Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 12:05 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,503,247 times

Advertisements

So you dont think the State Fair has celebrity performances?

Old 01-23-2014, 05:45 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,159,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
And they think the Houston rodeo is better than the STATE FAIR. .....Please.
They pull in nearly the same number of crowds
State Fairs
Attendance 2,618,500

LSS&R
Attendance 2,506,238

However I do think that LSS&R books more diverse acts

Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 AM

The Fair just offers alot more sfuff to do........a lot more.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 AM

1,473 posts, read 2,159,194 times
Quote:
The Fair just offers alot more sfuff to do........a lot more.
Nooo not really they both seem to float around stuffing your face and carvavel themes, mixed in with rides

Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,418,978 times
Quote:
So you dont think the State Fair has celebrity performances?
Not of the same caliber, no.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:43 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,588,831 times
Quote:
Eat what? As usual your way too overly passionate about Dallas to view that video with an unbiased/clear head.. Nairobi sums up the video perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Eh...As usual, Dallas fails to tell us what's unique about it. I didn't see anything in that video showing me something I can't get in another city.
^^^ THIS. What i took from that video... Dallas has parks, museums, sports, skyscrapers, hotels, a convention center, a bridge, and a train. Did i miss anything? What makes that video so spectacular that you would bother writing something as childish as "EAT THIS!!!!!!"? Almost every other city in the US has all of the amenities shown in the video. Just another Dallas fluff video...

Houston.

Better museums
Better medical district
Bigger/better skyline
More money invested in parks
Best shopping in Texas
TWO international airports

need i go on?

Old 01-23-2014, 01:07 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,118,207 times
Quote:
And they think the Houston rodeo is better than the STATE FAIR. .....Please.
The State Fair has never peaked my curiosity. In all 34+ years as a Texan I have never attended.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
Eat what? As usual your way too overly passionate about Dallas to view that video with an unbiased/clear head.. Nairobi sums up the video perfectly.

^^^ THIS. What i took from that video... Dallas has parks, museums, sports, skyscrapers, hotels, a convention center, a bridge, and a train. Did i miss anything? What makes that video so spectacular that you would bother writing something as childish as "EAT THIS!!!!!!"? Almost every other city in the US has all of the amenities shown in the video. Just another Dallas fluff video...

Houston.

Better museums
Better medical district
Bigger/better skyline
Best shopping in Texas

need i go on?
It squashes all the stereotypes people have about Dallas.

we are not a cowboy city like people want us to be.
It tells people who are not familiar with Dallas thats interested in moving here:
*We have the number one public school in the nation(for people with kids)
*That we have the largest Light rail system in the state and nation(for questions about public transportation)
*That we have the largest urban arts district in the Nation(which is downplayed all the time)
*That we are the #1 destination in the State.
*That we are the #1 business opening spot.
*That we are the fastest growing reigon in the Nation
*That we Have the 4th busiest airport in the world with light rail arriving there this very year
*That Investing into the city is first priority among Dallas people.
*That Dallas' quality of life increases every year.
*That Dallas is far passed the stereotypes its had for the last 4 decades

This is a different place........EAT IT!

Oh and this is a terrible lie.......go read the thread about shopping.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:24 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,588,831 times
Quote:
It squashes all the stereotypes people have about Dallas.

we are not a cowboy city like people want us to be.
It tells people who are not familiar with Dallas thats interested in moving here:
*We have the number one public school in the nation(for people with kids)
*That we have the largest Light rail system in the state and nation(for questions about public transportation)
*That we have the largest urban arts district in the Nation(which is downplayed all the time)
*That we are the #1 destination in the State.
*That we are the #1 business opening spot.
*That we are the fastest growing reigon in the Nation
*That we Have the 4th busiest airport in the world with light rail arriving there this very year
*That Investing into the city is first priority among Dallas people.
*That Dallas' quality of life increases every year.
*That Dallas is far passed the stereotypes its had for the last 4 decades

This is a different place........EAT IT!

Oh and this is a terrible lie.......go read the thread about shopping.
dude, you realize practically all of Texas faces the same stereotypes as poor little ole dallas.. stop acting like the victim. by the same thinking, Houston is a much different place as well, and definitely "BIGGER THAN EVER".. (lol)

maybe your "urban arts district" is downplayed all the time because quality wise, it pales in comparison to real and organic arts districts.. just as your "largest light rail system in the nation" pales in comparison to full fledged rail systems like New Yorks, Washingtons, Chicagos, or Bostons.. that "largest" crap isnt fooling anyone. and if it is, by all means take them in.. better Dallas get the idiots than Houston.

your immature rants and "EAT IT" crap is going to get this thread closed if you keep it up boi..

oh and maybe "best" isnt the best word for shopping, thats obviously an opinion.. i should of said biggest mall in Texas

Last edited by TexasTallest; 01-23-2014 at 04:41 PM..

Old 01-23-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post

Houston.

Better museums
Better medical district
Bigger/better skyline
Best shopping in Texas

need i go on?
But not every city has the quality that Dallas Has in everything it does....oh and this is not a fluff video....If anything its an update video to show how Dallas has grown in the Last 5 years. Yeah other cities have stuff like Dallas but not as good as Dallas'. To be honest im really more excited that someone made a spot-on edgy confident video for Dallas, to send off a positive vibe for Dallas....Everybody loves to HATE Dallas..this video just gives people a dose of reality from Dallas' perspective. The video was made to create intrest in the city. To show that we are not a stagnant city like Houstonians want Dallas to be. This video shows that Tall buildings are not top priority in Dallas and we are still functioning and growing like crazy.

Last edited by dallasboi; 01-23-2014 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas