Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2019, 09:55 PM

834 posts, read 528,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
what part of "nice winning lately" didn't you like? BTW, if attendance is 5k, you better bet the owners have a role, if you don't think so, you don't understand the issues at hand....the attendance story is huge in the area and baseball ....
You complain in every post you make, including the very one you used to defend yourself. It's clear that you don't even know the difference between team support and whiny complaining.

The owners are not at fault. You know darn well they have been stuck in a lease this whole time preventing a move. And you agree that building a stadium in St Pete won't solve the problem with lazy Tampa drivers. The current grounds are 100% safe at all times and it's never the owner's responsibility to create a fun atmosphere on nearby property it doesn't even own. Seats and parking are cheap, and the team is doing great this year. Meadows is the current AL MVP and Lowe is the Rookie Of The Year. The problem, as always, are the residents of Tampa...not the ads or homerun wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 04:22 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
You complain in every post you make, including the very one you used to defend yourself. It's clear that you don't even know the difference between team support and whiny complaining.

The owners are not at fault. You know darn well they have been stuck in a lease this whole time preventing a move. And you agree that building a stadium in St Pete won't solve the problem with lazy Tampa drivers. The current grounds are 100% safe at all times and it's never the owner's responsibility to create a fun atmosphere on nearby property it doesn't even own. Seats and parking are cheap, and the team is doing great this year. Meadows is the current AL MVP and Lowe is the Rookie Of The Year. The problem, as always, are the residents of Tampa...not the ads or homerun wall.
Just use ignore. Makes life better.

Old 06-05-2019, 04:45 AM

224 posts, read 228,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumby88 View Post
There are $5 tickets available for the June 10-15 games.
And parking is still minimum $15-20, burger+fries+drink prices are unknown because they're unlisted. Unless I can get in and out of there with all that for no more than $20, not interested.

Last edited by Ft Laud Guy; 06-05-2019 at 04:58 AM..

Old 06-05-2019, 06:29 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
And parking is still minimum $15-20, burger+fries+drink prices are unknown because they're unlisted. Unless I can get in and out of there with all that for no more than $20, not interested.
Parking can be fee if you trolley it from downtown to the stadium. You don't need to eat and drink - if you do, bring your own. It's allowed. Tix on Stubhub as low as $10. If you don't like baseball, not a problem, but compared to the rest of the league, the Rays game is least expensive overall.

Old 06-05-2019, 07:24 AM

ouch - four losses in a row.....hope they can rectify.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m8p_svAVgk

Old 06-05-2019, 06:27 PM

25,736 posts, read 12,815,111 times
This thread should be moved to the sports area, but the Rays will bounce back because of superior pitching. I see them battling for a wild card slot until the last game. I lived in Atlanta all those years when the Braves had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery, Kimbrel, Hudson, Wohlers, so I've seen what dominating pitching can do for a team with below average offense.

I just bought tickets for next week for $5.00/seat. What a deal. I hope Pham is back, I just saw a bio on him on TV, and aside from Austin Meadows, he's my favorite player.

Old 06-06-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
This thread should be moved to the sports area, but the Rays will bounce back because of superior pitching. I see them battling for a wild card slot until the last game. I lived in Atlanta all those years when the Braves had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery, Kimbrel, Hudson, Wohlers, so I've seen what dominating pitching can do for a team with below average offense.

I just bought tickets for next week for $5.00/seat. What a deal. I hope Pham is back, I just saw a bio on him on TV, and aside from Austin Meadows, he's my favorite player.
Caution ahead. RAYS TRADE THEIR PLAYERS ALL THE TIME, OR RELEASE THEM TO CUT SALARY. DONT GET TOO ATTACHED.

Old 06-07-2019, 09:21 AM

Rick Stroud again in his daily podcast contends that the Rays are letting this low attendance problem play out to strengthen its argument to vacate. Interesting theory.

Old 06-11-2019, 02:18 AM

834 posts, read 528,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I lived in Atlanta all those years when the Braves had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery, Kimbrel, Hudson, Wohlers, so I've seen what dominating pitching can do for a team with below average offense.
It's a good thing the Rays don't have that then.

3rd in the AL in AVG, 4th in OBP, 4th in OPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft Laud Guy View Post
So 1982 prices, got it.

I pay $7.50 for Lot 2 parking with the Rays cash card (or whatever they call it). No line getting in or out, ever. Meanwhile, the last three times I went to Fenway I gladly paid $45-$50. Sodas are $5.50 each or $11 for a collector cup and unlimited refills.

It's all the houses money anyway as I make money selling my extra season tickets. Not to mention my perks of throwing out the first pitch, bringing out the lineup card, year long gym membership, and whatever else I buy with my rewards points. Winning the 50/50 raffle a couple weeks back didn't hurt either...

Last edited by Bumby88; 06-11-2019 at 02:33 AM..

Old 06-20-2019, 03:40 AM

Swept. Oh crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay