Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 11:28 PM

958 posts, read 2,144,812 times

Advertisements

I hope "bb chez" gets the boot. I'm so sick and tired of her acting her songs. Her emotions seem so contrived and fake.
As far as I'm concerned she can go back to singing at mall openings or whatever she does..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,307,369 times
Adam will be performing on Ai Thursday. Trespassing will be released tomorrow.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,848,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Adam will be performing on Ai Thursday. Trespassing will be released tomorrow.
Good, I hope he sings 'Outlaws of Love' despite this song makes my eyes water I definitely will get this album even though I really just want this track.

One thing that surprise me on Adam last album is he came across as a rocker but the last album was kinda mellow except two tracks.

Adam Lambert Outlaws Of Love lyric - YouTube

Old 05-14-2012, 02:00 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,796,524 times
Gee, I wonder where was gobucks when voting was open. He should of went into overdrive to save his cute little wife. I'm sad about Hollie going to. I was only able to send a few online votes because I ran my phone bill through the roof for Skylar, who got axed. Oh well, no point for me to watch American Idol anymore as my favorite contestants are now gone.

I'm still going to marry Skylar, the southern beauty.
None of you are invited because you were mean and rude to her. Don't worry, I'll send some pictures.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:52 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,907,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Gee, I wonder where was gobucks when voting was open. He should of went into overdrive to save his cute little wife. I'm sad about Hollie going to. I was only able to send a few online votes because I ran my phone bill through the roof for Skylar, who got axed. Oh well, no point for me to watch American Idol anymore as my favorite contestants are now gone. :

I'm still going to marry Skylar, the southern beauty.
None of you are invited because you were mean and rude to her. Don't worry, I'll send some pictures.
I hope you are jesting and not a stalker.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:41 AM

37,409 posts, read 54,025,230 times
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really have a problem with the judges and their lack, in most cases, of a willingness to lay it on the line. They're not actually doing any judging, and, outside of their "save" trump cards, it's obviously the audience who are the judges. They're really more just celebrity mentors, and really always have been. Whatever, they're really just color commentators, when it gets right down to it. I don't expect anything more of them. Actually, of the three, Jennifer is the one who seems to occasionally say something that somebody might actually be able to extract something of value from, in terms of real, industry-appropriate feedback. Randy almost never has anything to say that's not just a catchphrase or one of his vague, scripted responses about how it didn't really work for him, because it was kinda pitchy. Steven is really just there for entertainment value, IMO, because he's not doing much besides bringing a campy aesthetic and saying nonsensical things. But, really, they're just there as window-dressing...they're not really there to be REAL judges.

I think bringing Jimmy Iovine in was a smart move when Simon Cowell left, because even though they're all music industry insiders, Jimmy, like Simon, gave actual intelligent advice. There is a place for cheerleading and grandstanding for performers you believe in, but I think Jimmy (and some of the guest mentors, notably Stevie Nicks and Steven Van Zandt) actually do some useful teaching.

Old 05-15-2012, 08:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,848,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really have a problem with the judges and their lack, in most cases, of a willingness to lay it on the line. They're not actually doing any judging, and, outside of their "save" trump cards, it's obviously the audience who are the judges. They're really more just celebrity mentors, and really always have been. Whatever, they're really just color commentators, when it gets right down to it. I don't expect anything more of them. Actually, of the three, Jennifer is the one who seems to occasionally say something that somebody might actually be able to extract something of value from, in terms of real, industry-appropriate feedback. Randy almost never has anything to say that's not just a catchphrase or one of his vague, scripted responses about how it didn't really work for him, because it was kinda pitchy. Steven is really just there for entertainment value, IMO, because he's not doing much besides bringing a campy aesthetic and saying nonsensical things. But, really, they're just there as window-dressing...they're not really there to be REAL judges.

I think bringing Jimmy Iovine in was a smart move when Simon Cowell left, because even though they're all music industry insiders, Jimmy, like Simon, gave actual intelligent advice. There is a place for cheerleading and grandstanding for performers you believe in, but I think Jimmy (and some of the guest mentors, notably Stevie Nicks and Steven Van Zandt) actually do some useful teaching.
This was a real good opinion. Since one of these kids are probably going to Jimmy's record label his opinion is who really matters.
You ar right on Stevie Nicks and Steven Van Zandt. I will also add 'Will I Am' I thought he and Jimmy judged and advise well together and kid around with each other too.

The contestants do take what the judges say seriously to them though.
I remember on Colton FB page he was commenting on his critiques from them.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-15-2012 at 09:23 AM..

Old 05-15-2012, 08:51 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,634,309 times
They're called "judges" not "mentors" -- and, for the first nine years, the three panelists did judge. So, yes, I do expect them to truly critique the performances.

For her "judging" on AI, JLo makes $12 million per season...in addition to having AI produce a TV series for her and being able to promote her other ventures (tours, albums, etc).

Randy gets $5 million. Steven gets $18 million.

Those were last year's salaries. I'm sure they each negotiated for more money this season.

The Highest Paid Judge on American Idol « 96.5 TIC FM

Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I hope you are jesting and not a stalker.
What about gobucks? He started this whole "Wife" thing. When you look back at all his posts, they went farther than mine.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Jimmy should be a judge for next year. The winner gets signed to interscope records, which Jimmy is the chairman. Since Jimmy is going to work with the winner, he might as well be the judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV