Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 06:21 PM

22,918 posts, read 6,457,565 times

Advertisements

I live in Colorado and this is a case of never ending speculation....Does anyone believe the real
killer/killers will ever be brought to justice? Since this happened in 1995 I am losing hope....

Old 01-22-2014, 08:26 PM

125 posts, read 125,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Why would she believe that when it was Christmas night? Santa had already come.
Because she was six years old, and because she had somehow cultivated this idea in her head that Santa Claus was going to pay her a special visit.

She might have also gone downstairs only in search of some pineapple she had espied in the refrigerator earlier that day.

Quote:
I have never read anything indicating that this was a burglary gone bad. Do you have some links?
Incredibly, it appears that I am the first person to put this theory forward, which is odd since it seems so obvious I expected it be the primary working theory for most investigators on the case. I would like to believe that the Colorado State Police or the FBI have been quietly pursuing this avenue of investigation all along, but I have no knowledge of this being so.

Therefore, the only links I can give you are to mine own posts, many of which were deleted by the lunatic RDI cult at Topics, WS, and a couple of other forums, as they branded me a "blasphemer" and then banned me from the forum.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:45 PM

125 posts, read 125,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
I live in Colorado and this is a case of never ending speculation....Does anyone believe the real
killer/killers will ever be brought to justice? Since this happened in 1995 I am losing hope....
The perpetrators of this heinous crime will never be brought to justice so long as investigators working the case (if there are any) continue to pursue John, or Patsy, or Burke as a primary suspect.

Sadly, even today, 17 years after this horrible event, there is a dunderhead retired police chief, who had supposedly worked the case while he was active, insinuating in his self-published book and in promo-interviews that nine year-old Burke Ramsey committed this brutal and convoluted crime. If this is the level of investigative talent that has been assigned to this case all these years there can be no mystery as to why it has never been solved.

BTW: The crime occurred in 1996, not 1995.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:18 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,055,850 times
The Zodiak did it.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:56 PM

26,663 posts, read 28,782,169 times
I never blamed the parents but over the time that this thread has been here I've read all the posts and it has made me wonder about the ransom note and the sexual molestation.

Someone breaking into the house--help me figure out how that fits in. They were breaking in to steal things, they ran into Jon Benet unexpectedly. So they molested her and hid the body in the basement and sat down and wrote a long letter.

How can it add up? I have always thought that the parents knew who did it but it was someone they were trying to protect. But that doesn't answer the question either. Or does it.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:32 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,689,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigTurner View Post
I think he might have trouble sleeping after losing his daughter so tragically, and then losing his wife to a broken heart, and then having to endure his name and reputation being assailed daily on the internet by a never ending stream of absurd and vicious accusations.

Just so you know, "Nanny Goat," this heinous crime was the result of a burglary gone bad. Neither John, nor Patsy, nor Burke had anything to do with the murder of JonBenet.
Hardly absurd or vicious.

Oh, it was the result of a burglary gone wrong?

What was taken?
What connection does the ransom note have (long & written in the house) w/ a "burglary"?
Why was a child sexually molested during a "burglary"? Or killed? (Even fearing for a 6 year old witness is non-sense--she would most-likely be unable to identify him).
Why did the child have a history of physical, specifically sexual, abuse?
Why did the parents board the plane to Georgia right after the death of their 6 year old?
Why did the parents wait months to be formally interrogated?
Why did the grand jury conclude to indict the parents?
Where was the forced entry, besides a window with an undisturbed cobweb where a person supposedly entered?
Why the parading around of their young child, bleaching of hair at 4 yrs old, sexualizing of a child that young?
These are only a few things I can come up w/, but maybe someone else can add to this list.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:29 AM

16,076 posts, read 28,606,020 times
Grand jurys indictment were based on James Koalas investigation. From his book, you can assume third person involvement were Burke Ramsey. Burke was questioned by grand jury members as well.

I thought the Ramsey family were innocent until reading Patsys testimony, there's record of every word available to us all courtesy of the internet, when you tell the truth there's nothing to remember.

Old 01-23-2014, 03:03 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,596,319 times
The best coverage I have seen is from this series . . . there are 4 or 5 parts to it . . . I am linking the first, but the best info comes in later YouTube vids, where they delve into a connection between a stalker/burgler and his accomplice.

Real Crime: Who Killed the Pageant Queen? Part 1 - YouTube

As for Patsy . . . I have always felt that part of the public animus towards her was because she was Southern. I know there are folks who will scoff at that, but her animated way of talking, her "folksy" responses, and her body language -- which is very Southern -- plus her persona (the whole Beauty Queen personal perfectionist style of clothing and hair) -- was simply a turn off and misunderstood by many people. In addition, Patsy was a Stage 4 cancer survivor (until she finally did succumb from cancer) and she was on meds (xanax, for example) and this affected her response. In addition, I cannot even FATHOM losing my precious child and being questioned/treated the way Patsy was treated. I would have been out of mind with grief and angry as hell on top of it -- and so no telling what I would have said. My filter doesn't work very well at times like that.

Just asking folks to take some of that into consideration when assessing Patsy.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:10 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,606,020 times
Thanks for posting the video, I haven't watched yet, I will along with the series mentioned.
Patsy and John both came across pretentious, that by itself turns most folks off raising red flags.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,596,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Thanks for posting the video, I haven't watched yet, I will along with the series mentioned.
Patsy and John both came across pretentious, that by itself turns most folks off raising red flags.

I found the whole series was very well done and hope you will be able to watch it. I would be very interested in what you think about the information in it - and if you feel some of the suggested possible perps might be viable.

I totally understand what you are saying about Patsy and John. To me, they were very much like folks I grew up around -- including family and close friends. However, I had the enlightening experience of moving from the South (where both sides of my family have lived since the 18th C) to the Midwest (Kansas City region) -- where I quickly realized that people DO behave differently from Southerners-- down to mannerisms, eye contact, physical gestures and body language, speech and colloquialisms. I even had newly acquired inlaws tell me that they wished I would "give up that disgusting Southern accent and stop being so phony and dramatic " -- and I was stunned.

In my circle where I grew up, I was considered sincere and caring - not phony and overly dramatic. Wowzers.

I was in the Midwest when JonBenet was murdered. Immediately, people around me were saying things about Patsy being such a fake -- and that she was hiding something with all that exaggerated persona. I felt sick. I knew she was going to get persecuted in the press because she seemed too "over the top" for mainstream America.

Just sharing some of my personal experience . . . it may be of no interest or consequence to anyone else, but I think Patsy was just too much the Belle for most of America to stomach, lol. So . . . it was very easy to assign something dark and ugly as surely lurking underneath the perfectly applied make up and dramatic gestures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.