Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 05:38 PM

3,383 posts, read 6,666,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
John Ramsey just did some interview and said he regrets entering her in the pageants, that JonBenet was a tomboy and he sees the today's pageants as really messed up. I think he's snug because he got away with something...We can't accuse him but it's really obvious the parents of that little girl knew or did something. If she was such a happy go lucky little kid, why did she wet her bed at age 6? That's been one thing that bothers me...Stress, abuse, etc,...would cause bedwetting.
Stree isn't the only cause. Diabetes can play a factor, as well as urinary growth and just plain biology. Different kids grow and mature at different rates. I know a girl I went to school with that didn't officially stop wetting the bed till she was almost 13. Nothing wrong with her, she just didn't. Who knows why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
If something like this happened to me I would get some prescriptioned meds and a lawyer to protect me, knowing how often innocent people are convicted in this, the 'best justice system in the world'. I would also be aware of latent class hatred, so a lawyer would be essential.
Exactly! If something happened to one of my babies, you better be drugging my ass up, and getting me an attorney on stand by. For a just in case moment ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I agree. I would think that writing the book would help a parent get through the loss of his or her child. Writing a book appeared to have helped John Walsh deal with his son Adam's murder. It has little to do with narcissism.
Exactly!

Old 04-28-2012, 07:43 AM

11,519 posts, read 14,789,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav Scout wife View Post
Stree isn't the only cause. Diabetes can play a factor, as well as urinary growth and just plain biology. Different kids grow and mature at different rates. I know a girl I went to school with that didn't officially stop wetting the bed till she was almost 13. Nothing wrong with her, she just didn't. Who knows why.

Exactly! If something happened to one of my babies, you better be drugging my ass up, and getting me an attorney on stand by. For a just in case moment ya know?

Exactly!
I don't believe she was diabetic though. That's an easy diagnosis and it doesn't go unnoticed in a child. She would have gone into diabetic ketosis if untreated. And, bedwetting is one of the biggie classic signs of child/sexual abuse.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,186,813 times
Hmmm....should we just assume the parents of children who wet the bed are guilty of child/sexual abuse?

Sure would be a LOT of innocent parents going on trial if we did.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:24 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,587,462 times
One theory in Jeffery Macdonald...he killed his wife and two daughters...was that he was such a control freak perfectionist, that he just lost it when his young daughter wet her bed. "Fatal Vision". And after he went crazy, he had to kill his youngest daughter to fulfilled the "story" of crazed hippies killing his family.

If you look at it...there are similarities in this case...

Last edited by jasper12; 04-29-2012 at 06:39 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 04-28-2012, 09:43 PM

8,835 posts, read 21,403,759 times
I think that was Jeffrey MacDonald. I had never heard that about him, but I always thought he was guilty. One of the reasons I am not crazy about Mark Harmon is that he played Mac Donald in a TV movie many years ago & he was so perfect in the part , so apt that he seemed not to be acting.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-29-2012, 06:41 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,587,462 times
Thanks Nancy. Yes. Jeff MacDonald.

This story, of Jon Benet would make an interesting movie.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:32 PM

11,519 posts, read 14,789,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hmmm....should we just assume the parents of children who wet the bed are guilty of child/sexual abuse?

Sure would be a LOT of innocent parents going on trial if we did.
I never said to automatically assume bedwetting=child sexual abuse. It is one big symptom that does occur with kids who've been sexually abused.

There was an indication that she had been sexually abused when they examined her after death.

If you put the 2 together, you get another indicator of abuse. It' s more about putting pieces together than relying on 1 thing.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:57 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,312,773 times
The child WAS abused.

She was permed, poked, prodded, paraded, and basically treated like a giant doll for her mother to play dress ups with.

This IS abuse. I pray for the day that CPS wake the hell up and work to ban all child "beauty" pageants.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:03 PM

12,406 posts, read 19,092,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
The child WAS abused.

She was permed, poked, prodded, paraded, and basically treated like a giant doll for her mother to play dress ups with.

This IS abuse. I pray for the day that CPS wake the hell up and work to ban all child "beauty" pageants.
Although I don't think there was enough evidence to blame the family and I feel very guilty if I point fingers at them if they are innocent and have suffered horribly, as most parents would at something like this, I agree with you wholeheartedly about the pageant thing.

I get very uneasy seeing little kids parading around and made up as though they were adults. It seems like a very unnatural world. With all the pedophiles lurking, looking for little children, who would want to do things to attract them?

Old 04-29-2012, 03:31 PM

8,835 posts, read 21,403,759 times
This story, of Jon Benet would make an interesting movie

I am pretty sure that it has been a movie, probably on The Lifetime Channel.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.