Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,573,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
I wish we knew why the police were having a meeting so early in the morning and what was it about? Does anyone know? That seems strange to me.

yeah, at 5:30a.m.

the fact that it was Boulder should've necessitated more cops to that house. A putative child kidnapping in Detroit would've merited multiple officers.

JR was on the phone with the governor the night before btw.

yeah, something really stinks. and has for years.

Old 11-05-2013, 07:01 PM

16,074 posts, read 28,646,775 times
Quote:
I wish we knew why the police were having a meeting so early in the morning and what was it about? Does anyone know? That seems strange to me.

Doubtful meeting agenda's revealed for public scrutiny....5am , perhaps donuts and coffee?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:07 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,110,756 times
Quote:
Yes, it is strange.....but.....I would think the kidnapping of a child would trump a meeting.

Hell, they were all out of bed and at a meeting......they could have been on the scene right away.

I would like to know what that meeting was about.....and WHO decided it was more important than doing their damn job.

Old 11-05-2013, 10:56 PM

Link for discussion of the Ramsey case for those interested.
Several posts are incorrect info; the Ramsey's hired John Douglas, former FBI profiler to investigate Jonbenet's death and create a profile of the killer in Jan of 1997. Although this doesn't point to guilt or innocence, its good to have correct info when contributing.

BoulderNews Ramsey Chronology

Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Linda Arndt was a horse's *^%

Never sealed off the house, couldn't control the Ramsey's, etc. Maybe inexperienced at the least. The wealth of the Ramsey's was a strong factor in this whole thing, from start to finish. Can you imagine the scenario if it were a family of different means? Totally different outcome I think.
I'd like to see her on Oprahs', 'Where are They Now'. Any officer who's easily intimidated chose the wrong profession.

Then went on to appear on the Today Show looking for public sympathy after removal from Boulder PD, like it was an injustice.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:48 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,935,146 times
They may have hired a retired FBI guy, but remember, he was on their payroll, so there might have been some bias there. Just because someone worked for such an agency doesn't necessarily mean he would throw the person signing his paycheck under the bus.

Don

Old 11-06-2013, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
They may have hired a retired FBI guy, but remember, he was on their payroll, so there might have been some bias there. Just because someone worked for such an agency doesn't necessarily mean he would throw the person signing his paycheck under the bus.

Don
There's a previous post stating the Ramsey's never hired PI to investigate Jonbenets death, and false. Actually, there were a total of three investigators hired by the Ramsey's.

Just reading about the Foundation the Ramsey's set up in Jonbenets name, 'Jonbenet Childrens Foundation'. Don't know if reports are true, but sounds like a scam. Reminded me of the Anthonys' scam, Caylee's Fund.

Old 11-11-2013, 12:57 PM

744 posts, read 1,095,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
This entire elaborate garrot may have been a punishment. That was used when the child was bad. I can see this easily occurring. Twisted, but normal to people who think that way.

She wet the bed, she caused her Mother to lose her temper, she needed punishment, again...that girl just will not obey, or do anything right...tie her up, as usual. The norm of punishment in this home, to teach her a lesson. Don't move, or do anything during your lesson...this is part of learning how to be good....twisted logic....the Father probably knew the Mother did this, but put it on ignore, as many spouses of abusive parents do...and Burke may have known Jon Benet was treated differently, but not the extent of the abuse.

The Mother knew she went to far, had to cover it up...thus ransom note...throw blanket over child, disassociate, after all, this whole situation was Jon Benet's fault...

Father supports Mother, out of guilt.

The garrote only had one purpose. And that was to "finish her off" after the head blow, in my opinion. Not a torture device or means of punishment.

Why do I think this? Because if the garrote served any other purpose (parental punishment, bizare sexual fetish, a restraint mechanism, etc...) it would not have been part of the staging. Remember, the entire point of the staging was to deflect attention from the true crime scene (which was probably upstairs in the bedroom or bathroom) and from the true chain of events that lead to JB's death. The wiping down of the body, the re-dressing, the ransom note, all served this purpose. If the garotte played a chief role in her death, it would have been removed from the crime scene entirely, just like the missing end of that paint brush and the object which caused the head bash.

Besides, the ends of the ligature tied to her wrists easily slipped off.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:30 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,588,653 times
Why ''stage'' anything if it was an accident?

And if it was an accident and then they went on to play it out as a kidnapping, then why not remove her body from the house and carry it out into the woods, etc?

I think the garrot was supposed to look like some pervert killed her after torturing BECAUSE she did in fact die as a result of sexual abuse, which was on-going. An autopsy would have revealed it, and did, and so they factored that into the scenario.

Or maybe it's a ''two parter'' with both parents playing a role: PR kills her accidentally by slapping her after a bed wetting, conspires with JR to dispose of the body by making it to be a ''kidnapping''. PR sends JR to take JB out of the house thru the basement, looking like this was the exit route. But while doing so, JR decides to feed his unsatiable pedophile lust with one last sexual act, this time adding on the twisted sexual garrot as part of his sick sexual sadism. Afterall, why not? She's dead and won't know anything. So he does that in the basement. PR finds out about this and now together they conspire further because she threatens to conspire against him to unmask his pedophilia and he threatens to turn her in for killing JB.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:20 AM

44,710 posts, read 61,920,721 times
^^ Makes for a good science fiction movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.