Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 12:23 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,749,992 times

Advertisements

Glad that Colton is gone. He looks like a jack in those skin tight pants and that weird hair. Seems like a nice guy. Last night after singing "Bad Romance", I thought Colton was a homosexual, because it's a song that girls would sing. He also sang too low and flat.

Elise possibly loves to take trips down to the Stools O' Shame. It looks like she has a vacation home, as Jimmy mentioned. Her voice does nothing for me, and she's just embarrassing herself. I predict Elise should get bumped off next week, and the bank to foreclose her vacation home at the Stools O' Shame.

It's not fair. Hollie had a great performance that night. Sadly, Adele's fans thinks that Hollie is just trying to imitate Adele. Hollie knocked it out of the park but viewers are getting tired of these Adele wannabes. Hollie is no wannabe, as she has a great voice. But Jessica's fans sees Hollie as a threat. Jess has a great voice but she screams high notes and often are very sharp. Not good for my ears.

Don't trust Dial Idol. D.I. predicted Elise, Skylar, and Colton to be sent at the Stools O' Shame. It was partially correct but Hollie was at the bottom instead of Skylar. At least it predicted Colton to go bye bye and was correct. D.I. is not always accurate, so don't count on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 12:46 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,388,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Congrats on the prediction, Cowgirl!

I dont think Colton felt as though Jessica's win is a foregone conclusion. In fact, I believe Colton felt he was gaining on her every week and that's why his cockiness was so obviously growing every week.

And, while it's true that the contestants dont actually need to win in order to have a successful career, winning is still the goal. I'm sure Colton was in shock last night -- the realization of what he's lost probably wont hit him for a few more days.

I just wonder if he'll ever understand that his attitude had become such a turn-off that it might well have cost him the title this season.

In contrast, P2 had lost a little steam over the past couple of weeks but seemed to be back in the zone this week -- with an attitude that voters can enjoy and appreciate.
Hi Tex - yeah, you may be right. I was judging that from the final mike comments when they are up on stage talking with each other and the camera is still rolling.

Has anyone else watched that, BTW? What are they saying in the background? The stage manager is yelling some weird things to the audience about who can leave and who can't. Can anyone else figure that out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Looks like Johnny Keyser will not be on next season, he has a producer now and will be releasing his first album next month. ...

What I notice about jessica is she is empty, no personality. She can sing fine but there is a missing element to her.

I hope Hollie continues to gain traction.

Colton really seems to be a christian artist. Now that he's left the show I hope that's what he pursues. I can easily see him in a line up with Danny Gokey, Mandisa and Phil Stacey.
Sunny - thanks so much for that link! WOW! See? That's what happens to these kids with a lot of talent, whether or not they even make the top 24! What a testament to Johnny and to producers who much watch these tryouts with great interest. And what a tremendous opportunity to show your stuff to potential producers! YAY!

Personally I think they need to start people around age 18. Yeah, our little sparky cowboy won last year. But still, Jess and Hollie are just so dang YOUNG. This is a huge amount of pressure when you're still being mugged by your hormones. I've raised a lot of girls, and I'm tellin' ya, most girls their age are in massive personality swings, dealing with all the requisite angst and insecurities of a teenage girl. They really are not ready to be judged so harshly, so constantly and so publicly. Even if they've been working on this their "whole lives"... they still don't have the maturity that a few more years gives them to deal with this. Plus, they're away from home and school. It's certainly a huge wake up call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I was actually enjoying Colton's performances the last few weeks and then one bad night and he's gone. I can't believe it only takes one bad night to lose your fan base. I find that strange. I would assume voters look at the body of work rather than one performance, but obviously that is not the case. This show is becoming very unpredictable.
Anything can happen with 53 million votes! I think they should tell us how many votes each got. Who knows? It's possible that he lost by 100 votes. So one bad night could swing 25 people voting 4 times... yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Idol spins controversy to their liking. I was reading that during some other season when more of a front runner was sent home they believe a pay out was given to the person as kind of a hush to cover up they didn't have that low of a vote.

Now it's all coming together for me, for example, some of the things Steven and Jimmy are saying about - to some of the contestants and I can pick out how they are trying to get the vote to swing. Steven is softly giving P2 a little dig each week.
Wikipedia has an interesting recap of the whole show. Scroll down for Geographical Bias and then down to Controversies

I'm still looking forward to the "after all the contracts are gone and the show is gone" Tell-All books and Nickolodean Interviews... LOL

Old 04-20-2012, 01:37 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,447,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I was actually enjoying Colton's performances the last few weeks and then one bad night and he's gone. I can't believe it only takes one bad night to lose your fan base. I find that strange. I would assume voters look at the body of work rather than one performance, but obviously that is not the case. This show is becoming very unpredictable.

Since we dont know how many votes each performer gets every week, it's quite possible that Colton's increasing arrogance could have resulted in his getting fewer and fewer votes over the past few weeks.

Just because someone isnt in the bottom three doesnt mean he/she didnt garner only a few hundred more votes than those who are in the bottom three.

Colton's tacky comment, to the camera, about being compared to P2 "of all people" last week certainly lost him some fans. And he made a comment the previous week that also had to have irritated voters. So I think it's highly likely that he'd have been voted off in the next few weeks anyway. His "I dont care what the judges say" comment this week was just the catalyst that caused him to leave sooner than he might have.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Don't trust Dial Idol. D.I. predicted Elise, Skylar, and Colton to be sent at the Stools O' Shame. It was partially correct but Hollie was at the bottom instead of Skylar. At least it predicted Colton to go bye bye and was correct. D.I. is not always accurate, so don't count on it.

Dial Idol may have been off in one prediction, but it's almost always spot-on. It could well be that Skylar escaped being in the bottom three by only a few hundred votes. When you're dealing with multi-millions of votes, the margin of error is much greater than the hundreds or even the thousands.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Excellent analysis, TFW - glad you're still watching the show this season - hope you're feeling better

Old 04-20-2012, 01:56 PM

You're so sweet, toosie. I watched the results show last night but I didnt watch much of the performance show on Tuesday.

Originally I thought the judges' antics last Wednesday night (when they rushed the stage during Jessica's sing-for-your-life) had affected my attitude about the show. But then I realized that a combination of things (primarily the judges having become a cheering section rather than real judges) has made me gradually lose interest over the last two years.

If Paula and Simon were to come back, my interest would probably be revived. But I dont see that ever happening.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:18 PM

302 posts, read 580,567 times
Colton left with a lot of class. He apologized for not being himself and owned that he had messed up, no blame though I think he was listening to the producers on his song choices. I think he will do well in Christian music.

I don't understand posting things on his fb wall, just seems kind of like kicking a man when he's down.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,541,472 times
Colton posted after the elimination chatter he had with the judges.

See what happens onstage after Colton Dixon finishes his goodbye performance and the cameras keep rolling. Find out what words of advice he gets from the judges and fellow contestants.

Colton Dixon: After the Elimination - Still rolling - American Idol

Old 04-20-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
Colton left with a lot of class. He apologized for not being himself and owned that he had messed up, no blame though I think he was listening to the producers on his song choices. I think he will do well in Christian music.

I don't understand posting things on his fb wall, just seems kind of like kicking a man when he's down.

I agree about posting unkind remarks on anyone's Facebook page. I dont understand that reasoning behind that either.

It's one thing to discuss his attitude and behavior on a discussion forum -- but quite another to post belligerent remarks on his Facebook page, where he's bound to see it.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,782,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Glad that Colton is gone. He looks like a jack in those skin tight pants and that weird hair. Seems like a nice guy. Last night after singing "Bad Romance", I thought Colton was a homosexual, because it's a song that girls would sing. He also sang too low and flat.

Elise possibly loves to take trips down to the Stools O' Shame. It looks like she has a vacation home, as Jimmy mentioned. Her voice does nothing for me, and she's just embarrassing herself. I predict Elise should get bumped off next week, and the bank to foreclose her vacation home at the Stools O' Shame.

It's not fair. Hollie had a great performance that night. Sadly, Adele's fans thinks that Hollie is just trying to imitate Adele. Hollie knocked it out of the park but viewers are getting tired of these Adele wannabes. Hollie is no wannabe, as she has a great voice. But Jessica's fans sees Hollie as a threat. Jess has a great voice but she screams high notes and often are very sharp. Not good for my ears.

I completely agree with you about Colton and those "skinny jeans", he looks completely like a jackass. I'm so glad he's gone, i never thought he could really sing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV