Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,692,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I loved Philip's dad, too! Those big bear paw hands and his whole attitude toward his son. That was my favorite home visit.

Second round - Joshua surprised me with that pick and I liked hearing the judges say something with a little substance to him - plus, I agreed with their comments about holding back and control and the whole thing really.

Jessica and Philip both were good - I'd still give this second round to Joshua. I thought they were a little hard on Philip - I really enjoyed that performance and his vibe with that sax player.
I don't think it will matter how hard they were on Phillip in the end...those who have been in his camp will remain, at this point. If the past few years' results are any indication, it shouldn't be surprising how much voter appeal he has.

Joshua deserves the win. Maybe it will happen, but sadly, I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 08:22 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,263,086 times
Believe it or not, I was more impressed with P2 than Jessica tonight. I'm usually not a P2 fan, but I try to see things without biasness and I thought he did better than Jessica. But, it'll all come down to votes.

I could see Joshua getting into the finals because he seems to get the votes. Or maybe I'm wrong about Joshua getting in and maybe it'll be a P2 & Jessica finale. Hmmm...

Personally, I kind of hope it's a P2 & Jessica final. Why? Because I kind of feel like Joshua doesn't need this anymore because Jimmy and the other judges have openly talked about Joshua getting an album with Jimmy regardless, which I think is kind of lame on all their parts. I don't see them saying those things often about P2 and Jessica, so let one of them win and get a for sure record deal.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:59 PM

2,814 posts, read 6,881,611 times
For me, the highlight of the show was watching Philip return home. The warm, close relationship with his dad was beautiful to watch. I love when men can be affectionate like that. Very sweet

Old 05-16-2012, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
For me, the highlight of the show was watching Philip return home. The warm, close relationship with his dad was beautiful to watch. I love when men can be affectionate like that. Very sweet
Did you notice the firearm his dad was packing on himself the whole time? Kind of weird. Hahaha.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,591,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
Did you notice the firearm his dad was packing on himself the whole time? Kind of weird. Hahaha.

Wasnt weird, he met his dad where they both worked at a Pawn Shop.
You get all kind of wackos coming in. Watch 'Hard Core Pawn' on Tru TV to get a sampling of types they deal with.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:56 PM

18,077 posts, read 27,533,443 times
MrsGowdog and I have been watching P2 this season and I've been getting some scrumptious meals to boot.

I am a P2 fan and that Bob Seger song showed me how good he is.

But Joshua and Jennifer are so good in their own right... I would be fine with any of the three winning.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Joshua wins the thing and I would feel really bad for him if he didn't. Jennifer, she's so young and she's got so much talent with her voice... the sky's the limit for her. She needs experience as a performer... on the stage... imo.

P2 has a style that I like the best. His brand of music is more marketable to me for some reason... but I'm not trying to say he's better than Joshua. They are like comparing apples to oranges. But the effort and perfection and energy Joshua has been putting down... and especially tonight, is hard to deny.

Who's going to make it to the final two? I honestly have no clue. It could go either way, but I'm pretty sure it's Joshua and somebody. I hope that somebody is P2. If P2 somehow pulled it off and won the thing, I'd be happy for him and sad for Joshua.

If P2 doesn't win... I'm gonna be one hungry dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
No. I didn't notice the firearm at all, seriously. I just noticed the guy as a genuine dude who was really proud of his son. What a nice family.

Last edited by McGowdog; 05-16-2012 at 11:10 PM..

Old 05-16-2012, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Wasnt weird, he met his dad where they both worked at a Pawn Shop.
You get all kind of wackos coming in. Watch 'Hard Core Pawn' on Tru TV to get a sampling of types they deal with.
Uh...yeah, I know, but for TV purposes...eh, never mind, my comment wasn't to be taken as some type of insult where I don't understand the wackos that come in the pawn business. Just a general comment of something you wouldn't expect I guess. Whatever lol.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:08 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,591,254 times
lol, I understand, I mean it Im sure it wasnt a surprise visit. Im sure he had word of it and if not load of cop cars and a stretch limo coming you gotta think something up.
At least the wackos who watch AI know not to go mess with him.
But I am sure he enjoying the buisness and probably could sell Phillips belongings after he makes it big.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:01 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,759,081 times
I wish I was still living in San Diego. I could of been Jessica's neighbor, and possibly best friend since both of us are Asian. hahaha. I'm actually half white, half Asian.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:06 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,759,081 times
If Jess and Joshua in the top 2, we can have a strong finale. Possibly stronger than years past, but I heard the kind of music those singers make but who knows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV