Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 07:55 PM

659 posts, read 1,378,575 times

Advertisements

Buffalo Bayou Park | Home

Buffalo Bayou Park is receiving a major overhaul and will essentially connect the corridor leading out of Memorial Park to the various parks in and surrounding DTH. Then take the light rail to Hermann Park. Nice!

Old 09-24-2014, 08:54 PM

108 posts, read 308,090 times
It's not just the sea level but the magnitude of storms, hurricanes, and height of flood waters which will become more severe in Houston. Living anywhere near the coast will be challenging even in 2050.

But I have good news for all you Houstonites: You're welcome to come up and move to Dallas when the flood waters come nipping at your toes.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:07 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,573,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacksb View Post
It's not just the sea level but the magnitude of storms, hurricanes, and height of flood waters which will become more severe in Houston. Living anywhere near the coast will be challenging even in 2050.

But I have good news for all you Houstonites: You're welcome to come up and move to Dallas when the flood waters come nipping at your toes.
wow you guys are really reaching/praying for Houston to get destroyed so you wont be overshadowed anymore.. ive got news for you.. Houston isnt on the coast. we have an inland port. Galveston might be done for..but that doesnt mean the majority of the metro (to the West and North of downtown), will be effected by much except wind damage in storms. they can build some Netherlands or Thames Barrier style barriers at the mouth of the port and bayous to prevent inland flooding.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:29 PM

6,295 posts, read 7,520,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajacksb View Post

The higher sea level rises the closer to the coast Houston will be, and those cool Gulf breezes will feel even better. Besides like I posted earlier Dallas is going to be Hotter than hell and dry as a bone if all this works out like this article states. So anybody from Dallas trying to use global warming against Houston should think twice because Houston will be in an even better position when compared to Dallas than it is now......

Old 09-24-2014, 09:39 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,981,484 times
Sweet baby Jesus, you people argue about anything.....

Old 09-24-2014, 11:35 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,976,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Sweet baby Jesus, you people argue about anything.....
Mirror...

Old 09-25-2014, 12:54 PM

Houston mayor Annise Parker in the running for Worlds Best Mayor

Quote:
The contest, sponsored by the City Mayors Foundation, is truly a global contest with nominees from North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia, Australia and Africa. A long list of nominees is narrowed down to a short list of those who exhibit, among other things, leadership, integrity and economic awareness.
According to the contest’s website, there are 26 finalists— only three of whom are from the U.S.

Port of Galveston preps for $6 billion dollar LNG export hub

Quote:
Galveston Port Director Michael Mierzwa said Pelican Island serves as the "ideal" location for a $6 billion liquefied natural gas export hub backed by an energy company from The Woodlands.
The Galveston Wharves Board of Trustees has signed off on short-term, six month deal for $100,000 to set aside 185 acres on the northeast corner of Pelican Island.

New Downtown hotel with in-house restaurant opening this week

Quote:
The hotel is in the Samuel F. Carter building. Built in the 1900s, the building was scheduled for demolition until Pearl Hospitality purchased it and began renovations. The renovation includes two ballrooms — the Picasso and the Monet — which are nods to the hotel’s eclectic art collection, which will eventually include a 13-foot sculpture of a gryphon, the mythical winged creature that makes up JW Marriott’s logo.

Last edited by TexasTallest; 09-25-2014 at 01:48 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 03:28 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,825,164 times
No fight today between dallasboi and Texas Tallest? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed out.

Last edited by curbur; 09-25-2014 at 03:37 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 04:19 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,469,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
No fight today between dallasboi and Texas Tallest? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bummed out.
Yeah.....Texas Tallest needs me for people to pay attention to him.....In Fact...He's not even having fun if he's not bitching or picking an argument with me.

Alot of People want to hate me but its hard!!!

Old 09-25-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Yeah.....Texas Tallest needs me for people to pay attention to him.....In Fact...He's not even having fun if he's not bitching or picking an argument with me.

Alot of People want to hate me but its hard!!!
Umm. What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas