Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2012, 02:56 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,895,432 times

Advertisements

Is it my imagination or was Colton getting thinner and thinner each week? He looks anorexic, but there could be other reasons for the thinness, like stress. I am wondering whether he had an eating disorder and the producers saw that as a liability. Just thinking out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 PM
HDL

3,217 posts, read 6,807,035 times
It's too bad that we can't vote some of the people on here off for bad attitudes and arrogance ! Too bad indeed !!!

Anyways, back to judging 'singing' , my vote is for Skylar or Joshua to win this season !

Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,286,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Great post

I came across a clip of Adam covering an Aerosmith song from his season.
Some other guy did too, had dark hair and eyes, seemed good and I don't recall who he was or what season, but I guess he didn't get far.
Thanks for the reminder. I bought all Adam's videos of AI performances and just watched it again. I hate to quote JLo, but that performance gives me goosies. lol

Old 04-20-2012, 03:34 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,569,106 times
Apparently Colton's blaming his elimination solely on his song choice. There's no mention in the below people.com article that he realizes his attitude may have played a part in the voting results:

American Idol: Colton Dixon Regrets Song Choice : People.com

csmonitor.com had the following to say about Colton's elimination:

Here's a nugget of wisdom for all you dedicated readers: any statement that needs to begin with a disclaimer such as, "I'm not trying to sound [insert negative word here]," should just be left unsaid. Unfortunately for Colton, the advice comes a day too late because Colton dismissed the judges comments with a smug grin and a shrug, stating, "Honestly, I'm not trying to sound cocky, but I don't care."

Phew. That's good to know. It saved us from having to feel sorry for him when, moments later, Ryan announced that he received the lowest amount of votes and had been eliminated.

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...iminated-video

Old 04-20-2012, 03:37 PM

18,968 posts, read 11,662,716 times
Lots of people compare Skylar to Reba and several of you have commented that you're Reba fans. So, I thought a few of you might be interested in watching Who Do You Think You Are on NBC at 8pm est tonight - it features Reba.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:52 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,270,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Colton posted after the elimination chatter he had with the judges.

See what happens onstage after Colton Dixon finishes his goodbye performance and the cameras keep rolling. Find out what words of advice he gets from the judges and fellow contestants.

Colton Dixon: After the Elimination - Still rolling - American Idol
That was pretty cool. Didn't know they posted those kinds of videos after the show wraps. Randy is so cheesy though. "Dude, you're going to have a big, big, big career". Maybe so, but Randy always sounds like he's bsing people, only giving them what they want to hear. Also, who dresses Randy? He looks ridiculous 9 times out of 10 lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Is it my imagination or was Colton getting thinner and thinner each week? He looks anorexic, but there could be other reasons for the thinness, like stress. I am wondering whether he had an eating disorder and the producers saw that as a liability. Just thinking out loud.
Maybe he was getting thinner, but I think its a stretch about the anorexia and the producers thinking it could be a liability. I don't think that's the case at all whatsoever. If he was getting thinner, which I agree looked like he was, it was probably due to the hours he was working, stress from the show being away from home, and the show in general. Living a life of limbo due to not knowing when the votes won't swing your way, not wanting to make an ass out of yourself on live TV every week, and just everything in general that comes with being from a simple life in Tennessee to a hugely popular TV show for a record contract.

Old 04-20-2012, 03:58 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,616,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I bought all Adam's videos of AI performances and just watched it again. I hate to quote JLo, but that performance gives me goosies. lol
It wasn't bad I loved Adams hair, eyeliner and leather pants. That would have been terribly frustrating that season to think he was so deserving and be all caught up in it and feel he got robbed.

I hear you on Jennifer and I really hear you on that specific quote - it somehow gives me the willies and half the time I think she's fibbing.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:57 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,895,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
That was pretty cool. Didn't know they posted those kinds of videos after the show wraps. Randy is so cheesy though. "Dude, you're going to have a big, big, big career". Maybe so, but Randy always sounds like he's bsing people, only giving them what they want to hear. Also, who dresses Randy? He looks ridiculous 9 times out of 10 lol.

Maybe he was getting thinner, but I think its a stretch about the anorexia and the producers thinking it could be a liability. I don't think that's the case at all whatsoever. If he was getting thinner, which I agree looked like he was, it was probably due to the hours he was working, stress from the show being away from home, and the show in general. Living a life of limbo due to not knowing when the votes won't swing your way, not wanting to make an ass out of yourself on live TV every week, and just everything in general that comes with being from a simple life in Tennessee to a hugely popular TV show for a record contract.
Then how do you explain Elise's and Skylar's lack of weight loss?

Old 04-21-2012, 12:24 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,774,591 times
It's only worth watching with Hollie, and my wife Skylar. I wouldn't mind skipping yoga just for that show. Like I really would do yoga anyway. hahaha

Old 04-21-2012, 11:47 AM

1,561 posts, read 2,270,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
Then how do you explain Elise's and Skylar's lack of weight loss?
Haha. Well played....

I have no answer lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV