Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:53 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,422,529 times

Advertisements

It never gets old to me.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:39 PM

8 posts, read 32,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
That was cute, but I don't see where it got us.
To the same place as every other post on this thread - NOWHERE.

Actually, I was only trying to be cute anyway, so my mission was accomplished.

I know the rivalry will go on forever because all Texans love a good scrap. Far be it for me to be a party pooper. I just think it's fun to knock people's heads together and call attention to how silly arguing over NOTHING can be.

Houston and Dallas would be so lost without each other. If one didn't exist, there wouldn't be any place for the other to rag on that would be worth the effort.

Carry on.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM

If DFW wasn't there, then raggin on SA or Austin would be boring, because those cities can't compete.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:44 AM

150 posts, read 689,336 times
let me just say this, you can add it ANYWAY you want to, add fort worth, or whatever city-suburb DFW has, HOUSTON HAS A BETTER SKYLINE PERIOD!!! if you want to compare downtown, there is no comparison, you want to compare secondary skylines, and thats fort worth vs Uptown Houston, NO COMPARISON!! deal with it. HOUSTON HAS A BETTER BIGGER SKYLINE.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:26 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,190,704 times
After Houston is lost to global sea level rise, there's always Fort Worth to kick around.

Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM

3,073 posts, read 11,581,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket City View Post
To the same place as every other post on this thread - NOWHERE.

Actually, I was only trying to be cute anyway, so my mission was accomplished.

I know the rivalry will go on forever because all Texans love a good scrap. Far be it for me to be a party pooper. I just think it's fun to knock people's heads together and call attention to how silly arguing over NOTHING can be.

Houston and Dallas would be so lost without each other. If one didn't exist, there wouldn't be any place for the other to rag on that would be worth the effort.

Carry on.
I think I've realized that I don't like that there's a competition between the two cities.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM

65 posts, read 356,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
I felt the same way when I first went to Dallas. I was like man this place looks nice, but after about 30 minutes driving around, I was like can we go back to Houston?
I said the same exact thing last week. We spent 4 days (total) in Houston and was to spend the last 2 in Dallas. We drove up and by the time we were on the Dallas North Toll Road almost to our Hilton at Lincoln Center we wished we could have turned around and went back. We are relocating to Houston and CANNOT WAIT.

Dallas IS a nice city, don't get me wrong. So isn't San Antonio (We spent a day there) but Houston is definitely more cosmopolitan, attractive, and alive. And the restaurant choices are like no where else on earth I have ever seen.

Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,190,704 times
You call the Hilton at Lincoln Center representative of Dallas?

Old 07-19-2007, 02:30 PM

Heh...it is in Dallas...

Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 PM

609 posts, read 2,923,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
You call the Hilton at Lincoln Center representative of Dallas?
I think outsiders to most cities develop 1st impressions without knowing the neighborhoods. For example, if Arlington were my first impression of DFW, I would definitely think that DFW is not nice (sorry to pick on Arlington).

And it's the same for St. Louis. People from the outside generally have negative impression of St. Louis...calling it old, or calling it a ghost town...but I truly believe that it's b/c of the lack of knowledge of the neighborhoods. If I were an outsider to St. Louis, I would probably say the same thing as on the surface, ST. Louis looks like a city of the past. But knowing the neighborhoods, I can assure outsiders that there are lots of neat places to visit in the ST> Louis area..neat neighborhoods that are unique to St. Louis...such as their Italian district (aka The Hill) or their Chinese district (aka Olive Blvd), or the Central West End, or Clayton...or their French Quarters...lots of great areas that add character to the city.

I think the same way of Dallas. Dallas does have neat neighborhoods if you know where to look. And same goes for Houston...not going to get into this debate again (at least for awhile...day jobs been busy...leave it at that). I think VP, Knox/Henderson, Lower Greenville, Deep Ellum, West Village, Korean Town, Old Chinatown, Addison, Las Colinas all add character to the DFW area. And Ft. Worth's Sundance Sq., Stockyards district is deifnitely a big plus for the area.

So if anyone on this thread is visiting the area, let me know what you like to do, and I can make recs...b/c sometimes on the surface it may seem like one thing, but in actuality it may surprise you.

Lots of cities on the surface may not seem nice..but do in actuality have a lot more than one would have thought.

I think St. Louis is a perfect example of that...and even Cleveland to some extent...these are part of the so called industrial north of which their cities have gotten a bad rep....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas