Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 04:27 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I always think that too. If I wore what some of those women wear to work I would have gotten sent home. Abigail always dresses nicely and so does Theresa usually. But Eve, Serena and lately Nicole look as if they were sewn into their dresses. I am uncomfortable just watching them.

Paige looks cute. She dresses her age. But Jennifer looks like an old lady at times with scraggly hair and dresses from the 50's.

I always record "Days" and watch it later on so I can FF through the commercials. Otherwise it would drive me crazy with all those interruptions.

Looks like Adien is a bad guy after all.
I really loved the dress that Teresa had on when she pulled the "broken leg" ruse. Perfect color, neckline, length and shape. And of course, I'm waiting to see her get her comeuppance one of these days.
Who works in a hospital dressed like Serena does? And the actresses playing Nicole and especially Eve were in their prime back when the body-con look was big the first time around. At this point in their lives, although it goes with their characters, they look desperate and trying way too hard. Especially on Eve.
Abigail should be wearing the trampy skintight dresses, not only is she young enough, but she loves throwing herself at the Dimera men, so it goes with her trampiness. One of these days, she oughtta make a move on Stefano and have Chad and Ben both catch her in the act. That'd be hilarious. And EJ's spirit could haunt the room too. I miss EJ so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
If you detest Clyde that means he is a good actor unless you don't like the actor. The character is a bit over the top though. It's hard to believe he can go around killing or threatening to kill everyone who gets in his way, who does he think he is, Stefano?

And I wonder why Victor is so intimidate by Clyde. Why doesn't he just off him and be done with it. Victor's no saint. If Clyde threatens Victor's family, I would think Victor would do the same to Clyde.

I love Zander, he makes a good bad guy. But he's also nice to look at.
Clyde had Sonny attacked badly, so for his safety, Victor backed down. If memory serves, he sat down with Stefano to try to get his help to go after Clyde. I don't remember whether any of that was persued by Stefano after all.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:35 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
here's my question: Back in the mid 1970s, we used to watch this soap when hooking school. Now when I'm at the gym and it's on TV, I cannot help but wonder, "how do Marlena and Maggie Horton essentially look the same as they did over 40 years ago?" Seriously, I understand the concept of cosmetic surgery and make-up, camera distance but they have hardly aged? How is that possible?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:31 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
BOTOX.....LOOK AT MARLENA ....her expression never changes. In the scene where Kristen was coming after her to murder her, Marlena is like "Oh look. My life is in danger. Gee, better step aside" and Kristen falls through the window into the sea below.
Lord I would hate to trade facial expression and feelings for the blank look of unrealistic clinging to youth.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:32 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
BOTOX.....LOOK AT MARLENA ....her expression never changes. In the scene where Kristen was coming after her to murder her, Marlena is like "Oh look. My life is in danger. Gee, better step aside" and Kristen falls through the window into the sea below.
Lord I would hate to trade facial expression and feelings for the blank look of unrealistic clinging to youth.
Either that or they have portraits of themselves in their attics.

No, I think you are right. A lot of cosmetic surgery goes on. Lighting, camera angles and filters and makeup does help. Still I think if you compare film of the women from years before and then today side-by-side you can see subtle differences.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Clyde had Sonny attacked badly, so for his safety, Victor backed down. If memory serves, he sat down with Stefano to try to get his help to go after Clyde. I don't remember whether any of that was persued by Stefano after all.
I remember that Clyde went after Sonny but I would have thought that Victor would have brought out his own army against Clyde. He has the power. He could have threatened to go after Ben in retaliation should anything happen to Sonny. Stalemate.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:13 PM

Default Who Dunnit?

Was it really Chad? Or do you think someone else offed Serena?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:12 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,071,612 times
CLYDE "DONE" IT--to make it look like Chad did it to get rid of him once and for all but it will backfire and now princess prissy pants will champion Chad...

Old 08-27-2015, 05:36 PM

I thought Clyde too but I couldn't think why. That makes sense. Betcha you're right.

Old 08-28-2015, 01:23 AM

I'll try to ignore these spoilers, but just wanted to comment on Chad's state of mind when he woke up: WOW. The young fella's gonna learn his alcohol limits if he hadn't already. Great job in portraying the most monster of a hangover. Ugghh. Followed by a little 'hair of the dog' - "Breakfast of champions" after a half-eaten plate of bacon and eggs. He just had to turn on that TV and hear the very sobering news!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV