Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2014, 12:14 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
*The Cedars
*West Dallas
*Galleria area
*Mockingbird Station
*Park lane Place
*Baylor area
*Turtle Creek
*Medical district area

You're funny.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:37 AM

2,930 posts, read 5,272,017 times
Quote:
Y.we are just not the type of city that's eager to throw up the same building two or three times..(like Houston)...thats the stuff they do in China. Im Glad we are not getting another one.....and especially not a block away from the same cookie cutter building...BUILD BUILD BUILD Houston.......just throw up the same building, no one will notice

Who cares if its the same....as long as were building something it doesnt matter.

Aww c'mon boi. I didn't think you hated on your big brother like that enough to resort that low!!!

Now you're just getting petty. I have to laugh at how you're acting like Houston has twin buildings on every other block. It must not be enough for me not to know of any. The way i see it, infill is infill.

Old 09-23-2014, 06:58 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneclaw View Post
Aww c'mon boi. I didn't think you hated on your big brother like that enough to resort that low!!!

Now you're just getting petty. I have to laugh at how you're acting like Houston has twin buildings on every other block. It must not be enough for me not to know of any. The way i see it, infill is infill.
It was petty that Dallas was even mentioned. ....thats my point.

If Houston is building another Skyhouse just be happy...don't go mentioning how dallas aint on fire because we only have one cookie cutter building.....I already hate that we have the same building that Two other texas cities have....

Old 09-23-2014, 07:05 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post

You're funny.
Im listening. .............

Old 09-23-2014, 11:36 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,564,671 times
Quote:
It was petty that Dallas was even mentioned. ....thats my point.

If Houston is building another Skyhouse just be happy...don't go mentioning how dallas aint on fire because we only have one cookie cutter building.....I already hate that we have the same building that Two other texas cities have....
what was so petty about asking a question? Dallas is supposed to be number 1 in the country in new apartment construction. given that, i thought it was odd Novare would focus so much more on Houston with their new SkyHouse brand.

cookie cutter building? Dallas is the epitome of cookie cutter..
yes its so terrible that Dallas got a new 25 story residential tower during their high-rise lull.. must be awful.

Old 09-23-2014, 01:54 PM

some recent footage showing Buffalo Bayou Park and some of the progress made in the ongoing renovations.

More Pedestrian Bridges and Other Twists and Turns in the Plans for Buffalo Bayou Park | Swamplot

Old 09-23-2014, 03:16 PM

6,695 posts, read 9,947,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
some recent footage showing Buffalo Bayou Park and some of the progress made in the ongoing renovations.

More Pedestrian Bridges and Other Twists and Turns in the Plans for Buffalo Bayou Park | Swamplot
Was gonna post a video of Kylde Warren Park earlier....I guess I'm gonna do it now

BTW That looks GREAT!

Klyde Warren Park: From Freeway to Greenway Aerial Video - YouTube

Old 09-23-2014, 03:22 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,784,183 times
Also, new plans for McKinney Ave.

Trammell Crow eyes Uptown restaurant site for new tower

Quote:
Trammell Crow Co. says that the project at 3230 McKinney Avenue will have 271 apartments in a 20-story tower.

There will be 13,000 square feet of ground floor retail.

The new McKinney Avenue trolley headquarters, museum and trolley barn will be on the southwest corner of the new building on Bowen Street at Oak Grove.

“Adding another trolley, barn space and a museum with leadership offices has been a goal of ours for years, but the opportunity to do it the right way has never presented itself,” Phil Cobb, founder of the McKinney Avenue Transit Authority, said in a statement. “This space adjacent to where we are currently headquartered is exactly what we needed to realize the vision and grow.”

Old 09-23-2014, 03:31 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,821,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Was gonna post a video of Kylde Warren Park earlier....I guess I'm gonna do it now

BTW That looks GREAT!

Klyde Warren Park: From Freeway to Greenway Aerial Video - YouTube

Looks awesome! Do they ever hold small scale concerts there?

edit: Nevermind; the end of your video answered my question. Seems like a mini grant park; I hope Houston's discovery green is expanded and eventually works in a similar fashion.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbur View Post
Looks awesome! Do they ever hold small scale concerts there?

edit: Nevermind; the end of your video answered my question. Seems like a mini grant park; I hope Houston's discovery green is expanded and eventually works in a similar fashion.
What are you talking about? Discovery Green is 2 and a half times the size of Klyde Warren. Klyde Warren practically copied DiscoGreen... (which borrowed many ideas from Millennium Park [i think thats what you meant when you said Grant Park] ironically.. heh)

Last edited by TexasTallest; 09-23-2014 at 04:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas