Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2014, 07:02 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Wait. Houston can claim Galveston, but it's cheating if Dallas has Ft Worth in it's metro statistics (which is 12 miles from city limit to city limit)?
Oh galveston is a neighborhood within Houston's city limits when it benefits them....but ft.worth is too far from Dallas for us to even mention it.........u know how it goes.....biased stupidity.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:16 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
Quote:
Why do people act like the new Klyde Warren Park is the only park in the core of Dallas? Do they think there weren't any parks until this one recently open. Folks on here tend to discount the park system along Turtle Creek or parks near downtown like Marsalis Park. The White Rock Lake area offers a lot of outdoors opportunities in the city as well. I've never felt like I was in some sort of concrete jungle living in central Dallas. Yes, of course we could improve by having even more parks, but it's not like there aren't nice ones already. Lot's of nice pocket parks in the core as well: Griggs Park, Dealey Plaza, Main Street Garden, Belo Garden, Cole Park as well as others around.
no one acts like Klyde Warren Park is the only park in the core of Dallas.. what i said what Klyde Warren is the MAIN park in DOWNTOWN Dallas.. not the core. and sure as hell not the ONLY park. White Rock Lake is like 7 miles from downtown.. re read what i said before you try to call me out.

Quote:
Wait. Houston can claim Galveston, but it's cheating if Dallas has Ft Worth in it's metro statistics (which is 12 miles from city limit to city limit)?
who said it was cheating if Dallas claimed Ft Worth? unless i missed it somewhere i havent noticed that mentioned recently in this thread. btw, while the city limits may be "12 miles apart".. downtown Dallas to downtown Ft Worth is 30 miles apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Oh galveston is a neighborhood within Houston's city limits when it benefits them....but ft.worth is too far from Dallas for us to even mention it.........u know how it goes.....biased stupidity.
1) when does Galveston benefit Houston? as Metro Matt pointed out, there are like 60,000 residents on the island...

2) again, no one on this thread said Ft Worth was too far to be included with Dallas in the metro...

Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,303,518 times
I wasn't quoting you or any recent posts. we all know that the "Dallas cheats with FW" statement gets tossed around a lot. My point was that Houston can bring up something 50 miles away and we have to stop our metro at the Dallas county line for some reason. No matter how many times people try to explain their reasoning for the FW comments I still just don't understand the premise of trying to separate the two. oh well.

As for the parks... White Rock is 5 miles from downtown Dallas, which isn't that bad. I was just making the point that people keep bringing up Klyde Warren Park. I will say that the vibe at Klyde Warren is nice though with the museums there, the food trucks, the various activities that are free and the free trolley service that drops you off there. It just gives it a cool vibe. People do seem to like it a lot. I am more of a Katy Trail/Turtle Creek Parks type guy myself.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:01 PM

6,291 posts, read 7,498,832 times
Dallasboi asked what the Houston video had that "any" other city video didn't have. I took this to mean, what did the Houston video have that the previously mentioned Dallas video, that he posted, didn't have. They both showed tall buildings, they both talked about museums and parks, they both showed cowboys doing whatever it is that cowboys do. I was just answering his question. It (the Dallas video), didn't have scenes from a Gulf or a Bay. Fort Worth had nothing to do with my reply

Old 01-23-2014, 08:05 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,451,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
no one acts like Klyde Warren Park is the only park in the core of Dallas.. what i said what Klyde Warren is the MAIN park in DOWNTOWN Dallas.. not the core. and sure as hell not the ONLY park. White Rock Lake is like 7 miles from downtown.. re read what i said before you try to call me out.

who said it was cheating if Dallas claimed Ft Worth? unless i missed it somewhere i havent noticed that mentioned recently in this thread. btw, while the city limits may be "12 miles apart".. downtown Dallas to downtown Ft Worth is 30 miles apart.

1) when does Galveston benefit Houston? as Metro Matt pointed out, there are like 60,000 residents on the island...

2) again, no one on this thread said Ft Worth was too far to be included with Dallas in the metro...
1) when the glorious beaches of the Galveston Seawall are mentioned.

2)No...but you guys always say Dallas needs ft.worth to boost it up.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:11 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,118 times
lol, the beach argument. yes, that gets brought up.. just as Dallasites use Ft Worth as a crutch any time they need to.. but our crutch (Galveston) is much smaller (60,000 people) than Ft Worth (750,000 people).. without Ft Worth the "Dallas metro" would be about 2/3rds the size of Houston, so yes.. Dallas DOES need Ft Worth to boost it up. Houston doesnt need Galveston.. the beaches are just a plus for the area.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:23 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
lol, the beach argument. yes, that gets brought up.. just as Dallasites use Ft Worth as a crutch any time they need to.. but our crutch (Galveston) is much smaller (60,000 people) than Ft Worth (750,000 people).. without Ft Worth the "Dallas metro" would be about 2/3rds the size of Houston, so yes.. Dallas DOES need Ft Worth to boost it up. Houston doesnt need Galveston.. the beaches are just a plus for the area.
Ehhh, y'all can have Galveston. I'd take Ft. Worth any day......

BTW Galveston's beaches are horrible. They are dirty and the city itself is boring. What city would give Walmart an ocean view!

Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Ehhh, y'all can have Galveston. I'd take Ft. Worth any day......

BTW Galveston's beaches are horrible. They are dirty and the city itself is boring. What city would give Walmart an ocean view!
ah Dallaz , envy is thy name...I was watching HGTV about a couple of weeks ago, and they had this family from Dallas looking for a beach house on the west end of Galveston Island. They were talking about how they loved the views and how great is was going to be to have this place where they could vacation.

How many people from Dallas visit Galveston each summer? Quit a few I bet........

Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,946,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
ah Dallaz , envy is thy name...I was watching HGTV about a couple of weeks ago, and they had this family from Dallas looking for a beach house on the west end of Galveston Island. They were talking about how they loved the views and how great is was going to be to have this place where they could vacation.

How many people from Dallas visit Galveston each summer? Quit a few I bet........

Envious? Nahh....I'm not a fan of salt water so I would never live near the ocean.

Do you honestly know how many people say that the beaches in Galveston are dirty? That's probably the #1 thing said about Galveston. The truth is hard to accept.....

Old 01-23-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Envious? Nahh....I'm not a fan of salt water so I would never live near the ocean.

Do you honestly know how many people say that the beaches in Galveston are dirty? That's probably the #1 thing said about Galveston. The truth is hard to accept.....
The vast majority of people who visit Galveston like it, some even love it, and most will agree that its better than no beach at all. BTW a lot of people who say the beaches are dirty like it anyway, and will agree with the above statement. I've seen the beaches dirty and the water as brown as can be , but I still like it and I like Freeport too, thats a great open beach isn't it?

Last edited by Jack Lance; 01-23-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas