Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 10:56 PM

243 posts, read 510,731 times

Advertisements

His name was Fleet NE.

I have always thought the Whites knew more than they were saying. that they fell out with the Rams after the murder is suspect.

I forget the details now, and regret giving away all the books I had on the case.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 PM

26,666 posts, read 28,868,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy68 View Post
His name was Fleet NE.

I have always thought the Whites knew more than they were saying. that they fell out with the Rams after the murder is suspect.

I forget the details now, and regret giving away all the books I had on the case.
Whatever they knew, why didn't they tell? Were they trying to protect the Ramseys or someone else?

Actually, why would they try to protect the Ramseys if they thought the Ramseys were guilty? It would have been straightforward--Ramseys did it, put them in jail. The Whites wouldn't have had anything to lose by having the Ramseys put in jail, would they?

IF they didn't have anything to lose by accusing the Ramseys, yet they were furious at them, they knew something and they blamed the Ramseys for something.

Fleet was going over to Patsy's parents' (I think) house and they were so afraid of him that they were wondering if there was a gun they could use. He was in a rage and Patsy said that he was usually not like that. If they were so enraged, why didn't they spill the beans?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:03 AM

973 posts, read 1,457,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Whatever they knew, why didn't they tell? Were they trying to protect the Ramseys or someone else?

Actually, why would they try to protect the Ramseys if they thought the Ramseys were guilty? It would have been straightforward--Ramseys did it, put them in jail. The Whites wouldn't have had anything to lose by having the Ramseys put in jail, would they?

IF they didn't have anything to lose by accusing the Ramseys, yet they were furious at them, they knew something and they blamed the Ramseys for something.

Fleet was going over to Patsy's parents' (I think) house and they were so afraid of him that they were wondering if there was a gun they could use. He was in a rage and Patsy said that he was usually not like that. If they were so enraged, why didn't they spill the beans?

I'm guessing they didn't want the infamy. Look at how minor their part was (in the grand scheme) and we're still talking about them. Not just Fleet helping John find the body. I wouldn't want to be involved in that either. Furthermore, maybe they didn't to put their daughter through that. They might have given her a psychological exam like Burke. Considering the nature of Jonbenet's death, maybe even a physical exam. Would you put your child through that to prove your neighbors killed one child? Maybe I'm selfish, but I wouldn't. Especially if you they had no hard evidence. I.e. they just heard them confess. If pedophiles were involved, like a ring, the Fleets told on the Ramseys and the average uninformed person might think the Fleets were pedophiles. If it were some powerful person, pedophile or not, maybe the Fleets were afraid of them.

Old 02-12-2014, 03:15 AM

26,666 posts, read 28,868,454 times
I did a little bit more reading. Fleet White said the reason he became so furious after the funeral is that the Ramseys hired detectives instead of cooperating with the police. He said that anyone who withheld anything from the police would have a falling out.

Could be a little bit strange that he didn't want detectives--who might really find out--but he could have the police who were incompetent. He did say something about not wanting secrets to get out if detectives got involved. Maybe he "owned" the police, could have more control with the local police. I don't know if any "secrets" got out anyway, whatever they were.

Old 02-12-2014, 05:46 AM

125 posts, read 125,598 times
Quote:
I don't see it as normal, you do. I would defer to a psychologist or psychiatrist for their interpretation of involving a child in beauty pageants at a young age, dyeing the hair, the hip swivels, low cut tops. I'm not sure what's been said or documented by professionals regarding this, but would defer to their professional opinion. Anyone know what's been said about this matter?

NG, here are a few links:

Child beauty pageants are abuse, not ‘confidence building’ | Collective Shout

Destroying the myths of child beauty pageants - The Drum Opinion (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

How Do Child Beauty Pageants Affect a Child's Development? | Everyday Life - Global Post
So, do ANY of these articles suggest that child beauty pageants necessarily precipitate sexual abuse and filicide?

Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
His name was Fleet NE.

The Whites had nothing to do with the death of JonBenet.

Whatever books you were reading, they were the wrong books.

Old 02-12-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:

During an investigation, detectives will often feed false information to a subject in order to extract any information which the subject might be withholding. For example: "Mr. White, Patsy told us that you had a strange obsession with JonBenet. Why would she say that?"

After such misleading questioning by police, it is not unusual for the best of friends to have a falling out.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 AM

26,890 posts, read 27,090,953 times
Quote:
Fleet was going over to Patsy's parents' (I think) house and they were so afraid of him that they were wondering if there was a gun they could use.
It was suggested during the initial investigation that the person(s) who killed JonBenet were known to the Ramseys. Patsy at one point suspected Fleet White because he knew so much about their house, was with John when the body was discovered, had memorized the ransom note, etc, etc.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:21 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,839,283 times
A California woman, named Nancy Krebs accused Fleet White and John Ramsey of abusing her in the 80's. She came forward after JBR was murdered. She claims to have been a victim of a sex abuse ring. Her therapist says that Nancy told her of the abuse 4 years prior to the murder of JBR. Nancy was largely discredited by the authorities but I find her account to be interesting.

Old 02-12-2014, 10:23 AM

973 posts, read 1,457,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A California woman, named Nancy Krebs accused Fleet White and John Ramsey of abusing her in the 80's. She came forward after JBR was murdered. She claims to have been a victim of a sex abuse ring. Her therapist says that Nancy told her of the abuse 4 years prior to the murder of JBR. Nancy was largely discredited by the authorities but I find her account to be interesting.
Interesting. I've never heard of her before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.