky everyone was.
one thing that i can't get over is the angle of the shot - the bandits were shooting down at the pioneers - seems like a very lucky shot to go in his hat and nick his forehead

Old 02-07-2022, 09:55 AM

Anyone notice James Jorden playing Cookie the cook, is in everyone of Sheridan's series. He was even in Wind River, Yellowstone and Mayor of Kingstown.

Sheridan casts his actors again and again in his work.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
tonight we see sheridan as charles goodnight, a real character and rancher from the period in texas who founded the goodnight loving trail and in 1867 and the true story of the drive was the basis for none other than lonesome dove. Oliver loving woulda been gus, and charles goodnight was capt call.

I am beginning to see how he is mixing in real bits of history while ignoring others - like once again the trains. but then again we would not have the drama.
Sam the Indian, mentioned the trains last night in the show....when speaking with Sam Elliott about how to get where they're going.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:37 AM

5,738 posts, read 3,240,389 times
Quote:
Sam the Indian, mentioned the trains last night in the show....when speaking with Sam Elliott about how to get where they're going.

Yes, I noticed that too. Would definitely make sense...I don't see how they can keep going as they have been.

Old 02-07-2022, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Don’t blame Elsa
She is only a figment of Sheridan’s imagination
It is his writing and POV that is coming out

My take is that a 17 yr old young woman sounds awfully mature and philosophical by E5

This Sunday’s episode has some other examples of “unrealistic” action/behavior
But Shea does speak with someone (a surprising choice) who mentions to ability to take the train vs a wagon train….so whoever the poster was who brought up that travel was available in 1883–Sheridan did acknowledge that as option…
I'm guessing, woman back then matured way faster, as I can see that in our generation, and the ones coming up presently who are less mature thn we were, we were also more responsible and could problem solve much better, so when reflecting back, my guess would be that in those times, woman matured much quicker b/c they had to, they had harder times, had to work harder, which was passed down from our grand parents to our parents, to us, and now seeing two generations coming up, being less responsible, because they can, is a culture shock to me...

But I do believe women in Elsa's time, were much more mature and responsible....because they had to be....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV