Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,489,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I thought the part where the detective said John was "cordial" (3 times) was pretty telling. You could sense she wanted to come right out and say what she was thinking, but didn't because of the timing and her position. IMO, any normal Dad would be frantic and bawling his eyes out, but I saw none of that.

Strange family.

Don
I would NOT even think about reading the mail without knowing where my child was, among other things mentioned in the clip. Interesting behavior which, imo shows guilt.

Old 10-25-2013, 12:20 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,482,407 times
Does anyone find this statement by Patsy Ramsey really odd?

"There's a killer on the loose," she said a few days after her daughter's body was found. "I don't know who it is. I don't know if it's a she or a he, but ... there's someone out there."

Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,414,870 times
Child abuse. Interesting.

I agree to lack of evidence for changes. Botched. I find it chilling that the grand jury determined that the Ramsey's were covering for someone. That pretty much makes this an internal family issue, INMO.

Old 10-25-2013, 01:33 PM
pll

I'm a little curious as to why JB children from his previous marriage haven't given interviews or aren't looking for the "real murderer" of their little half-sister. Why is everyone so quiet? JB had a daughter from a previous marriage named Melinda. She is a nurse presently married to a doctor. Why is she so quiet?? Melinda could have different and or expanded versions of information the Ramsey's have given in interviews. Did she talk with the family on Christmas day? What was said? Did JonBenet ever confide in her? Was she afraid of anyone?

Melinda’s inaction speaks volumes. Just as Burke and John (son from previous marriage) Ramsey have no reward or interest in pursuing any investigation. There is not a single family member searching for a killer or even closure. This was JonBenet’s sister, shouldn't she should be speaking up?

I think eventually the truth will find it's way out.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:29 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,684,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I thought the part where the detective said John was "cordial" (3 times) was pretty telling. You could sense she wanted to come right out and say what she was thinking, but didn't because of the timing and her position. IMO, any normal Dad would be frantic and bawling his eyes out, but I saw none of that.

Strange family.

Don
Yes, very weird. Any "normal" person would have had some visible emotional response that day. I know people say, "everyone grieves differently," but pleaaaaase, his responses were NOT normal and no one can tell me differently. Yes, people act differently w/ tragedies, but they do respond to the grief, the upset, the shock; they don't do the things the parents did. Or, plan a trip to Georgia, or refuse to be interrogated till how many months after, list goes on...

Old 10-25-2013, 05:42 PM

26,796 posts, read 26,927,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
I'm a little curious as to why JB children from his previous marriage haven't given interviews or aren't looking for the "real murderer" of their little half-sister.
They have. If you read through this thread, you could find several discussions about that. Here's some info on Melinda Ramsey: s-melinda-ramsey.htm

Old 10-25-2013, 09:12 PM
pll

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
They have. If you read through this thread, you could find several discussions about that. Here's some info on Melinda Ramsey: s-melinda-ramsey.htm
Melinda was 22 when she was interviewed in the you provided which took place in 1996. Are there any interviews, comments or discussion from the siblings in the last 5 to 10 years? Have they stopped trying to find the murderer? If so, I wonder why...maybe because they already know..

Old 10-25-2013, 10:38 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,578,465 times
Yeah they know. And like all families where incest is going on, they ''ain't'' talkin' and won't because they don't want to be ''cut off'' at the bank account.

I will always believe John did it. The interview only confirms it to me.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:12 AM

44,661 posts, read 61,743,803 times
Didn't the investigators say in the report that there was no DNA evidence that they found could be tied to the Ramseys. The current prosecutor said there is not any evidence involving the Ramsey's or anyone else to justify proceeding further in the case.
Unless someone actually confesses, and it's proven, this case is now a dead end story.

Old 10-26-2013, 07:22 AM

1,138 posts, read 1,349,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Didn't the investigators say in the report that there was no DNA evidence that they found could be tied to the Ramseys. The current prosecutor said there is not any evidence involving the Ramsey's or anyone else to justify proceeding further in the case.
Unless someone actually confesses, and it's proven, this case is now a dead end story.
"...Other than the dead body?" (from A Few Good Men)
The prosecutors in Boulder haven't distinguished themselves. Instead of prosecuting a case that wasn't a guaranteed home run, they ran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.