Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 06:53 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,972,762 times

Advertisements

Oak Lawn? No. I could maybe see the Design District getting a 10 floor micro Skyhouse.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:06 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,571,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
But where else in Dallas would a Skyhouse be built. If not Uptowj or Downtown, I don't think there are other areas that would support one.
good point. i know they dream of having a "midtown" one day.. i mean maybe the West End or whatever neighborhood is just across the MHH bridge could support one. that area is supposed to be starting to boom, and it would have an awesome view of downtown, being one of the only high rises on that side of the creek. and then there are all the offshoots of Uptown, like the Harwinn/Harwood (idk?) district, City Place, and what not. but not much outside of the general downtown/uptown vicinity could really support a SkyHouse.

at the end of the day, i see Houston with 4 SkyHouses, Dallas with 2, and Austin with the 1 (unless they twin tower it like the downtown Houston location, but idk if there is available land next to it). there just arent many other places in Dallas or Austin to build a residential tower, whereas there are plenty of other areas i could think of off the top of my head in Houston that could support an additional SkyHouse. it would be cool if Ft Worth or San Antonio scored one, but i dont think Ft Worth is really on Novares radar and San Antonio has so many restrictions against high-rises in all the "it"/historic places around downtown SA that a SkyHouse would have to be in a not so desirable location.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:13 PM

6,726 posts, read 9,972,956 times
Quote:
Oak Lawn? No. I could maybe see the Design District getting a 10 floor micro Skyhouse.
I could totally see Oak Lawn getting a Skyhouse...

There's currently a luxury highrise in the works for that area.

If 1400 Hi Line went up in the Design District with over 300 units, Skyhouse could make it too.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:15 PM

6,726 posts, read 9,972,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
good point. i know they dream of having a "midtown" one day.. i mean maybe the West End or whatever neighborhood is just across the MHH bridge could support one. that area is supposed to be starting to boom, and it would have an awesome view of downtown, being one of the only high rises on that side of the creek. and then there are all the offshoots of Uptown, like the Harwinn/Harwood (idk?) district, City Place, and what not. but not much outside of the general downtown/uptown vicinity could really support a SkyHouse.

at the end of the day, i see Houston with 4 SkyHouses, Dallas with 2, and Austin with the 1 (unless they twin tower it like the downtown Houston location, but idk if there is available land next to it). there just arent many other places in Dallas or Austin to build a residential tower, whereas there are plenty of other areas i could think of off the top of my head in Houston that could support an additional SkyHouse. it would be cool if Ft Worth or San Antonio scored one, but i dont think Ft Worth is really on Novares radar and San Antonio has so many restrictions against high-rises in all the "it"/historic places around downtown SA that a SkyHouse would have to be in a not so desirable location.
You're really trying to get a rant out of me but I'm not gonna do it......

I'll leave it to dallasboi....

Old 09-22-2014, 07:46 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,466,094 times
Why do people whine and complain so much?

If i posted 10 articles in one post you would still have to click them one at a time...the same as 10 articles in 10 separate posts.
What if 10 different people posted 1 article a piece back to back....it would be the same amount of work to click each one separately. ......gosh people.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
But where else in Dallas would a Skyhouse be built. If not Uptowj or Downtown, I don't think there are other areas that would support one.
*The Cedars
*West Dallas
*Galleria area
*Mockingbird Station
*Park lane Place
*Baylor area
*Turtle Creek
*Medical district area

Old 09-22-2014, 09:27 PM

568 posts, read 902,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Why do people whine and complain so much?

If i posted 10 articles in one post you would still have to click them one at a time...the same as 10 articles in 10 separate posts.
What if 10 different people posted 1 article a piece back to back....it would be the same amount of work to click each one separately. ......gosh people.
Because you're filling the page with links to articles that do very little to form discussions. At least put them in one post so the articles don't dominate the page. You can only have so many posts per page.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatyr View Post
Because you're filling the page with links to articles that do very little to form discussions. At least put them in one post so the articles don't dominate the page. You can only have so many posts per page.
The thread is only over 1,000 pages long...

Old 09-22-2014, 10:46 PM

568 posts, read 902,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
The thread is only over 1,000 pages long...
All the more reason to have quality posts... Don't be so dense.

Now let's get back on topic because these posts are not contributing anything either.

Old 09-23-2014, 12:01 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,171,834 times
I can't believe this thread is over 7 years old. This must be one of the longest, continuous threads on City Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas