Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2015, 11:11 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times

Advertisements

All of a sudden, Jenn discusses with Marlena the possibility of Laura's mental issues being hereditary.

Then Eve sets her sights on Jen via Laura's mental issues.

Then JJ mentions to Jenn he feels like he's going insane.

No mention of Jen & Abigail's time in Ireland since they arrived back in Salem after Bo met up with them there, or helped them escape or some storyline I don't remember. Then Abigail gets a letter from Bridget. Never heard of her. So some storyline is unfolding there.

Paige is going after someone older. She meets an older guy then dismisses him & thinks it's no big deal. Well there's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Now Paul's back in Salem, with a job and "new" dad.

Then Will admits to Sonny he also cheated in LA.

After Nicole & Eric find their way back to their feelings for each other (even though they thought they were on the brink of death), Daniel finally realizes he loves Nicole after pushing away her advances & not truly trusting her for months.

Yep, it's a soap opera alright!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2015, 11:31 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
another soap land irregularity....nobody keeps paper records from decades ago in an office. In fact it takes several days to issue a request for electronic records which have to be retrieved off site-even electronically. And Marlena couldn't have been a very successful shrink if her patient files are kept in two drawers. Gotta love soaps.

Old 07-02-2015, 02:41 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
And the way Jennifer keeps barging in on Marlena. No knocking, just pushing her way into the room. Doesn't she ever stop to think Marlena could be with a patient? Who just goes barging into an examining or interviewing room? Doesn't Marlena have a receptionist to screen visitors like all doctors do? If I were a patient of Marlena's I would be awfully upset over that.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:03 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
And what doctor would allow a patient to remain alone in the office with medical records? So much for HIPPA.

As for the paper records being there, TV loves fictional cliches. People snoop through paper records, grocery shoppers carry paper bags (with the obligatory unwrapped baguette sticking out lol) instead of the plastic ones, and even modern nuns wear habits.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:19 PM

I am wondering how Eve is going to get the file back into the file cabinet once she it through with it. Now that Jennifer is thinking about Laura, will she ask Marlena a question about her causing Marlena to try to find it and discover it's missing?

Old 07-02-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
And what doctor would allow a patient to remain alone in the office with medical records? So much for HIPPA.

As for the paper records being there, TV loves fictional cliches. People snoop through paper records, grocery shoppers carry paper bags (with the obligatory unwrapped baguette sticking out lol) instead of the plastic ones, and even modern nuns wear habits.
And don't forget the carrots with about two feet of green foliage sticking out.

I have to laugh at myself when I criticize all these ridiculous scenarios on soaps...no Notary to witness wills and contract, paper files instead of electronic, all the other things which bug me.

Reminds me of my DH who is an engineer when we see James Bond movies. He sits there muttering under his breath "BS". Of course it's BS. It's James Bond!

Old 07-02-2015, 09:57 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Oh, and to jump on the bandwagon...what about the various places in Salem where Salemites can't get a cell phone signal, but that location mysteriously provides a signal when it fits the storyline.

Old 07-03-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
And don't forget the carrots with about two feet of green foliage sticking out.

I have to laugh at myself when I criticize all these ridiculous scenarios on soaps...no Notary to witness wills and contract, paper files instead of electronic, all the other things which bug me.

Reminds me of my DH who is an engineer when we see James Bond movies. He sits there muttering under his breath "BS". Of course it's BS. It's James Bond!
A lot of this is because the Hollywood writers do not live in the real world and I think they are just too darn lazy to do research like the distance between the real Salem IL and Chicago or the legal aspects, etc. They think the viewers won't notice but we do.

I wonder if these contribute to some of the reasons why soaps seem to be losing their popularity. People are just not willing to do the "suspension of disbelief" thing as they were in another time. It's all well and good for "Days" to bring in modern concerns like gay marriage and references to current events as they do. It's interesting they use the latest electronic devices although sometimes in peculiar ways. However, the inaccuracies of small things are sometimes so annoying to watch one has to wonder just what they think of the mentality of the viewers.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:19 PM

So how about the trick Paige played on Eve with that older guy? Paige keeps telling Eve to get out of her life but it appears she is the one who keeps pulling Eve back in by it doing stuff like this and confronting her every time she sees her. Same with JJ. Every time Paige sees JJ she tells him off. Why doesn't she leave them alone?

And good grief! Why was Eve looking at Laura Horton's medical file out in public at TDB where anyone could have seen her while she had it open? What if Marlena had walked in and had recognized it as one of her files? Sheesh!

Old 07-08-2015, 05:10 AM

I really don't think anyone would turn 180 degrees in personality like Paige has. Sure I'd be ticked and disown my mother but to set her up like this was a bit much.

I agree about looking at the records in public. How stupid and that scene didn't serve any purpose. As I remember nobody interacted with her. She could have just as easily been at home.

So JJ will go undercover, eventually get hurt, Paige will come running back and by then the main story will be on Eve's vendetta against Jen and trying to "have her kids taken away". HOW STUPID IS THAT....JJ IS AT LEAST 19 AND WHATSHERFACE IS WELL GROWN. THIS IS RIDICULOUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV