Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2013, 05:51 PM

12,923 posts, read 18,770,297 times

Advertisements

When I thought of what it is about a tourist vibe I wouldn't want, I didn't have youth on my mind. It's not like Columbia has a dearth of people from elsewhere who are visiting. I just wouldn't want a bulky crowd that was bulky mainly due to tourism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 06:39 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
When I thought of what it is about a tourist vibe I wouldn't want, I didn't have youth on my mind. It's not like Columbia has a dearth of people from elsewhere who are visiting. I just wouldn't want a bulky crowd that was bulky mainly due to tourism.
Columbia gets a little over 3m visitors annually.

Old 12-16-2013, 06:58 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,318,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Columbia gets a little over 3m visitors annually.
Those are just people stopping for cheap gas on their way to Charleston.

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Old 12-16-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
those are just people stopping for cheap gas on their way to charleston.
:d

sorry, couldn't resist!
:dlol

Old 12-16-2013, 07:21 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,864,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Those are just people stopping for cheap gas on their way to Charleston.

Sorry, couldn't resist!
LMAO! Kind of true actually. Although, a good 2 million are for AME Gospel conventions.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
LMAO! Kind of true actually. Although, a good 2 million are for AME Gospel conventions.
Actually, kind of not true, another dumb post by GSUPSTATE.

On the other hand, we can always count on you to bring up race, sad. It is amazing that for someone so sensitive about being called a name, you are quick to bring up race at any given opportunity.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:29 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,655,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows

sorry, couldn't resist!

Quote:
:dlol
Oh yes he did, and it was FUNNY!
Or TRUE.
Or BOTH.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows

sorry, couldn't resist!

Oh yes he did, and it was FUNNY!
Or TRUE.
Or BOTH.
It would not be funny if it were true. To be honest, you most likely won't understand because it requires a little thought and there are no pictures, I was surprised at how high it is, 3m visitors is not all bad. But, when you look at Columbia's ADR and vacancy rates, it is strong.

However, the folks stopping for gas could easily be the large contingent of Charleston's bartenders & professional servers stopping in Cola on their way to IKEA, assuming they have cars. Charlotte's IKEA makes a fortune off of the lowcountry's endless supply of restaurant workers, keep sending them up.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:06 AM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Actually, kind of not true, another dumb post by GSUPSTATE.

On the other hand, we can always count on you to bring up race, sad. It is amazing that for someone so sensitive about being called a name, you are quick to bring up race at any given opportunity.
Just block him like I do. His crap isn't even worth reading.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:05 PM

49 posts, read 81,426 times
'Justina4' must not have traveled I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta lately. That highway is a zoo at any time. It's only 6 lanes, in SC, between Spartanburg and Greenville and it's congested during rush hour. It probably carries more traffic than any long highway in the state.

Justina4's comment about 526 in Charleston not having any place to extend to. Well that's just an unresearched comment. Originally the highway was planned to continue across 17 and the Stono River, the tip of Johns Island, onto James Island just west of the County park, up along Central Park Road and connect to the James Island Connector. The grading already exists at the ends of both highways. You can probably find maps showing this leg in the Post and Courier archives. I think it's past time to get it done.

As far as the Upstate and Midlands getting screwed, I guess it depends on who has the most political clout. Right now it seems that the Low Country does. So I guess they are getting more than their fair share.

As far as the 'Inland Port' is concerned I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the work of Charleston politicians too. It can only mean a hand full of crane operator jobs in Spartanburg but potentially a boat load of tractor trailers hauling containers out of the inland port and onto already overcrowded I-85 and I-26. Keep in mind, that means an equal number of these highway monsters off I-26 in Charleston County. A big plus for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina