Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2014, 09:58 AM

893 posts, read 890,211 times

Advertisements

Sigturner,

I do not understand your obsession With this topic.

You have obviously spent a great deal of time and effort in researching this.

You've been banned from several message boards even.

What is your angle what is your relationship to this case?

I assume that you may be retired what is your background?

Old 01-28-2014, 12:56 PM

26,667 posts, read 28,893,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
Sigturner,

I do not understand your obsession With this topic.

You have obviously spent a great deal of time and effort in researching this.

You've been banned from several message boards even.

What is your angle what is your relationship to this case?

I assume that you may be retired what is your background?
I don't understand Sugturner's dismissal and criticism of any other opinions except his/her own. I thought this was a discussion, a free exchange of information, not insults aimed at anyone who disagrees with one person's opinion.

We all have the ability to put someone on our Ignore list and just proceed.

Anyway, I am still interested in this unsolvable case too. That letter--and it does appear to have been written by Patsy--but why? If the parents had killed her by accident they would have called 911. They had no reason to kill her on purpose. So that leaves killed by their accident or killed by someone else.

I've always thought that they knew who did it and were covering for them. They would have hated seeing that person go to jail for life. But who? And why? I am suspicious of the sexual molestation--there is no reason for that. A murderer wouldn't have to do that. A thief wouldn't have to do that. If the Ramseys had a sexually deviant relative who had a key to the house or was staying overnight, that's about the only thing I can think of that begins to make any sense. But it doesn't make very much sense.

Maybe the sexual molestation is key. It is the strangest part of the mystery, I think. Burglary is not unusual. Murder is not usual but it happens. But either one, combined with sexual molestation is unusual. A burglar would not stop and take the time to molest a child. To quickly kill a child because she was a witness, maybe, but not to waste time molesting her. I rule out burglary.

Some crazed person molested her and killed her. Why? Who? I don't believe Patsy would have been interested in molesting her. Patsy may have killed her by accident and then they faked the molestation part to make it seem like a crazy person did it. But if it was an accident wouldn't she have just called 911? Or would she have been found guilty of more than just an accident? Out of control anger? Slamming her head, which killed her?

Old 01-28-2014, 02:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,119,882 times
Quote:

But if it was an accident wouldn't she have just called 911? Or would she
have been found guilty of more than just an accident? Out of control anger?
Slamming her head, which killed her?
I imagine Patsy would have been charged with child abuse and negligent homicide/manslaughter.........and there is no way in hell Patsy would put herself in that position and would go to great lengths to avoid it, IMO.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:54 PM

125 posts, read 125,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

I don't understand Sugturner's dismissal and criticism of any other opinions except his/her own. I thought this was a discussion, a free exchange of information, not insults aimed at anyone who disagrees with one person's opinion.
I am last the person who would dismiss anyone's right to speak their mind on this case or any other topic of discussion. Unfortunately, I have not encountered any such reciprocation for mine own inalienable human right to freedom of speech, and freedom of thought, from many of those who for one reason or another are so absolutely convinced of Ramsey culpability, and obsessed with their conviction, that they have evolved into an actual internet cult. I have been harassed, insulted, banned, and had my posts deleted on JonBenet internet forums for the past seven years, on sites such as WS and Top/ix, simply for advancing a theory which does not indict any member of the Ramsey family.

So, you will have to excuse me if a I seem in any way less than affectionate to those who believe the Ramseys to be guilty. I certainly do not believe that all posters who argue Ramsey culpability behave like reprehensible, un-American, Orwellian zealots, putting forth one cruel and unsupported invective after another, against a family that has suffered so tragically, while having zero tolerance for even the slightest suggestion that someone other than a Ramsey could have committed this heinous crime. However, there are certainly many in the RDI camp who do behave this way, and they are easily identified by their habitual complaints to forum moderators regarding posters who just so happen to argue in favor of Ramsey innocence.

That being said, be assured that I will never attempt to suppress your human right to argue this case in any direction you choose, nor will I go crying to the moderator--with the full intention of having you and your thoughts and opinions banned from the forum--every time I feel the least bit offended by something you say, or even pretend to be offended by something you say in order to justify a petty complaint.

I am an American patriot. I am fiercely committed to freedom of speech and freedom of thought. Argue what you may. The truth will out in the end, if only it is allowed the opportunity to be expressed.

Last edited by SigTurner; 01-28-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,490,799 times
All opinions are appreciated. Debating this crime has merit, but we all have a point of view.

As a suspicious person, when a child dies in their home, or mysteriously disappears, most of the time, the family is involved.

However, I remember one crime, 20 years ago, a young boy disappeared after leaving for school. He had a single Mother, a boyfriend. The police pretty much decided it was the Mother or BF..case closed. And every few years, more boys disappeared. .all single Mothers...eventually, they found a serial killer.

The issue here, no other remotely similar crimes have occurred in the area...

Old 01-28-2014, 06:01 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,119,882 times
For what it's worth Sig.........I am not sure the Ramseys did it......although I do lean towards thinking that a tired and frustrated {at Jon Benet wetting the bed, yet again}, Patsy smacked Jon Benet and she fell against the tub or sink and fractured her skull.

This is one case where I can't absolutely make up my mind what happened, one way or the other.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM

26,928 posts, read 27,132,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I do lean towards thinking that a tired and frustrated {at Jon Benet wetting the bed, yet again}, Patsy smacked Jon Benet and she fell against the tub or sink and fractured her skull.
From reading about the case and watching news videos, I just can't conceive of Patsy Ramsey killing her own child, intentionally or not. She just does not seem capable of that kind of violence or anger, and no history of this was found about her. (And re: losing her temper about bedwetting and smacking JonBenet or what have you, how would that explain the garrotte, the bindings, etc?)

Old 01-28-2014, 06:39 PM

7,127 posts, read 8,695,864 times
You can't judge a book by it's cover...and on any given day all of us are capable of losing it and in a blink of an eye...an accident can happen...I think someone like Patsy is all about appearances...and being the cause(even by accident) would be a public shame that wouldn't fit with her psyche...but being seen as a victim of a murdered child and a wrongly accused one at that would be acceptable...

Old 01-28-2014, 06:47 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,720,307 times
Actually, there was another case in Boulder of a little girl - an unsolved murder. I didn't hear about it, though, until recently. It never received any media coverage (outside the area, anyway - not sure it received much attention IN the area, acutally).

I will see what I can find out about it. I did think it was interesting to note, even if it is simply coincidence.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:54 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,720,307 times
I don't know if this is the same case I recently heard about . . . it happened in 1993 and was unsolved until DNA evidence revealed the killer, who was already dead by that time (18 years later).

Cold Case of 5-Year-Old Murdered in 1993 Solved With DNA - ABC News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime