Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2010, 02:35 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times

Advertisements

It says right in the article that all family members were cleared through DNA. I love the way CNN puts it on Patsy Ramsey for bringing the case to nationwide attention when THEY were the ones to invite her on their show. Real class.

The Boulder Police Dept botched this and tried to pin it on the Ramseys. It's despicable. They need to leave the family alone.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 PM

297 posts, read 519,967 times
Quote:
It says right in the article that all family members were cleared through DNA. I love the way CNN puts it on Patsy Ramsey for bringing the case to nationwide attention when THEY were the ones to invite her on their show. Real class.
Yeah, that part of the article made no sense. Yes, CNN, the case was local before it became national. That's how most news works. The story didn't become a media obsession because Patsy was crying on CNN. The CNN interview may have made the national public AWARE of the case but it's definitely not what made it into one of the most infamous murders of all time. Although, I will say that I know a lot of people have commented that Patsy seemed "off" when she was crying, like she was acting, so the interview may have gotten people suspicious like, "They're acting weird for people who's kid was just murdered." So the interview may have started the whole "Did Patsy and John kill JonBenet?" but it's definitely not the reason the case became huge. Even if the Ramseys said no to CNN about going on the show, CNN still would have reported the case and the other networks would follow. Let's not act like we wouldn't know about this case today if the Ramseys hadn't gone on CNN. You think the media, of all people, would realize this....

Old 10-21-2010, 04:53 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Burke Ramsey declined to be interviewed by Bolder Police Department, pretty much the end of story.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:27 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
A few years ago I lost my step daughter in a car accident. When I was told what happened my reaction was to say "No she didn't, why are you saying horrible things"? Is that the way I "Should have reacted"?

Please, tell me the proper ettiquite for such occasions.

Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 PM

7,371 posts, read 6,831,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
A few years ago I lost my step daughter in a car accident. When I was told what happened my reaction was to say "No she didn't, why are you saying horrible things"? Is that the way I "Should have reacted"?

Please, tell me the proper ettiquite for such occasions.
You reacted as most of us who have lost children react. With disbelief, and like someone dropped a bomb on you.

I am so sorry for the loss of your stepdaughter. Taigagirl

Old 10-23-2010, 01:40 PM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,286 times
This thread has only added to the questions I have about what happened to JonBenet. There were several things mentioned in this thread that I had never heard of: a neighbor committing suicide (I don't remember this being reported), the underpants she was wearing being several sizes too big (what young girl interested in beauty pageants and fashion would want to wear underwear that was several sizes too big), etc. as well as a few things that seem inaccurate (that there were hundreds of burglaries in the neighborhood in the months before the murder (that would have been big news in Boulder) or Patsy having a priest at her deathbed (when she was Protestant), or that their home was in an unsafe downtown area (I guess you could say it was near downtown but it was in a very nice neighborhood).

I lived in Boulder when the murder took place and had a child the same age as JonBenet so I followed the case very closely at the time. I never could decide whether or not to suspect the parents had any involvement and still am not but there were some really strange things that I remember being either reported or talked about in Boulder at the time. I make no claims about their accuracy just that I remember people talking about them:

1. Why would someone risk sexually abusing/murdering a child in the home with her parents there and then after murdering her take the time to write a lengthy ransom note?

2. Why would the parents/police not immediately search the entire house from top to bottom not only to look for JonBenet but to look for clues as to her abductor? Why would they not wake up her brother to see if he knew anything?

3. Why was there a hang up call from the Ramsey house to 911 the night before the murder?

4. Why did the wine cellar she was found in have a lock on the inside?

5. Why did JonBenet's parents take her to a chiropractor (often parents of abused children do this to avoid a regular M.D. who might report abuse)?

6. What about the neighbor who played Santa at the Christmas party and supposedly wrote a play about a child who was killed in the home?

7. Why did the Ramsey's run a full page ad in the Boulder paper warning people to be on the lookout for a man with an incredibly generic description that could have belonged to almost anyone?

If the Ramsey's were wrongly accused (and that is what law enforcement is telling us) then my heart goes out to them. I was amazed to see John Ramsey running for public office. I would have thought he had had enough media attention. It probably killed Patsy. We may never know the truth but when you come down to it all that really matters is the sad fact that the world lost a precious child that Christmas.

Old 10-23-2010, 02:33 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
Wow, fascinating...and I too did not know 90% of this information either....I don't know if it is because too many of us [smile] watch Law and Order but I do not understand why there are far too many questions and no resolve yet...the police must have some thoughts and 'suspects' in their piles and piles of files and documents...

Old 10-24-2010, 10:12 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post

3. Why was there a hang up call from the Ramsey house to 911 the night before the murder?

6. What about the neighbor who played Santa at the Christmas party and supposedly wrote a play about a child who was killed in the home?

I've never read anything about the above two mentioned, but I'll take your word for it.

Old 10-24-2010, 12:32 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I never understood the ransom note angle. I also never understood why the house was not searched thru out prior to calling the police. If my kid was missing, I would look in every room, every closet, basement, every place before calling the police, for a child that age. I never saw a complete time line of this crime, like where every one was at what time, and last time every one saw the chid, and her own timeline the night of the murder, just too many unanswered questions in this case...and it seems like too many inconsistencies....I also questioned the judgement of the Father running for public office...

Old 10-24-2010, 02:52 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,828,603 times
HI agree jasper12...many inconsistencies...some things just don't make sense ..to me, it might really make sense, if at all possible, to have a new team of investigators to come in, sift through all of the evidence, files, pictures, reinterview everyone from family to neighbors, etc...it might be interesting, helpful, formidable and maybe even successful to have a totally new investigation...and then perhaps compare some of the other statements after that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.