Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 PM

5,331 posts, read 8,538,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
I mean, if I lived on the West Coast, why would I look at this thread until the show aired?
I never read any threads about competitive shows until I know who got voted off. Too much risk in terms of reading a spoiler!
For the first time EVER I actually voted for someone on AI - last night I put in about 15 calls for Holly ... I guess it worked!
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Is LMFAO supposed to be good???????
Depends if its funny or not. Sorry had to go there. Reminds of thread Someone was curious about One Direction tickets and at first glance I thought it was a ticket on a One Way Street.

I had to FF LMFAO performance it was about as bad as Niki Manaj.

I love Kris Allen new song, it has a good up beat message. I wonder why he chose to have a piano with a high back.
I thought it was so us as listeners pay attention to lyrics.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-19-2012 at 10:38 PM..

Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Halelulia Halelulah halalooya (too lazy to spell check) my faith has been restored in the Idol machine
Did anyone notice the warning during the opening credits there would be another shocker tonight. I thought Elise might be safe. Even so, when Ryan declared her safe, I yelled "yes" so loud my cat almost hit the ceiling. Her lines were busy several times when I voted last night.
America got it right tonight. I'm so glad arrogant Colton is gone. I like Kris Allen's new song. One thing I've always liked about Kris is that he is a religious person, but he never used it to get votes. I think Colton did.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Did anyone notice the warning during the opening credits there would be another shocker tonight. I thought Elise might be safe. Even so, when Ryan declared her safe, I yelled "yes" so loud my cat almost hit the ceiling. Her lines were busy several times when I voted last night.
America got it right tonight. I'm so glad arrogant Colton is gone. I like Kris Allen's new song. One thing I've always liked about Kris is that he is a religious person, but he never used it to get votes. I think Colton did.
I have yet to get a busy signal all season. I voted for Elise most of two hours last night except for when I ate my bed time snack.
My partner is blaming me and giving me cold shoulder which he is just much to blame he voting for Phillip.

I posted this on Colton FB wall but it got buried quickly by his boo hoo fans
Quote:
You ask for it with cocky remark saying you didnt care what the judges think. That like being rude to your boss and you did music was not consistent last night to your previous performances. You should have learn from previous Idols this show does not want someone with an attitude.
Im such a stinker I gotta figure how to remove Likes of his page as I really dont care what the future has for him.

Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I agree that there were a lot of lackluster performances. Skyler and Hollie blew me away. They really nailed it. I thought Jessica looked much improved with her hair and clothes a little more up to date. Colton could be going home tomorrow night based on his performances tonight. I thought both of his songs were 'meh'.
A ha! I finally got one prediction right. - after 11 seasons!! I can see why this happened. (I'm on the West Coast so it's safe to talk now )

Colton just wasn't up to his game this week, and he seemed a little tired to me. I wonder if he and some of the others feel like it's a foregone conclusion they won't win after the Jessica incident. When there was at least the appearance of a contest that anyone could win, then yeah, i'd be all into it as a contestant. But those shenanigans last week kind of took the steam out of it. I didn't even watch the results show tonight. I waited and just came here to find out what happened.

From watching the exit video on americanidol.com you can almost see that he's relieved. He told his mom that now he gets to come home. As much as being the big winner would be cool, they don't seem to need that anymore. Past top 10's have gotten some great benefits from being in the top 10, even without winning. AI may have shot itself in the foot by watering down the brand.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:42 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,416,751 times
Congrats on the prediction, Cowgirl!

I dont think Colton felt as though Jessica's win is a foregone conclusion. In fact, I believe Colton felt he was gaining on her every week and that's why his cockiness was so obviously growing every week.

And, while it's true that the contestants dont actually need to win in order to have a successful career, winning is still the goal. I'm sure Colton was in shock last night -- the realization of what he's lost probably wont hit him for a few more days.

I just wonder if he'll ever understand that his attitude had become such a turn-off that it might well have cost him the title this season.

In contrast, P2 had lost a little steam over the past couple of weeks but seemed to be back in the zone this week -- with an attitude that voters can enjoy and appreciate.

Quote:
A ha! I finally got one prediction right. - after 11 seasons!! I can see why this happened. (I'm on the West Coast so it's safe to talk now )

Colton just wasn't up to his game this week, and he seemed a little tired to me. I wonder if he and some of the others feel like it's a foregone conclusion they won't win after the Jessica incident. When there was at least the appearance of a contest that anyone could win, then yeah, i'd be all into it as a contestant. But those shenanigans last week kind of took the steam out of it. I didn't even watch the results show tonight. I waited and just came here to find out what happened.

From watching the exit video on americanidol.com you can almost see that he's relieved. He told his mom that now he gets to come home. As much as being the big winner would be cool, they don't seem to need that anymore. Past top 10's have gotten some great benefits from being in the top 10, even without winning. AI may have shot itself in the foot by watering down the brand.

Old 04-20-2012, 04:30 AM

Looks like Johnny Keyser will not be on next season, he has a producer now and will be releasing his first album next month.

This is what he posted on his FB
Quote:
"What an amazing day... it's official... I met with Grammy Award winning producer Brian Lenox and we'll be releasing my first EP of original material (5-7 tunes) on May 16... yes, in 4 weeks... sooo very blessed and excited... I'll be working with some of the best musicians Nashville has to offer while recording in a studio I already love, with a very accomplished producer. So pray me up! God's hand is all over this... my team is amazing and we're having a blast doing it the old fashioned way! More details to come... Please come along for the ride! (P.S. I'm finally going to be recording a studio version of "A Change is Gonna Come"... it's the secret bonus track so don't tell anyone haha I can't wait!"

Johnny Keyser sings Kings of Leon's "Use Somebody" w/ Amber Caparas @ The Lookout in Franklin - YouTube

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 04-20-2012 at 04:59 AM..

Old 04-20-2012, 04:44 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
I like LMFAO. They are fun and put out good dance music, IMO.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,586,547 times
Quote:
What did all of you think when Philip said,"I wonder if her Daddy let's her date"? That was bold!!!!! He's not as shy as I originally thought.
That was so cute and unexpected - what a scamp!
Quote:
Yeesh - that was bad news
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Did anyone notice the warning during the opening credits there would be another shocker tonight.

One thing I've always liked about Kris is that he is a religious person, but he never used it to get votes. I think Colton did.
I didn't notice that warning and I agree with you about Kris/Colton
Quote:
A ha! I finally got one prediction right. - after 11 seasons!!
Woohoo! WTG Cowgirl!
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
In contrast, P2 had lost a little steam over the past couple of weeks but seemed to be back in the zone this week -- with an attitude that voters can enjoy and appreciate.
He also seemed to genuinely care that Colton left - surprised and somewhat sad. I liked that he did his own thing and reflected on the night just listening to Colton's last song instead of doing the scripted "stand up and sway together looking sad" routine with the others. Poor Hollie - she was a wreck.

Old 04-20-2012, 07:38 AM

958 posts, read 2,132,455 times
I've been a fan of P2 and Joshua from the start and Skylar has grown on me with her energy and fearlessness.

Elise seems to be getting more arrogant and pouty each week.

What I notice about jessica is she is empty, no personality. She can sing fine but there is a missing element to her.

I hope Hollie continues to gain traction.

Colton really seems to be a christian artist. Now that he's left the show I hope that's what he pursues. I can easily see him in a line up with Danny Gokey, Mandisa and Phil Stacey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV