Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2011, 08:20 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler92 View Post
Anyone watch JonBenet's case on ID last night? Thoughts?

For those who missed it and are interested in seeing it: The show is called True Crime with Aphrodie Jones and it aires on the ID channel. They will be repeating it at the following dates and times:

Sunday, April 3: 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm EST
Monday, April 4: 2:00 am EST

I watched it, it was pretty good. I feel so sorry for the Ramseys. You lose a kid and you're crucifeid in the press. The media are blood suckers anymore. No integrety.

Old 04-01-2011, 08:38 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,071,219 times
I really wanted to see this program but I do not get that channel.

Was there any new information given out on the program?

Old 04-02-2011, 05:14 AM

175 posts, read 202,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I never said anything about the tapes, what seemed strange to me was that a stranger could go from the garage, through the house to the baby's room and back out without their dog making a peep.
Further up it was mentioned.

I found that strange too. Maybe it was someone they knew? I know my dog barks his head off at anyone, even if it is my son or husband coming in from work he will sometimes bark.

Old 04-02-2011, 05:19 AM

175 posts, read 202,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I watched it, it was pretty good. I feel so sorry for the Ramseys. You lose a kid and you're crucifeid in the press. The media are blood suckers anymore. No integrety.
You really think a foreign faction sat in wait in their house, wrote a lengthy convoluted ransom note, murdered JBR and shoved her in the basement with a garrote around her neck and other things? That JBR sat calmly and at pineapple downstairs with this foreign faction before they killed her? That this foreign faction knew the lay out of the house like the back of their hand? One of the Ramseys did it, but I feel it was an accident. I think either Blake did it or Patsy became upset and struck her and maybe she hit her head in the bathroom. And there is a reason people look at the parents, they are the number one killers of their own children. If you want to read a lot of info on the case, check out websleuths!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,871,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduringWon View Post
You really think a foreign faction sat in wait in their house, wrote a lengthy convoluted ransom note, murdered JBR and shoved her in the basement with a garrote around her neck and other things? That JBR sat calmly and at pineapple downstairs with this foreign faction before they killed her? That this foreign faction knew the lay out of the house like the back of their hand? One of the Ramseys did it, but I feel it was an accident. I think either Blake did it or Patsy became upset and struck her and maybe she hit her head in the bathroom. And there is a reason people look at the parents, they are the number one killers of their own children. If you want to read a lot of info on the case, check out websleuths!

I guess we can agree to disagree.

I highly doubt people would believe that a stranger that you were trying to help out by giving them some employment would come back and kidnap their daughter as was the case in Utah.

Yes, there are parents that kill their kids, I personally don't think that is the case here. JMO

Old 04-03-2011, 01:07 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,400,864 times
I did not watch it. This whole case is sad. I don't like the fact that the new district attorney is re opening the case either, it is just to make a name for himself. This case was messed up from the beginning, when the police messed up, and zeroed in on the parents, without doing a complete investigation. This case will never be solved. Thank the "keystone cops" in Boulder for that.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:59 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,990,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnduringWon View Post
Further up it was mentioned.

I found that strange too. Maybe it was someone they knew? I know my dog barks his head off at anyone, even if it is my son or husband coming in from work he will sometimes bark.
I don't know how big or soundproofed the house is, but to my mind, it is possible. All I know is that I'd have to be pretty darned certain that a person did it before voting to convict, and I am a far way from certainty where the parents are concerned.

I wager unsolved murders happen regularly but those don't get all the press attention that this story does. There are so many innocent people in prisons - there was one state (Ohio?) in which a study resulted in the discovery that one out of every three on death row is actually innocent. The governor trashed capital punishment after that, he was so shocked. It is a crime that the guilty walk freely among us, but a bigger travesty yet when the innocent are blamed. I feel that people don't want to believe that someone gets away with murder and pick whomever is most likely to their way of thinking.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:58 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,222,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I don't know how big or soundproofed the house is, but to my mind, it is possible. All I know is that I'd have to be pretty darned certain that a person did it before voting to convict, and I am a far way from certainty where the parents are concerned.

I wager unsolved murders happen regularly but those don't get all the press attention that this story does. There are so many innocent people in prisons - there was one state (Ohio?) in which a study resulted in the discovery that one out of every three on death row is actually innocent. The governor trashed capital punishment after that, he was so shocked. It is a crime that the guilty walk freely among us, but a bigger travesty yet when the innocent are blamed. I feel that people don't want to believe that someone gets away with murder and pick whomever is most likely to their way of thinking.

You are right in saying that countless murders go unsolved and no one is ever brought to justice. This happens hundreds of times a year in this country alone and most of the victims are from middle and lower socio-economic levels. It is mainly the murders that occur in upscale areas that get wide media coverage.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,400,864 times
Didn't you know, almost everyone in prison is "innocent". They we're framed, or put there because they are black, or poor, or had a lousy attorney, everyone is a victim in prison. Even the ones who admit their crimes have a story about what "really" happened, and it is always someone else's fault how they went bad.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 PM

3,573 posts, read 6,479,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Didn't you know, almost everyone in prison is "innocent". They we're framed, or put there because they are black, or poor, or had a lousy attorney, everyone is a victim in prison. Even the ones who admit their crimes have a story about what "really" happened, and it is always someone else's fault how they went bad.
That's not true. You'd be amazed at how many people really are innocent. Some of the stories that I watch on TV are mindboggling on what the homicide detectives do to trap people into saying things that aren't true and then convict them of the crime. Sometimes the police just want to catch anyone to satisfy the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.