Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2007, 01:06 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,420,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex2003 View Post
You would go to Texas b/c Dallas plays in the same division as the Eagles.

Thus greater chance to see them live.

FYI to everyone: Cowboys pre-season opener is tonight vs. the Colts.

Do you need to announce it? LOL, the Cowboys don't rule.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:21 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,577,395 times
Houston 19, Dallas 10

Old 08-09-2007, 02:46 PM

Though they slaughtered the Texans' last season, getting beat by an expansion team's first game must have been something. Many Cowboy fans up here like to say "but you guys haven't been to the playoffs yet, and blah, blah, blah". Well guess what, the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 12 years.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM

609 posts, read 2,922,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Though they slaughtered the Texans' last season, getting beat by an expansion team's first game must have been something. Many Cowboy fans up here like to say "but you guys haven't been to the playoffs yet, and blah, blah, blah". Well guess what, the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 12 years.
But at least we lay claim to the Most number of superbowl wins of any of the 32 NFL teams

Anyway, doesnt matter, Texans are AFC, Cowboys are NFC. Market share wise, the state goes to the Cowboys. You guys have got baseball and a bigger market share in basketball, but the Spurs may have your number.

Old 08-09-2007, 05:46 PM

384 posts, read 1,414,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
At least get the name of our current sorry football team right :P
i attempted a sarcarstic mechanism of kickin up "OLD DIRT" for a jab.

but the attempt was met with western linear conventional logic and confused. just like a houstonian?

lol

Old 08-09-2007, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroplex2003 View Post
But at least we lay claim to the Most number of superbowl wins of any of the 32 NFL teams
Too bad you share that with two other teams (San Francisco and Pittsburgh, though I think there might be more).

Quote:
Anyway, doesnt matter, Texans are AFC, Cowboys are NFC. Market share wise, the state goes to the Cowboys. You guys have got baseball and a bigger market share in basketball, but the Spurs may have your number.
I'm always hoping for an all Texas Super Bowl. And you are right, we have you in baseball, basketball, and MLS.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:27 PM

609 posts, read 2,922,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Too bad you share that with two other teams (San Francisco and Pittsburgh, though I think there might be more).

I'm always hoping for an all Texas Super Bowl. And you are right, we have you in baseball, basketball, and MLS.
Well, if the Mavs ever get over the hump...we might actually win over some fans.

Otherwise, the Spurs are current kings.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:34 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,577,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbit View Post
i attempted a sarcarstic mechanism of kickin up "OLD DIRT" for a jab.

but the attempt was met with western linear conventional logic and confused. just like a houstonian?

lol
No, you just didn't do it with enough style. Gotta work at it. "Buffalo 41, Houston 38 (OT)" would have earned a positive rep point and a (text-based) public pat on the back. Nothing hits harder than mentioning the Mother Of All Chokes.

I have never been an Oiler fan...there is a special part of hell with rainbow-colored flames shooting out of every direction reserved for a certain Houston-Tennessee Learjet commuter who stripped the Astrodome of what little character it had so his team could sit in front of more empty seats, then move the team less than a decade later.

Old 08-10-2007, 01:12 AM

384 posts, read 1,414,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
No, you just didn't do it with enough style. Gotta work at it. "Buffalo 41, Houston 38 (OT)" would have earned a positive rep point and a (text-based) public pat on the back. Nothing hits harder than mentioning the Mother Of All Chokes.

I have never been an Oiler fan...there is a special part of hell with rainbow-colored flames shooting out of every direction reserved for a certain Houston-Tennessee Learjet commuter who stripped the Astrodome of what little character it had so his team could sit in front of more empty seats, then move the team less than a decade later.

styleshmile.
i actually like the oiler jerseys now. if i ever see one... well... i might consider.
im a huge texas fan even if i know there are lots of part of it that suck.
but no other state has more variety in culture-climate and people then texas.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 AM

20,518 posts, read 33,572,975 times
I think with the Rangers future ahead of them, Houston may not have baseball for long.

But yeah, Dallas has football and will for the forseeable future. The Cowboys are too popular, historic, and successful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas